HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
McAfee Anti-virus Programmer John McAfee on the Lam
Posted by: Ed Realtor ()
Date: November 13, 2012 02:55PM

Anti-virus maker John McAfee will not turn himself in for questioning about the murder of his neighbor Gregory Faull for which he is "a person of interest," but it's not because he did it, he says. McAfee claims he is innocent in an interview with Wired's Joshua Davis, who managed to talk with him because he had previously been working on a story about McAfee about "his claims against the government and the government’s charges against him." However, the circumstances of his quick escape don't make McAfee look like an innocent party. For example, as he saw the police approaching he hid by burying himself in the sand with a cardboard box over his head, he told Davis. And, he says he will not turn himself in while he hides "somewhere" in Belize. Somewhere he can talk to tech reporters, to give his side of the story. In fact, the timing of the investigation is curious with both Gizmodo and Wired working with McAfee to write feature-length pieces about his run-ins with the cops. Not a bad time to have media contacts?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: McAfee Anti-virus Programmer John McAfee on the Lam
Posted by: Money makes you crazy ()
Date: November 13, 2012 03:06PM

So I wonder just what amount of money makes a person go crazy?

Or do you have to be crazy to make a certain amount of money?

Re: McAfee Anti-virus Programmer John McAfee on the Lam
Posted by: Bath Salts ()
Date: November 13, 2012 03:11PM

Money makes you crazy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So I wonder just what amount of money makes a
> person go crazy?
>
> Or do you have to be crazy to make a certain
> amount of money?

John McAfee has a history of drug abuse -

The drugged-out adventures of anti-virus founder John McAfee, who is suspected of murdering his neighbor in Belize, have only gotten more bizarre since news of the killing first hit the U.S. According to Wired, McAfee is avoiding the authorities by "burying himself in the sand with a cardboard box over his head" because he's afraid of being interrogated. "It was extraordinarily uncomfortable," he said. "But they will kill me if they find me."

McAfee, who lost most of his tech-bubble money and got really into bath salts, claims he has nothing to do with the shooting of Gregory Faull, a fellow ex-pat who was not pleased with McAfee's six big, barking dogs. (He filed a formal complaint against McAfee for "roguish behavior" just days before his death.)

McAfee says the animals were poisoned, and maybe whoever killed his neighbor was actually after him. "Under no circumstances am I going to willingly talk to the police in this country," he told Wired. "You can say I'm paranoid about it but they will kill me, there is no question. They've been trying to get me for months. They want to silence me." Bad trip or worst trip ever?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.