HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Chantilly :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Another Few Favorite Morning Commuters on 28
Posted by: erik ()
Date: April 26, 2005 07:50AM

To the bimbo in the Dodge Durango, with the laughable vanity license plate 4WD SUV.

Really? No fucking shit? I thought it should read DMB CNT.

-----

And to the super-patriot in the red chevy truck, which is:

-Painted in an embarrassing for everyone "Remember 9/11" scheme
-Has a huge "Lets Roll" sticker on the rear window
-Has red, white, and blue stripes on the side mirror fairings, which hilariously look like French flags (and you can probably guess this guy only eats Freedom Fries)

You look like a young buck, and there are plenty of places to enlist. Get to it!

-----

To the guy in the little Toyota, with seven(!) magnetic ribbons:

The terrorists don't hate our freedom, they hate fucktards like you! Because of douchebags like you, (in the words of David Cross) I hate our freedom!

Note: I do not actually hate our freedom

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2005 08:08AM by erik.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another Few Favorite Morning Commuters on 28
Posted by: pgens ()
Date: April 26, 2005 07:58AM

Those fucking magnets are so annoying... they are only respectable if the vehicle has a purple heart license plate on it too, or a "my son is in Iraq" bumper sticker. People think they are "doing their part" by sticking a fucking magnet on the car. It doesn't help out our guys over there and is so miniscule a gesture it's insulting. How about sending $25 worth of batteries and deoderant to a soldier? Go to this URL: http://anysoldier.com/index.cfm and mail something and rip those stupid foreign-made magnets off the Middle-East-Oil-Sucking SUV. It's mostly oil-sucking SUVs and trucks where you see those things.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2005 07:58AM by pgens.

Date: April 26, 2005 08:12AM

Good post - that's something that is actually useful. I'm going to visit that link today.

A lot of those ribbons are covert political messages, which makes them more despicable.

Posted by: kklare ()
Date: April 26, 2005 01:55PM

let's not forget the instant classic "support our troops and our president"

ummmmmmmmm no i don't put the two in the same category and resent the political b.s.

/brother is in the 75th ranger regiment
//take rte 28 every day, know those assholes too well

Posted by: rstidman ()
Date: April 26, 2005 02:50PM

Build your own mobile gun turret and kill the motherfuckers.

Nobody would notice in that hideous traffic.

Date: April 26, 2005 02:53PM

There's nothing worse than a magnetic ribbon turned sideways to look like a jesus fish.

Posted by: ben ()
Date: April 26, 2005 10:44PM

pgens Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Those fucking magnets are so annoying... they are
> only respectable if the vehicle has a purple heart
> license plate on it too, or a "my son is in Iraq"
> bumper sticker. People think they are "doing
> their part" by sticking a fucking magnet on the
> car. It doesn't help out our guys over there and
> is so miniscule a gesture it's insulting. How
> about sending $25 worth of batteries and deoderant
> to a soldier? Go to this URL: and mail something
> and rip those stupid foreign-made magnets off the
> Middle-East-Oil-Sucking SUV. It's mostly
> oil-sucking SUVs and trucks where you see those
> things.
>

My cousin is in Iraq, and our care packages full of candy, cookies, magazines, and lip balm are sitting by the front door. Please excuse our sun-faded "support our troops" ribbons.

Not everyone that has one on the back of their car is a total tool. I actually have a class mate that has a yellow ribbon tattooed on her wrist in support of her beau that's at war.

Sometimes people need symbols..

Date: April 27, 2005 04:05PM

Getting a tattoo is a little different than buying a $1, foreign-made magnet that says "Freedom is Never Free." Symbols are fine and I am glad you and I both send things to soldiers. I'd favor yellow magents that say "support my son" or "support my friend".

Posted by: ynot ()
Date: March 20, 2008 07:45PM

Just saw this stuff ...

If you send batteries to Iraq or any other soldier in the desert, they will explode. If you send deodorant, it will melt. Take some time and do some research maybe?

Also, they stopped that anysoldier business, as nice as it is. Try donating your time to wounded soldiers, or calling your closest military base and getting a hold of a Key Wives club to see how you can help.

Soldiers will always appreciate phone cards!

There is never anything wrong with displaying pride for your country and fallen brothers and sisters. How can you fault someone for that?

And no, I don't feel the need to explain why I came on here to answer to any of these posts.

Date: March 21, 2008 02:34PM

ynot Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> There is never anything wrong with displaying
> pride for your country and fallen brothers and
> sisters. How can you fault someone for that?

Displaying magnets is disingenuous when slapped onto a gas-guzzling vehicle that contributes to the reasons why our leaders seem to want to send our best and brightest to the Middle East to die. It's like putting "Fight Obesity!" bumper sticker on a McDonald's truck. It may be a display of pride in the opinion of the driver, but it is at first absurd and then offensive to those who have any sense.

> If you send batteries to Iraq or any other soldier
> in the desert, they will explode. If you send
> deodorant, it will melt. Take some time and do
> some research maybe?

I was pulling examples from a package I had just sent to the son of a coworker who was a soldier in Iraq and requested the items. You are full of shit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2008 02:36PM by pgens.

Posted by: Margie ()
Date: March 22, 2008 04:50PM

ynot Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
"If you send batteries to Iraq or any other soldier in the desert, they will explode. If you send deodorant, it will melt. Take some time and do some research maybe? "

pgens Wrote:
" I was pulling examples from a package I had just sent to the son of a coworker who was a soldier in Iraq and requested the items. You are full of shit."

ynot has no idea what he is talking about. Pgens is 100% correct!!!!
(I did the research, I spoke with my son who is currently serving in Iraq....No better source then that.)

Date: April 11, 2008 07:14PM

It's called EXPOSURE TO EXTREME DESERT HEAT people. My husband served two terms over there, my brother is over there, my friend's husband served as well.

No need to say I'm full of shit, though aren't we all at some point throughout the day. Healthy fiber diets and all .. :)

Posted by: To "ynot" ()
Date: April 11, 2008 10:52PM

It's called I'M BETTER THEN YOU ARE "ynot". My husband served three terms over there, my brother and sister are over there, ALL my friend's husbands served as well.

AND YOU ARE FULL OF SHIT!!!!

Posted by: cville ()
Date: April 14, 2008 01:51PM

To the douchebag driving the red civic sedan with tinted windows and that all important spoiler on your trunk...shove that piece of sh*t 4 banger up your arse. This isn't "The Fast and the Furious". You change lanes almost as much as your mom smokes c*ck.

Let me apologize in advance for all of the other commuters out there since we don't get out of your way quick enough so you can won't be late to your job of sucking the peanut and corn filled logs of shit out of those tasty porta-jonhs.

Don't forget to put a few more decals on your car. Two more and you should be able to get to 0-60 in under 10 seconds!

Date: April 28, 2008 04:35PM

Dear "To ynot":

It's time to get a grip. Beating up on another military wife in an open forum surely does your husband an injustice and you should be downright ashamed.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.