HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Typical Korrupted Demokrats - $enate $eat for $ale!
Posted by: conVince ()
Date: December 09, 2008 10:18AM

Even the governors don't think they are above _selling_ US Senate seats! Unbelievable! This is what we have to look forward to?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28139155/

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Typical Korrupted Demokrats - $enate $eat for $ale!
Date: December 09, 2008 10:27AM

conVince Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Even the governors don't think they are above
> _selling_ US Senate seats! Unbelievable! This is
> what we have to look forward to?
>
> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28139155/

Unlike the Republican Party, which embraces and loves its crooks like Libby and Larry Craig, the Democrats actually condemn those from their party who break the law and force them to resign.

Posted by: Bonfire ()
Date: December 09, 2008 11:32AM

Posted by: WashingTone Locian ()
Date: December 09, 2008 10:27AM

conVince Wrote:
>
> [www.msnbc.msn.com]

Unlike the Republican Party, which embraces and loves its crooks like Libby and Larry Craig, the Democrats actually condemn those from their party who break the law and force them to resign.

YEAH!! ++1 msnbc.com, check it out, fuggen governers are goin' down right and left. FATASS CORRUPT FUCKS!!

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: December 09, 2008 12:52PM

Arresting of governors by the feds must be super-rare... has it happened before?

Posted by: SpeedyGonzales ()
Date: December 09, 2008 12:57PM

Sounds like the Ill. Gov. went to school in Arkansas. They have
a program for "fast talkers".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swYRGhtu1wY

Betcha Elliot Spitzer is eating his heart out over Caroline too.

Heh..Heh.....:)

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: December 09, 2008 01:18PM

pgens Wrote:
> Arresting of governors by the feds must be
> super-rare... has it happened before?

Jim Guy Tucker was convicted in the whole whitewater deal, and he was gov. of arkansas...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2008 01:18PM by RESton Peace.

Date: December 09, 2008 01:53PM

conVince Wrote:
>
> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28139155/

I think most reasonable people believe that you should pay for your crimes, regardless of political party. Unfortunately people like you and Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity have this black and white view of the world where only Democrats are corrupt and when a Republican turns out to be crooked they are being "persecuted by the press" or the subject of a "witch hunt."

You are very sad and pathetic.

Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: December 09, 2008 02:56PM

Right.. can you say William Jefferson or whatever his name was from Louisiana. $90000 in his freezer and I don't remember him resigning. Luckily the voters narrowly rejected him.

But hey, Republicans can be run out just for violating PC speech requirements. I don't see too many Democrats getting grilled because they make off-color comments - usually that is when the media looks the other way.

I don't know of anyone that thought Stevens from Alaska shouldn't resign, but he decided to carry on with his election. That is just plain stupid.

If you turn on a light bright enough, pretty much every one of these guys in the Congress is a crook that took money from a donor and then signed or worked on any legislation for them. But it only gets selectively looked into by the media when it is important to paint someone in as bad a light as possible.

It will be interesting to see how far all of this goes. But please, don't sit there and say only democrats have the honor and integrity to step down when they are in trouble. That is pure BS.

Posted by: Vince(1) ()
Date: December 09, 2008 03:22PM

I guess it's the republikans particularly high horse attitude that makes their indiscretions so...soo...much fun to expose.

Date: December 09, 2008 04:10PM

Registered Voter Wrote:

>
> It will be interesting to see how far all of this
> goes. But please, don't sit there and say only
> democrats have the honor and integrity to step
> down when they are in trouble. That is pure BS.

If you read my post, you would note that Democrats force other Democrats to resign. Cases in point, Spitzer, McGreevy, Torricelli. William Jefferson is the exception to the rule. He was called on to resign but refused to. As for Bill Clinton, whatever his supposed crime, I don't believe it rose to the level of offering a resignation.

But where is the Republican outrage about Larry Craig? David Vitter? The Republican are a bunch of fucking assholes who say "Do as I say, not as I do." No wonder they are in the political wilderness!

Date: December 09, 2008 04:48PM

Lets not forget Barney Frank. I believe he was accused of something similar to Foley and yet the Democrats heartily supported him in his indiscretion.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9C0CEFD81539F936A15754C0A966958260

The reprimand is for fixing 33 of the prostitute's parking tickets and for writing a misleading letter that wound up in the hands of Virginia authorities characterizing the prostitute as fit for release from probation on a drug conviction.

It's a sad mess and an abuse of office, whether viewed as a lapse of judgment or morals. If the committee can be faulted, it is for failing to render an ethical judgment on the risk Mr. Frank undertook in hiring the prostitute in the first place, even for Mr. Frank's stated reason of trying to help rehabilitate him.

The annals of Congress's self-discipline are too sparse to demand censure rather than a reprimand for Mr. Frank's misdeeds. He has violated the House's standards, and his own. Let further judgment come from his constituents in Massachusetts.

Pretty funny.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2008 04:49PM by Registered Voter.

Date: December 09, 2008 04:55PM

I think the Barney Frank examole vs the Larry Craig incident is an example of the high horse syndrome I referred to. Craig was a gay bashing politician...while Barney...well he politics is at least consistent with his life style.

Obviously what Americans wont forgive is hypocracy!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2008 04:55PM by Vince(1).

Date: December 09, 2008 05:10PM

Right - hiring a male prostitute and letting him run a service from your home just makes it so much better to understand.

Craig was against gay rights - just because he swung both ways, how does that make him a hypocrite? He was married, and decided to indulge himself on the side. He was consistent in not promoting gay marriage - but I don't see anywhere the he was some outspoken national critic of gays. He also stated he would support Civil Unions.

http://www.ontheissues.org/Senate/Larry_Craig.htm

He was also elected by over 53% in (I think) every election he was in by his constituents. Again, shine the light on almost any of the cockroaches in Congress and I am sure you would find that most of them have serious issues they attempt to cover up or hide all the time.

Date: December 09, 2008 05:16PM

Listen..I beleive Craig came under as much if not more criticism from republikans. They gladly thru him under the bus. Your basic statement is correct..anytime..money...power...and egos mix like they do in politics...there is plenty of dirt to be spread around.

I go back to my hypocracy theory..whether real or preceived. Republikans run on the issue of family values..god and country..in that order. When they fall off..it's a long way down.

Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: December 09, 2008 05:30PM

So The Democrat Gov of IL will go to jail where he will join his predecessor, a Republican Gov of Il... Sounds like a Gov of Il issue - net a dem/repub issue.

Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: December 09, 2008 06:10PM

Vince(1) Wrote:
> blah blah blah republikans.
> blah blah Republikan blah

WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO REALIZE HOW FUCKING STUPID THAT SOUNDS?!

Date: December 09, 2008 07:43PM

MrMephisto Wrote:
> Vince(1) Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > blah blah blah republikans.
> > blah blah Republikan blah
>
> WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO REALIZE HOW FUCKING STUPID
> THAT SOUNDS?!

hey asshole..did I start the thread? I'll say what I like...how about you get a life and stop stalking me. I am not the topic of the thread...if you cant voice an opinion on the subject...please keep quiet.

Posted by: ttoo ()
Date: December 09, 2008 07:48PM

MrMephisto Wrote:
> Vince(1) Wrote:
> -----
> > blah blah blah republikans.
> > blah blah Republikan blah
>
> WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO REALIZE HOW FUCKING STUPID
> THAT SOUNDS?!

When are you going to stop going ape shit on the internet? LOL

Date: December 09, 2008 08:04PM

Vince(1) Wrote:
> MrMephisto Wrote:
> -----
> > Vince(1) Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > blah blah blah republikans.
> > > blah blah Republikan blah
> >
> > WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO REALIZE HOW FUCKING
> STUPID
> > THAT SOUNDS?!
>
>
> hey asshole..did I start the thread? I'll say
> what I like...how about you get a life and stop
> stalking me. I am not the topic of the
> thread...if you cant voice an opinion on the
> subject...please keep quiet.

But you're not being clever. You're not being witty. It just makes you look stupid, and that "k" says, "I have no opinion, but will recite whatever I read in the liberal blogs." Christ, you've probably also said the term "Bushies" out loud before.

My opinion on the subject: Glad they caught him.

Date: December 10, 2008 12:47PM

Im not here to impress you or anyone else.

Posted by: SRE ()
Date: December 10, 2008 12:54PM

That is a good thing!

Date: December 10, 2008 04:44PM

Seriously, when you refer to MrMephisto, I would use "Mister Asshole" if you are going to call him names...

Just don't try to lay this out that Republicans are out to be somehow morally superior - that is not the case. Most of us were taught to aim for higher goals or behavior, and if you fall short, you are still that far ahead of someone who has no goals at all.

For example, if all you ever want to be is a drug dealer? Or if all you ever want to be is the President? Sure, you can still screw up trying to become President, but you probably took a much different path than if you just wanted to be a drug dealer. You could still end up as a drug dealer when trying to become President, but at least you would probably have made it higher on the food chain before that happened :) Even the guy that becomes a priest - in most cases I doubt they start out saying "Hey, I want to be a pedophile - what better place than as a Catholic priest!" - but they are trying to take on a calling to serve others. Unfortunately some of them are not well suited for the job, and the screening seems to miss that tendency.

I just think folks today have no aspiration to do things in an honorable way anymore - there is no judgment system now that gives it merit. It seems instead that the bigger the asshole or liar (that you get away with) you are, or the better you play sports - those are the only criteria to get you some measure of respect in this world. Pretty sad.

Date: December 11, 2008 08:54AM

I really dont think things have changed that much over time. It's just that we look to the past through rosier glasses then we do the present/future.

Date: December 14, 2008 08:18PM

per the Wall Street Journal:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122926660096904673.html

"Barack Obama...dispatched Rahm Emanuel to contact aides of Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich to begin talking up Mr. Obama's preferred candidates, associates of Mr. Emanuel said this weekend."

Looks like the Obama administration is tainted, awash in scandal even before the oath of office. All of the Demokrats own doing!!! No Republican hands in this one!

Posted by: ferfux ()
Date: December 14, 2008 09:32PM

oh please! Dems and Reps are all corrupt! eQUALLY so!

Date: December 15, 2008 07:46AM

I know, hence the last three words of the post.

Date: December 15, 2008 09:07AM

conVince Wrote:
> per the Wall Street Journal:
>
> http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122926660096904673
> .html
>
> "Barack Obama...dispatched Rahm Emanuel to contact
> aides of Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich to begin
> talking up Mr. Obama's preferred candidates,
> associates of Mr. Emanuel said this weekend."
>
> Looks like the Obama administration is tainted,
> awash in scandal even before the oath of office.
> All of the Demokrats own doing!!! No Republican
> hands in this one!

In yours and every other republikan dregs dreams...It is quite natural for state and federal officials from IL to be in contact with the state governor. It doesnt mean they are involved in the corruption.

Date: December 15, 2008 01:16PM

Seriously.

Vince, can you come up with something OTHER than the talking points excuse of the day? I heard that all weekend from aides of Obama - seems the spin machine is already working. Of course, he makes himself look bad when he says he had no discussions with anyone in Blagojevich's office, and Axelrod is noting he was in contact with them about possible choices in the recent past. Now it was all about him misspeaking (Axelrod).

"quite natural"... lol.

Again, I guess Obama just made another bad choice, by associating with this nut job, and contributing to, and helping run his election campaigns in the past. This recent behavior is obviously just an aberration. Much like Rev Wright never said anything controversial when Obama was at his sermons for 20 years.

What I find interesting is how the press is suddenly finding themselves in the position of defending themselves. "Oops... how did we let this obvious corruption get so big right under our noses?" That was part of the weekend talk jobs too.

I honestly could give a shit if Obama is involved at this point - although I hope for his sake and ours, that nothing more comes out that establishes a more obvious link - in an area where he has already denied any knowledge. He'd probably end up having more than shoes thrown at him if he ends up as corrupt as what has already been demonstrated in Ill between Rezko and his associates and others.

Date: December 15, 2008 02:43PM

It's not spin..it's the truth..but a republikan like yourself csnt differentiate the two.

Date: December 15, 2008 02:45PM

Vince, I think you have been spun so much you think that way. Your little inane jabs notwithstanding, you are an actual product of spin.

Date: December 15, 2008 08:35PM

I had to laugh at the MSNBC.com headline on a the moment. "Obama team: No inappropriate contact"

Sounds like it was borrowed from the Lewinski headlines ;)

Date: December 15, 2008 09:52PM

pgens Wrote:
> I had to laugh at the MSNBC.com headline on a the
> moment. "Obama team: No inappropriate contact"
>
> Sounds like it was borrowed from the Lewinski
> headlines ;)

Oh boy! You republikans are starting to salivate...Leeewwwinskiii! Yeah!!!! I love it..you all post a list of hundred people the Clinton's came in contact with and are now dead...insinuating they did it..the CLinton's had them killed. And what is it you all caught him on? Two adults having consentual sex...what a f..king joke. And then all the republikan women get so offended.....a married man cheating on his wife...hoowwww terrrible..I'll never forgive him! As if 80% of their husbands wouldnt have done the same thing. And then to top it off...you Amerka first republikans drag the country through the mud to try and convict a married man of lying about cheatinng...such great amerikans you are!

Remeber this....at least when Clinton lied, nobody died. Not a US soldier...not 600k innocent Iraqis.

And this IL governor story is just going to dissapear...and until the next reported scandal..you'll just have to keep your hopes us.

Date: December 16, 2008 07:32AM

Calm down Vince... I was laughing at the quote as it was printed, not criticizing Obama. I'm not a rebublican or Republikan or however you like to type it.

Date: December 16, 2008 08:46AM

okay....I'll start my meditation immediately....OHHHHMMM....OHHHHMM!

Date: December 16, 2008 08:46AM

Vince(1) Wrote:
> ....when Clinton lied, nobody died.

It's official: you have no idea what you're talking about. You just quote bumper stickers and whatever you read on ultra-left-wing liberal blogs.

Frankly, it's people like you that made me switch political parties. I'd rather identify with bloodthirsty warmongers than spineless, granola-eating hippies.

Date: December 16, 2008 10:10AM

Vince(1) Wrote:
> And then all the republikan women
> get so offended.....a married man cheating on his
> wife...hoowwww terrrible.

http://womenshistory.about.com/cs/quotes/a/qu_h_clinton.htm

Hillary Clinton: "I'm not some Tammy Wynette standing by my man. "

I would never have believed it but Vince thinks Hillary Clinton is a Rebublican! Didn't she just run for the presidency as a Demokrat?

Date: December 16, 2008 12:36PM

Hillary is still married to Bill for political expediency - period. If she had been truly upset by his behavior in the WH, she would have divorced his sorry ass when his term expired. All of her actions scream political expediency - and that is pretty sad. I would have respected her more if she had divorced him - but her actions are pretty telling.

And I didn't give a shit about Lewinsky, other than the fact that legally there are government workplace rules in place that do not allow for relationships with interns that he obviously broke. And if had just come out and said "ok, ok I did it, so what, lets move on" it would have probably died out a lot faster. If he was willing to lie about something that everyone here believes was such a trivial issue, then it is pretty easy to presume he lied about a lot of other issues that were much more serious. Because seriously - Hillary already knew about his affairs, so why the hell would he care to lie about it otherwise?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2008 12:36PM by Registered Voter.

Date: December 16, 2008 12:40PM

Forget Hillary... I am more interested in any speculation that the soon-to-be-Illinoi$-staffed White House team will be in communication with Blago's legal team and friends concerning sealed pardons. Now that Obama holds the pardon card over Blago, he can tell him to screw off with his delusions of riche$... Blago is his bitch and would name Goofy if Obama so desired it. Those Illinoi$ Demokrat$ have to stick together!

Date: December 16, 2008 12:59PM

Good for a Clancy novel maybe but I sincerely doubt anyone on the Obama team would seriously consider a potential pardon at this point, unless the charges against Blago were all fabricated or something.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.