HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Tornado
Posted by: Melissa ()
Date: June 08, 2009 11:00PM

http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/weather/060809_vortex_2_tornado_captured_on_tape

I really want to do some storm chasing at some point before I die. Anyone do this before?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Being vague is almost as fun as that other thing.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tornado
Posted by: Dwight. ()
Date: June 08, 2009 11:35PM

Melissa said : "I'm a moron!"

Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: June 08, 2009 11:51PM

I'll chase your storm. Huh huh, huh huh huh, huh huh...

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Date: June 09, 2009 12:13AM

You sweet talker, you!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: June 09, 2009 07:22AM

No, but I've wanted to since I was around 12 when I took up an interest in meteorology. Now my daughter is into that "Storm Chasers" show on Discovery Channel and she's all about doing something like that. There are professional "tours", if you will, where you can go out to the Midwest for a week and you can chase storms. I looked into it and I want to say it runs about $2,000 per person, not including airfare.

That shit is dangerous, don't do it on your own. Or go out, do it on your own, and then blame somebody else if something bad happens to you - everybody else is doing it.

Date: June 09, 2009 08:29AM

I lived in South Dakota for a while, and there was a tornado siren right outside my house. It went off ALL the time, but I never saw one. I did see the tornado that rolled through here about 4 years ago along route 28, but it was pretty disappointing.

"Storm Chasers" is a pretty cool show! I don't know if I'd want to do a professional tour because it seems that it would be so pussified, and there would be too many people. To be fair, I don't know enough about them to be too critical. I definitely wouldn't be that moron trying to get into the middle of the storm -- don't have a death wish.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.