HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Romney lying again....
Posted by: Lloydster ()
Date: October 03, 2012 11:15AM

“When I was a boy, my mom and dad used to read to me from a book called, ‘Men to Match My Mountains,’” Romney said.

I call bullshit. He's making shit up again.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/decision2012/romney-in-debate-preview-says-were-not-seeing-the-real-recovery/2012/10/01/a7096a30-0c38-11e2-bb5e-492c0d30bff6_story.html

http://www.amazon.com/Men-Match-Mountains-Irving-Stone/dp/042510544X#reader_042510544X

I could be wrong but I'm right 99% of the time

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Romney lying again....
Posted by: Hay Zeus ()
Date: October 03, 2012 11:26AM

why are you such a dishonest political hack?

who f'ing cares!

You don't seem the least bit bothered that Obama is lied to the American people about the events leading up to our embassy being sacked in Libya and the Ambassador being sodomized and murdered.

OR that the Obama administration is covering up that it was supplying guns to Mexican Drug Cartels

Posted by: 4 more years, II ()
Date: October 03, 2012 11:27AM

Lessee - Romney is 65, 1956 was 56 years ago...it's possible his parents read to him when he was 9-ish.

===========

Romney spouts enough shit - and reveals enough reality about himself when he's least expecting it - that something REALLY minor like bedtime stories probably isn't very interesting, eh?

I'm still trying to get my head around that totally-damning "taped-presentation-to-donors" clip - when one watches it, there is NO ambiguity about what he's saying and saying strongly.

Posted by: and? ()
Date: October 03, 2012 11:29AM

Lloydster Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> “When I was a boy, my mom and dad used to read
> to me from a book called, ‘Men to Match My
> Mountains,’” Romney said.
>
> I call bullshit. He's making shit up again.
>
> http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/decision201
> 2/romney-in-debate-preview-says-were-not-seeing-th
> e-real-recovery/2012/10/01/a7096a30-0c38-11e2-bb5e
> -492c0d30bff6_story.html
>
> http://www.amazon.com/Men-Match-Mountains-Irving-S
> tone/dp/042510544X#reader_042510544X

If it is coming from you, we know you are lying. You have been getting caught in your bullshit lies here for months. Move along, nothing but Liarster's lies here.

Oh, you are catching this now? He has been using this line for over a year. Way to pay attention, Liarster.

Posted by: and? ()
Date: October 03, 2012 11:33AM

Let's see, Obama writes an autobiography full of lies and Lloydster "is getting excited" about voting for him.

On the other hand, Lloydster falsely contends that Mitt Romney is lying about his parents reading him a book and is so outraged by it.

So, Liarster, why aren't you outraged about Obama's autobiography that contains lies? Oh yeah, liars always line up with liars. Know why? Lying liars always lie.

Posted by: Lloydster ()
Date: October 03, 2012 11:40AM

I'm excited!

I could be wrong but I'm right 99% of the time

Posted by: village idiot ()
Date: October 03, 2012 12:00PM

I watched that tape of Romney and the 47% thing. Got to say, I don't even see why it was such a controversy. What exactly did he say that isn't true? He said 47% of people won't vote for me no matter what I do. That seems to be a true statement. And he said he doesn't care about them (in the fact of getting their votes since he knows he can't) so he has to try to work on the 10% of independents. Pretty much anybody running for office would do the same thing, work on getting people they could and not waste their energy on the others.

Posted by: Ito ()
Date: October 03, 2012 12:34PM

Even in terms of political strategy, Romney's 47% speech to the idiots in that room is a losing strategy. If he can't get over 95% of the remaining 53%, he loses.

If you take his words in the larger context that 47% of this country is dependent, indolent and not ready to take personal responsibility for their lives, that is completely contradictory to the belief in "American Exceptionalism". Your belief isn't in the power of American ideas and the good nature of the American people -- you think half of them aren't worthy.

Its a shitty world view either way you look at it.

Posted by: village idiot ()
Date: October 03, 2012 12:39PM

Take a look around, how many people are ready to take responsibility for their actions on this very website? How many F the police threads because I got busted for something have you seen? Again, what was untrue about Romney saying that 47% of people won't vote for him no matter what he does? There is also a percentage of people who won't vote for Obama no matter what he does. Maybe this isn't the best worldview, but it is reality.

Posted by: partisan dumbshits ()
Date: October 03, 2012 12:45PM

village idiot Wrote:
> I watched that tape of Romney and the 47% thing.
> Got to say, I don't even see why it was such a
> controversy. What exactly did he say that isn't
> true? He said 47% of people won't vote for me no
> matter what I do. That seems to be a true
> statement. And he said he doesn't care about them
> (in the fact of getting their votes since he knows
> he can't) so he has to try to work on the 10% of
> independents. Pretty much anybody running for
> office would do the same thing, work on getting
> people they could and not waste their energy on
> the others.

Exactly right. Anyone with any sense understands what he was saying. The only people who push it as any more than that are those who want to see it as it fits their own bias. Same way that it was done for the "You didn't build that..." on the other side. They do the same damn thing on the other side and then the partisans either blow it off or whine about it when it's turned around. lol

Posted by: VotingForObama! ()
Date: October 03, 2012 02:05PM

Ito Wrote:
> Even in terms of political strategy, Romney's 47%
> speech to the idiots in that room is a losing
> strategy. If he can't get over 95% of the
> remaining 53%, he loses.
>
> If you take his words in the larger context that
> 47% of this country is dependent, indolent and not
> ready to take personal responsibility for their
> lives, that is completely contradictory to the
> belief in "American Exceptionalism". Your belief
> isn't in the power of American ideas and the good
> nature of the American people -- you think half of
> them aren't worthy.
>
> Its a shitty world view either way you look at it.

ANy cndidate that looks down on his people is a assholeo.
+1

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.