HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Optimism
Posted by: Republican Values ()
Date: October 03, 2006 07:28AM

Optimism

“C’mon, man. There’s nothing up here but sky!”

I remember that long ago day on the trampoline. My brother always had such a great outlook on life. Nothing seemed to get him down. He rarely complained and everyone seemed to be his friend. As we grew older, he went on to start his own company. Even when facing serious setbacks, he always found a bright side to hold on to. Eventually his work paid off and his company was a success.

He has always been my hero. Following his enthusiasm for life, I have also worked my way in the business world. And whenever I feel down and discouraged, I look up and remember his voice gleefully shouting that summer day, “There’s nothing up here but sky.”

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Optimism
Posted by: pgens ()
Date: October 03, 2006 08:52AM

How nice to look up at the sky and actually see the sky instead of millions of pounds of bombs raining down on your country, killing a hundred thousand of your civilian countrymen. Awesome republican values!

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: October 03, 2006 09:52AM

YoureTheOneWhoWantedTheBibleTaughtInScho

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: October 03, 2006 09:56AM

heh

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: October 03, 2006 11:28AM

the problem with optimism is that it's too optimistic.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: § ()
Date: October 03, 2006 11:56AM

Things would've been more optimistic if your brother would've been honest with the creditors in his business and not manipulated his earnings.

But hey, isn't that what Republican values are all about? Borrowing and spending money you don't have and being deceptive to those who helped raise your capital? -§

Posted by: trends ()
Date: October 03, 2006 01:56PM

Sounds like good old fashioned American values to me. Democrats and Republicans, two sides of the same worthless coin.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.