HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
DWI scare tactics- have cops and teachers lost their frigging minds???
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: June 13, 2008 09:06AM

I found this story to be completely crazy and particularly worthy of ridicule... cops tell a bunch of high school students that one of their classmates got killed in a car wreck- only to later tell them it was some sort of sick hoax to scare them into not drinking and driving. Maybe doctors should start diagnosing fictitious diseases in order to scare people into a healthier lifestyle...

Can you imagine sitting around with your colleagues planning something like this?? 

I yield back the fact that people are out of their goddamn minds...

http://www.wtop.com/?nid=104&sid=1420984

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: DWI scare tactics- have cops and teachers lost their frigging minds???
Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: June 13, 2008 09:12AM

Because the most important thing is to erode what little trust teens already have in the police.

What a bunch of morons.

Posted by: Lurker.. ()
Date: June 13, 2008 09:16AM

The students should of done the exact same thing back. Made up some fake crisis.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: June 13, 2008 09:57AM

LOL, thinking back to the way we were in high school, these folks are lucky they didn't have a full-scale riot on their hands. I guess nowadays people just file lawsuits against each other.....

Lurker.. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The students should of done the exact same thing
> back. Made up some fake crisis.

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: June 13, 2008 09:58AM

I smell a lawsuit.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: June 15, 2008 01:04PM

sue the cops for undue emotional distress. just when i thought the cops couldnt sink any lower and get away with it, this happens.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: trogdor! ()
Date: June 16, 2008 08:04AM

""They were traumatized, but we wanted them to be traumatized," said guidance counselor Lori Tauber"

HUH? Has Lori consented to being 'traumatized' as long as there's a lesson to be learned? What if someone kidnaps her as she leaves work or arrives home late one night. Rushes out and put a hood over her head and throw her in the back of a car. Then ties her up in an abandoned warehouse for 'just a few hours'. Then, pulls the hood off and says "Surprise!! We're just teaching you to be more aware of your surroundings!" Is that the sort of trauma that Lori is talking about? Would she really 'get the message? If so, I'm guessing she would be alright with that???

What a moron.

Posted by: Tia2 ()
Date: June 16, 2008 04:17PM

Speaking of scare tactics - here's one for you.

Rumor has it that all of the auto makers are going to replace the air bags with machete's in an effort to make people drive slower and pay more attention to the other drivers around them. Their belief is that people will be more careful on the roads and highways with a 12" blade pointing at their neck....

OK - Just kidding....just a thought....

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.