HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
I need to sell one of my cars, which one should I get rid of?
Posted by: ktns311 ()
Date: December 20, 2012 10:30PM

I have three cars, it's too many! Should I try to take one to Carmax and sell it to them or maybe try to sell it myself? I have a Honda Civic coupe, a Hyundai Sante Fe, and a Honda Pilot. I'm thinking about selling the Pilot because it has the most value. I don't know, I've never sold a car before.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I need to sell one of my cars, which one should I get rid of?
Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: December 20, 2012 10:31PM

there is an easy way to make both easy and complex choices. before i go into detail, do you have a 21-sided die? ;)

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Re: I need to sell one of my cars, which one should I get rid of?
Posted by: Advise and Consent ()
Date: December 21, 2012 08:32AM

First thing is definitely go to Carmax and have them give you a quote which is free and I believe they will honor for a week. You will likely be able to wring a few more bucks out of the vehicle by selling it yourself but, is it worth the hassle?

1) All of your cars are Asian. Brown savage mud people LOVE Asian cars. Do you really want to subject yourself to hundreds of calls from people who can barely speak English trying to schedule a test drive?

2) Brown savage mud people are seldom on time. So, there you are...you've spent all of this time and money getting your car cleaned up you've got 3 people lined up to come and see your car and...NONE...OF...THEM...SHOW. ANd when they do show, they try and work you on the price...or their money's no good...or they want to make payments on it for the next year and all other kinds of bullshit. Meanwhile, your money from Carmax could already be in the bank and you could be home, watching the Redskins, and eating a cheese pizza off the ass of a hot brown savage mud girl while getting your schlong slurped by her hot, blonde friend. Unless you have a rare Corvette or some unusual vehicle or some other special situation...there's no reason not to sell your vehicle at Carmax.

3) As for which car to sell...decide on your needs. Do you live with anyone? Do you have kids? Do you need to haul things frequently? If the answers are no then sell the SanteFe and the Pilot. You may need to haul kids or plywood or whatever someday but for now...dump the SUVs.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.