HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Cell phone blockers
Posted by: Priapus ()
Date: December 24, 2012 08:14AM

Sometimes, I don't want to hear half a conversation. Sometimes, I'm surprised how some people have a lack of privacy. Sometimes, I'm surprised people need cell phones considering how loud they are.
I'm considering getting a cell phone blocker. I know I have to get it from the UK. I know they are illegal. I know the FCC is cracking down on the makers in the US.
What I do want to know is how to make sure I'm getting the latest model that will work on today's technology. Any ideas?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cell phone blockers
Posted by: BEH ()
Date: December 24, 2012 08:30AM

Great idea! I'd like one too!

People USED to talk on the phone in their own homes or phone booths. And they'd shut the phone booth door!

Now, everyone seems to want everyone else to hear their conversations.

Yes, a device to jam the signals would be most welcome and put to use daily!

Posted by: BioHazard ()
Date: December 24, 2012 08:59AM

Do they work like beta blockers and protease inhibitors? You should be careful - I hear they can do some serious damage to your liver.

Posted by: duderino ()
Date: December 24, 2012 12:49PM

Priapus Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sometimes, I don't want to hear half a
> conversation. Sometimes, I'm surprised how some
> people have a lack of privacy. Sometimes, I'm
> surprised people need cell phones considering how
> loud they are.
> I'm considering getting a cell phone blocker. I
> know I have to get it from the UK. I know they are
> illegal. I know the FCC is cracking down on the
> makers in the US.
> What I do want to know is how to make sure I'm
> getting the latest model that will work on today's
> technology. Any ideas?

I had one from chinavision.com a few years ago and it no longer works on some of the newer phones. It was lots of fun to use on upity bitches at wegmans. Their call would not drop but they could no longer hear anything once I hit the button. They would stand there saying"hello...hello...hello?"
Once I found out they were illegal I got rid of it but I got some good laughs out of that thing. They are great at restaurants also.

Posted by: Fight fire with fire ()
Date: December 24, 2012 12:58PM

When I went to the grocery store recently with my GF there was some typical FFx asshole yelling on his cell phone. He was telling the person on the other end how he was going to fire some people and straighten things out. My gf commented on how loud he was and what a douche he seemed to be.

To fix the problem I pulled out my cell phone and called my home number. I stood as close to this asshole as possible and started saying in a loud voice how my last colonoscopy went. How the doctor shoved a tube ten feet up my ass and how I farted my brains out. GF was laughing her ass off and the FFX asshole gave me a dirty look and terminated his call.

Posted by: Fight fire with gasoline ()
Date: December 24, 2012 01:37PM

Fight fire with fire Wrote:
>
> To fix the problem I pulled out my cell phone and
> called my home number. I stood as close to this
> asshole as possible and started saying in a loud
> voice how my last colonoscopy went. How the doctor
> shoved a tube ten feet up my ass and how I farted
> my brains out. GF was laughing her ass off and the
> FFX asshole gave me a dirty look and terminated
> his call.

The douche had the last laugh. He didn't waste any minutes since he was just using the cell phone as a status symbol, and the fake conversation he was having was intended to impress other shoppers with his imaginary position of authority.

I'm surprised he didn't have an extra large bluedouche earpiece to go along with the belt clip I'm sure he had for his crappy pay-as-you-go flip phone.

Posted by: fight fire with fire ()
Date: December 24, 2012 01:40PM

I also fart on the worst offenders. It is one of the other things I do to get back at them. Love to hear them tell the person on the other end to hang on some guy just farted on me.

Posted by: Maybe Illegal, but who cares? ()
Date: December 24, 2012 01:42PM

duderino Wrote:
> Once I found out they were illegal I got rid of it
> but I got some good laughs out of that thing. They
> are great at restaurants also.

I wouldn't be too concerned with the legality of cell phone blockers. For one thing, it's a federal law and probably only enforced by the FCC. For another thing, nobody would have any idea you were using it around them, unless you were doing something like blocking a neighbor's cell phone for an extended amount of time like weeks or months.

If you use it for a few minutes to fuck with people at a random location, there is no way anyone could determine the source of the interference.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.