HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Prince William :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Manassas Town Center?
Posted by: Steve ()
Date: February 25, 2008 01:52AM

It has come to my attention that the land on Mathis Ave. between 234 and Liberia Ave. (with the exception of part of the Ford dealership) has been sold to a developer. For lack of an official name, this developer is building something similar to a town center. I have searched all over the internet, but my search criterion is not finding what I seek. Does anyone have any insight into this? My original source of this information is reliable, as he maintains a daily business relationship with Battlefield Ford.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Manassas Town Center?
Date: February 26, 2008 01:34AM

I did find information on the Manassas City website (manassascity.org). It is called the Mathis Ave. Sector Plan. It appears to be a long term project, but it will definitely revitalize the area. It is quite a bit of information to sift through, but if you have the time, it is a good read.

Posted by: SE ()
Date: February 26, 2008 12:23PM

I'm really glad they are going to revitalize that strip. It needs it bad. I just hope they don't get rid of Tommy's Restaurant :-) Their souvlaki is to die for =D

Date: February 26, 2008 04:10PM

As of now, with the exception of Battlefield Ford, its all slated to go.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.