HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Woman who drove on a sidewalk must wear idiot sign
Posted by: Yeah Judge ()
Date: November 06, 2012 05:29PM

Go judge.

CLEVELAND (AP) -- A woman caught on camera driving on a sidewalk to avoid a Cleveland school bus that was unloading children will have to stand at an intersection wearing a sign warning about idiots.

Court records show a Cleveland Municipal Court judge on Monday ordered 32-year-old Shena Hardin to stand at an intersection for two days next week. She will have to wear a sign saying: "Only an idiot drives on the sidewalk to avoid a school bus."

The judge ordered her to wear the sign from 7:45 a.m. to 8:45 a.m. both days.

Hardin's license was suspended for 30 days and she was ordered to pay $250 in court costs.

Messages seeking comment were left at a telephone listing for Hardin and at her attorney's office.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Woman who drove on a sidewalk must wear idiot sign
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: November 06, 2012 05:37PM

Hopefully no one gives her the idea of appealing on the grounds it is cruel and unusual punishment.

Posted by: Scarlet Letter ()
Date: November 06, 2012 05:37PM

I am a little uneasy with the government forcing humiliation upon citizens, but this chick truly deserves it.

Posted by: Local Heroin ()
Date: November 06, 2012 07:18PM

eesh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hopefully no one gives her the idea of appealing
> on the grounds it is cruel and unusual punishment.

The charges against here were probably a little more severe in consquence than that. I bet she agreed to it in lieu of a more serious sentencing. That video is definitely one of my favorites right now, I just wish they taped the look on her face once she got pulled.

Posted by: my 10 ()
Date: November 06, 2012 08:23PM

Yeah Judge Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> She will have to wear a sign saying: "Only
> an idiot drives on the sidewalk to avoid a school
> bus."

The harshness of this language is not commensurate with the miscreant's premeditated, careless, reckless crimes. Her crimes were not isolated or trivial incidents - and she committed them every time she could.

It's a blanket statement. This sentencing is meant to publically humiliate. The language should directly state the relationship between the wearer to the crime. Acknowledgement is important.

The statement is overwhelmingly indirect and more perplexing than true. I can imagine a scenario in which a smart person would drive on the sidewalk to avoid a school bus.

The language should be modified and the text on her sign should be large, legible, and color-contrasted from a solid background. She should have to stand as if she were balancing a book on her head in multiple high-traffic areas of town.

The alternative should be a hot iron to the skin of the forehead.

Link to video of her crimes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48lxqgdo8iw
Attachments:
016723-thief-sign.jpg

Posted by: Kang Abdul Fuentes ()
Date: November 06, 2012 08:26PM

Fairfax would never do that as they would want the signs to be in fifty different languages. Doing them in English is just a waste of time

Posted by: B O ()
Date: November 06, 2012 08:30PM

LOL that could be me
Attachments:
016723-thief-sign.jpg
Obama-Finger-Pointing.jpg

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.