HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Chantilly :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
"Bottom Dollar" store in Chantilly Shopping Plaza
Posted by: Margie ()
Date: October 07, 2006 04:59PM

Food Lion closed and reopened as "Bottom Dollar". I went in there last night and WHAT A JOKE!!!! I went thru the Check-out line, payed, and the cashier pushed the groceries to the bottom of the counter and started with the next customer. When I asked for a bag, he informed me I needed to buy them for 5 cents each. Then told me to get BACK IN LINE TO BUY THE BAGS!! At first I thought, "This has got to be CANDID CAMERA". But, then I realized he was for real! This store is the same Food Lion, just a new name. They don't hire people who speak english and they specialize in selling out dated products. The only difference is you have to BUY YOUR BAGS. Well, I won't be going there again.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: "Bottom Dollar" store in Chantilly Shopping Plaza
Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: October 08, 2006 04:55PM

There are still food lions that do not behave that way.

Posted by: Cary ()
Date: October 11, 2006 09:21PM

That "Bottom Dollar" grocery thing is ridiculous. They even boarded up the deli! Not that I ever bought deli meat from food lion anyway, but still, if it was already there...

Come onnnnnnnnnnn. I mean, I know Brookfield is kind of the ghetto of Chantilly, and there's the public housing right up the street, but it's not THAT trashy around here.

I want the old Pennsylvania Dutch Farmers Market back. Or hell, even the old Super Fresh would be better than what we have now.

Posted by: SE ()
Date: October 13, 2006 08:25PM

Yum. I could go for a cinnamon & sugar pretzel from one of those amish chicks right about now.

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: January 26, 2007 11:21PM

i liked the old food lion shopping carts that had 3 feet of space below the basket so it wsa actually possible to carry case of bottoled drinks down there. And the top part had a gat so you coould jsut slide your groceries out the front onto the checkout counter instead of having to lift them up. Bloom's over in Fair loakes got rid of them.

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: January 27, 2007 11:02PM

Bloom's sucks, but it did have one thing in it I never saw at food lion... namely customers. The place was fairly busy.

Date: January 28, 2007 11:29AM

Does anyone know what is going to open in the place Total Craft was?

Posted by: BeanersRUS ()
Date: January 29, 2007 11:18AM

"Does anyone know what is going to open in the place Total Craft was?"

A day labor site. it will have ample room out back for public urinating and disposal of Dos Equis and Corona bottles. You will also be able to barter blowjobs for green cards.

Posted by: Smilez ()
Date: February 18, 2007 05:31PM

that place is sketchy as shit. I remember when i was young me and my friends would ride bikes there at night and werent even touched in teh so called "ghetto" surrounding the shoppign center. But a few montsh ago some random black guy saw me coming out of Bottom Dollar and asked for a ride to herndon. and i told him i was in a hurry. SO i get on the phoen with a friend askin if we should get anything from bottom dollar. So this black mans white girlfriend grabs my phone and doesnt give it back. So the man is pounding on my windows tellin my sister and her friends to open up the door, but they didnt. So i told teh man to ask some random spanish dude for a ride and he did. So i eventually got my phone back nd was late to a party i was suppose to go to. All in all that shopping center was always sketchy, but this was the first time i was ever assualted by a black man, and ive been in DC and Baltimore by myself, and we all know chantilly and fairfax county isnt as bad as those city in crime and assualt rates

Date: May 08, 2007 01:47PM

An upscale "Dollar Tree" is opening in the space Total Craft use to be. It is scheduled to open in mid-June.

Posted by: Smilezisatard ()
Date: May 09, 2007 10:40AM

One time, getting on the blue bus.....

Posted by: bubba ()
Date: May 25, 2007 02:40PM

ya, but the beers cheap- bring your own bag stupid-or go to giant and buy baby pools and bird feeders.

Posted by: Mike_W ()
Date: May 31, 2007 08:24PM

THE BOTTOM DOLLAR IS CLOSING. THE PEOPLE WHO WORK THERE HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IS TAKING IT'S PLACE. ANYONE KNOW???

Posted by: transfer ()
Date: June 02, 2007 08:13AM

They claim that they were unable to re-negotiate their lease and that the landlord has exercised the termination of the lease. Surprising since that would probably be the second biggest money-maker besides the gas station there.

Posted by: ben ()
Date: June 06, 2007 05:30PM

Margie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Food Lion closed and reopened as "Bottom Dollar".
> I went in there last night and WHAT A JOKE!!!! I
> went thru the Check-out line, payed, and the
> cashier pushed the groceries to the bottom of the
> counter and started with the next customer. When I
> asked for a bag, he informed me I needed to buy
> them for 5 cents each. Then told me to get BACK IN
> LINE TO BUY THE BAGS!! At first I thought, "This
> has got to be CANDID CAMERA". But, then I realized
> he was for real! This store is the same Food Lion,
> just a new name. They don't hire people who speak
> english and they specialize in selling out dated
> products. The only difference is you have to BUY
> YOUR BAGS. Well, I won't be going there again.

Welcome to Europe! Where people take canvas bags to the store to avoid wasting (and paying for) plastic bags which will end up sitting in a landfill. Or a birds stomach.

Posted by: ?? ()
Date: July 09, 2007 07:35PM

BRING BACK THE FOOD LION!! best place to get beer while underage.

Date: July 19, 2007 08:20PM

A "Stein Mart" is going to open where the Bottom Dollar store was. Its merchandise includes current-season, brand-name fashion for women and men; accessories; home decor; linens; and shoes.

Posted by: hellothere ()
Date: July 25, 2007 12:40PM

I haven't been over that way in a while - did Dollar Tree open yet? Exciting news on Steinmart - is it true?

Date: July 25, 2007 08:15PM

hellothere Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I haven't been over that way in a while - did
> Dollar Tree open yet? Exciting news on Steinmart -
> is it true?

Yes the Dollar tree is open (It had a grand opening last Saturday)
And yes, a Steinmart is going to open where the Bottom Dollar store was. They have a signs in the window to hire construction workers (I know one guy that was hired at $14.00 per hour). No word as to when they will be opening.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.