HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
FireFox users: Bring Vince and ConVince With You!
Posted by: pgens ()
Date: November 14, 2008 08:48AM

I already miss the political banter and debating, which has died down. If you are a FireFox user, go to your plugin control and download a pluggin called FoxReplace. What this does is replace text on Web pages on-the-fly based on a list you provide.

So when you replace republican with republikan and democrat with demokrat in the pluggin settings, you get something like the following when you load a page... it's like having the FFU political fighting with you every time you browse the Web!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2008 08:50AM by pgens.
Attachments:
firefox.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: FireFox users: Bring Vince and ConVince With You!
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: November 14, 2008 08:55AM

Haha. I can think of a few good shenanigans that could be pulled off with this feature :))

Date: November 14, 2008 09:03AM

One problem is it will also mess with your inputs... I had to turn it off and edit a few times to make sure I could have my post end up correct.

It would have been nice in the day to have "VAMusician()" and "Richmond Rebel()" just show "Meade Skelton()"

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: November 14, 2008 09:24AM

A friend of mine is a strict vegan, and she's always on these vegan websites looking for new recipes and stuff. Next time I have unsupervised access to her laptop, I am totally installing this plugin so that it changes the word "tofu" to "beef". :)))

Date: November 14, 2008 02:01PM

lol. Then change "beef" to "tofu" and hope it doesn't end up in an endless loop and blow up the computer. And then in two years tell the friend she's been eating beef all this time.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.