HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
NRA Blames First Person Video Games Like Call of Duty and Kill Kindergardeners
Posted by: Gamer ()
Date: December 21, 2012 12:54PM

I couldn't believe the NRA was blaming video games for the killings. The video games didn't kill the kids!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: NRA Blames First Person Video Games Like Call of Duty and Kill Kindergardeners
Posted by: Gordon Ave. ()
Date: December 21, 2012 02:07PM

Gamer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I couldn't believe the NRA was blaming video games
> for the killings. The video games didn't kill the
> kids!

Almost every mass shooter since Columbine have been gamers who played first person shooters. That and mental instability is the constant thread.

The gun didn't kill the kids either! It was the guy pulling the trigger.

They're coming for your video games. They're coming from your mind-polluting movies. They're coming for your death-loving TV shows. They're coming for your cop-killer-loving music. We will all be better off for it when they do.

Re: NRA Blames First Person Video Games Like Call of Duty and Kill Kindergardeners
Posted by: Don't Forget ()
Date: December 21, 2012 02:29PM

Gordon Ave. Wrote:
> Gamer Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I couldn't believe the NRA was blaming video
> games
> > for the killings. The video games didn't kill
> the
> > kids!
>
>
> Almost every mass shooter since Columbine have
> been gamers who played first person shooters.
> That and mental instability is the constant
> thread.
>
> The gun didn't kill the kids either! It was the
> guy pulling the trigger.
>
> They're coming for your video games. They're
> coming from your mind-polluting movies. They're
> coming for your death-loving TV shows. They're
> coming for your cop-killer-loving music. We will
> all be better off for it when they do.

Don't forget the guns, bitch. They'll be coming for those, too, and we will all be better off for it.

Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: December 21, 2012 03:50PM

I'm like, totally gonna kill a bunch of people but I don't play COD. I like God Of War. So what ive learned from that game is to strap on some huge fucking blades with retractable chains and go around cutting people into little bits. And I'm going to fucking own those Gorgons when they come at me.

Posted by: pig farmer ()
Date: December 21, 2012 04:57PM

Bottom line his mom should never have had guns in the house if he had those mental issues. This kid was no dummy he would have figured out how to defeat a gun lock. She needed to weigh her options keep son and get rid of guns or get rid of son and keep the guns. Just that simple.

Posted by: Atom ()
Date: December 21, 2012 07:55PM

I'm not into gaming, but I think violence in games and on TV etc are a very useful way to express violence without hurting people.

Plus, it sounds like Lanza was into strategy games, not 1st person shooting games, so um....

This is just an extremely horrific example of the violence gun owners beget.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2012 07:56PM by Atom.

Posted by: lunchbox joe ()
Date: December 21, 2012 08:12PM

First liberals demand the NRA speak out. NRA holds press conference and liberals beging shouting so no one can hear.

Posted by: Charleton Heston ()
Date: December 21, 2012 08:41PM

The NRA, like Grover Norquist, has yet to realize that it has lost the argument and much of its power. The NRA will never again yield the power it once did.

Posted by: Reality ()
Date: December 21, 2012 08:45PM

Atom Wrote:
> I'm not into gaming, but I think violence in games
> and on TV etc are a very useful way to express
> violence without hurting people.
>
> Plus, it sounds like Lanza was into strategy
> games, not 1st person shooting games, so um....

So, ummm, wrong... Unless you consider Call of Duty a 'strategy game.'

>
> This is just an extremely horrific example of the
> violence gun owners beget.

Guns don't teach you to dress up like a ninja special ops warrior and to go out and shoot people. All of these young, white, male relatively affluent shooters show the same general profile which includes a socially isolated existence an immersion into similar video games. Now where could they possibly come up with such ideas?

Furthermore, in all of these cases including this one, there is a clear intent established before they even have guns. The Columbine shooters spent a year coming up with a plan and then later assemble weapons. Lanza attempted to buy weapons days before. As have virtually all others. Guns are not the cause. Failing to address the real causes and simply using such events for ideological purposes means that similar incidents will continue regardless what gun laws we might create.

Posted by: NW3wU ()
Date: December 23, 2012 01:40AM

lunchbox joe Wrote:
> First liberals demand the NRA speak out. NRA holds
> press conference and liberals beging shouting so
> no one can hear.

The two 'protesters' were from Code Pink. An anti-war organization who has been super quiet about the wars over the last four years or so. Coincidence? I think not. Clearly they're only concerned about war when a Republican is in the Oval office.

"The best currently available public aggregate data on drone strikes are provided by The Bureau of Investigative Journalism (TBIJ), an independent journalist organization. TBIJ reports that from June 2004 through mid-September 2012, available data indicate that drone strikes killed 2,562-3,325 people in Pakistan, of whom 474-881 were civilians, including 176 children"

http://livingunderdrones.org/

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/jun/11/obama-drone-wars-normalisation-extrajudicial-killing

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/view_from_chicago/2012/10/obama_s_drone_war_is_probably_illegal_will_it_stop_.html

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.