HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Guy goes prospecting and finds a human skeleton in the remains of a tent
Posted by: Cleetus Buford III ()
Date: October 18, 2012 07:47AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Guy goes prospecting and finds a human skeleton in the remains of a tent
Posted by: First Impressions ()
Date: October 18, 2012 09:04AM

It's faked.

There's no decayed clothing scraps on or underneath the bones, and the sleeping bag is too clean. A putrefying body makes a hell of a stain; ask anyone who's had to clean up a scene after Grandma kicked the bucket and nobody found her for two weeks.

Also, bones don't bleach out like that except in very dry climates with sun exposure. The bones should be stained brown. I'd also think that the spinal column would be more disarticulated, especially considering the ribs are scattered all over the scene.

I could also comment on the wear and tear that should have taken place on the boots and backpack in the same time it takes a body to skeletonize to that extent; while they look worn, they don't look like several months abandoned in the woods worn (notice the laces on the boots, for example).

Just my initial thoughts.

Posted by: Outback Steakhouse ()
Date: October 18, 2012 09:16AM

This was in the Australian outback. Not fake. if you click on the link above the pic, there's more pictures.

http://www.smh.com.au/wa-news/skeleton-found-in-goldfields-20121018-27sxr.html

Posted by: dbs ()
Date: October 18, 2012 09:19AM

i checked out the link where there's another pic.

the post above says "bones don't bleach out like that except in very dry climates with sun exposure." according to the link, this guy was found in the western australia outback where there's very little rain. sounds like good conditions to me.

i can't speak for the shoelaces, but the shoes themselves aren't recent and have what appears to be an unnatural curve to both of them -- as if they were wedged under something for a long while.

w/ regard to the bones, if they guy kicked it inside a tent (which appears to be the case from what looks like a tent frame and pegs in the pic, larger scavengers might not have gotten to it before the smaller ones cleaned him up -- think rodents and/or insects.

finally, this snippet seems to support the validity of the pics (the original forum poster is a gold prospector from wetern australia).

Posted by: outback jack ()
Date: October 18, 2012 09:47AM

Attachments:
crikey_australia_zoo.gif

Posted by: Outback Steaks yum ()
Date: October 18, 2012 09:49AM

Do you think he'll be ok? I hope they get him to a hospital quickly.

Posted by: Elaine ()
Date: October 18, 2012 09:53AM

The dingo ate that baby

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.