HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
72 / 45 MPH Speed Limit Charge
Posted by: Asian_Pride ()
Date: August 10, 2008 10:19PM

One of the person I know was charged with 72 / 45 MPH Speed Limit Zone on Route 7 couple days ago by Officer G T Little of FCPD. The person told me that when he searched through the Fairfax County General District Court Case Information website, he found the same cop as complainant with same charge of different person. The person who got charged with same charge (72 / 45 MPH Limit) was speeding. The person who I know got charged with reckless driving with the same charge that other person got. So by surprise, 74 / 45 MPH Speed Limit was also charged as speeding with another different person but same cop as complainant. The person who I know has court date later on. Is there a way to contest this ticket charge at Fairfax County General District Court. Does anyone know G T Little of FCPD or had got pulled over by him??? I am trying to help out the person who I know. Let me know some suggestions for this charge.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 72 / 45 MPH Speed Limit Charge
Posted by: watcher ()
Date: August 11, 2008 08:00AM

The other people were probably charged with reckless and it was reduced to speeding in court. Tell your friend to slow down. That's how you can help him.

Re: 72 / 45 MPH Speed Limit Charge
Posted by: pgens ()
Date: August 11, 2008 08:03AM

Where is the rest of the story? What were the circumstances with the "friend" that got pulled over? Reckless can be the charge for 20+ over (qualifies), but there are many other things that can do it. Racing, passing emergency vehicles, lots of stuff. Maybe the officer pulled up the record of the friend and saw a laundry list of charges and decided enough was enough.

It is very hard to equate one case with another with the few details you get on the district court case site. The charge alone doesn't give you the circumstances behind each incident. Better to get a lawyer and have him or her take care of it. Standing there and telling the judge that this officer was picking on your friend isn't going to get you anywhere.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.