HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Chantilly :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Currys Auto Service
Posted by: OH NO ()
Date: June 11, 2009 08:03PM

Called today Currys of Chantilly and ask for Rod. Currys lead European Tech. They said that he is no longer there. I ask is he is still with the Currys team and they said no. Can anyone confirm where he has moved to? Would like to follow.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Currys Auto Service
Posted by: Bill Wade ()
Date: June 11, 2009 08:57PM

NO WAY!! He was the best. That guy really knew his stuff. Always enjoyed talking with him. "MAN" Currys is screwed now. Please follow up and let us know where he is. Would really appreciate.

Posted by: That Sinks!!! ()
Date: June 11, 2009 09:22PM

WOW that really sucks!! Rod was instrumental in setting the high standards of diagnostics for Currys Auto Service. Have to agree with Bill they are SCREWED without that guy. Will try as well to confirm his where-abouts.

Posted by: S4owner ()
Date: June 11, 2009 10:20PM

That Sinks!!! Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> WOW that really sucks!! Rod was instrumental in
> setting the high standards of diagnostics for
> Currys Auto Service. Have to agree with Bill they
> are SCREWED without that guy. Will try as well to
> confirm his where-abouts.

I bought an S4 a few years ago and refused to take it to anyone but Curry's in Chantilly since Rod worked there and I trusted his work. The cost was a bit higher, but I knew I was getting quality service. About a year ago, I had some trouble trying to use a Curry's 'coupon card' on some stuff I had done, as well a small invalid charge on my ticket that was a supposed 'oversight'. After that, I really didn't get the feeling that the guys at the front wanted my car in their shop, so I stopped taking it there. Fortunately, Rod has recently moved to another shop near Gainesville (Ferris Automotive), so that's where I'll be taking my car from now on.

Posted by: another S4 owner ()
Date: June 16, 2009 10:03PM

Hey Jay and S4 owner and all others. Just to let you know that I FOUND HIM. S4 owner is correct. He is working with Ferris Automotive. Rod performed all my work on my Audi S4 and V.W. Jetta for years.Quality guy and fun to talk with. Does great work. Will contact Rod tomorrow and set my appointment for work. Hope others will follow.

Posted by: Good News!! ()
Date: June 16, 2009 10:26PM

Dude, Now that is very good news!! Same as for me. I called late last week (Check engine light on) and ask "My I speak with Rod". The asshole on the other end said he is no longer working there. Started off in hateful tone by asking what my name was and how they can help me. Just said NO THANKS and hung up on the fart bag. Do you have his number at Ferris Automotive?? or just google?? Thanks, Good News!!

Posted by: another S4 owner ()
Date: June 16, 2009 11:20PM

Good News, Yes I have his number now. (540) 347-9800. Yes you can google as well and see the web-site and address.

Posted by: hop ()
Date: June 18, 2009 08:26AM

shameless self promotion - i love it

Posted by: S4owner ()
Date: June 18, 2009 11:55PM

hop Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> shameless self promotion - i love it

Hey 'hop', most people use a name that a least somewhat identifies either them or the content of their post. So is 'hop' an acronym for 'High on Pecker'? Not that there's anything wrong with that, just trying to figure out why you used 'hop'.

Anyway, shameless self promotion would imply that at least some of these posts are from Rod himself. As far as I know, none of them are from Rod. Hell, one guy actually used a first and last name... but let's look at your accusation in depth, shall we?

One would need to self promote if one needed to get the word out about one's products and/or services. Since Rod has built a fairly substantial reputation for himself based solely on his work and not WHERE he worked, this begs the question: why would he need to self promote. I mean he's worked on a TON of cars in his career (which represents a ton of people), and I would venture a guess that the majority of those people were pleased with his work (I know I have been). If people were pleased with his work, then why is it unreasonable to assume that they would ask for him if they needed more work done? Moreover, why is it unreasonable to assume once a few people discovered that he was no longer at a given place, that they would try to find out where he went (assuming it wasn't too far away)? Furthermore, if he really wanted to self-promote, why would he pick a relatively small-traffic site like this? (no offense to the site, I find it useful) Seriously though, look at the stats: www.alexa.com/siteinfo/fairfaxunderground.com

There would be MUCH better venues to use to self-promote, if that in fact were the case.

Now that we've taken care of that aspect of your post, let's focus on WHY you felt the need to post something that is so illogical. First, we could assume that you're a pathetic pos who has nothing better to do, but even if that is the case, that would beg the question: what about this thread caused it to catch your eye? You were either directed here by an outside link/reference/phone call, or we have to assume that the subject 'Currys Auto Service' is what grabbed your attention. In either case, unless you have no life at all, you replied because you have some 'ill' feelings toward Rod, or you have ties to Curry's, or both. I could venture a guess on this, but I'll simply ask you.... which is it?

I think it's fairly evident that there's no self-promotion here. This is simply a few people (out of a million in this area), who happened to see this thread based on the subject, and are using it to try to find someone they want to work on their car.

You can leave now.

Posted by: Paul (Once Curry's Customer) ()
Date: June 21, 2009 07:56PM

How eliquently put. Nice slap down. I love it.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.