HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Prince William :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
immigration and parking
Posted by: Steve ()
Date: September 03, 2007 02:22AM

I am a owner of a single family home in Manassas proper. My home most likely has the highest value in my neighborhood. I have been a bartender by profession for over eight years and am currently establishing an extremely high value and highly profitable business. I enjoy all of my neighbors and appreciate their efforts in maintaining the property values in the city.

Unfortunately, the city of Manassas has an issue with illegal immigration. I have no firsthand evidence of this other than the obvious overpopulation of homes within the city. I can speak of this evidence because I have an overabundance of vehicles parked in front of my home over the course of the night. There is a neighboring town house community that I am certain has overflow of automobile traffic. I have observed. First hand, individuals parking in front of my home and walking to this town home community. This does not identify them as illegal immigrants, however it does signify that there is a population that is not supported by the infrastructure.
I find it absurd when I come home at night; I am unable to park in front of the home that I have purchased. Instead, I must park across the street and down the road in order to walk a block’s distance to my home. The road affront to my home and my neighbors’ homes are riddled with traffic whose owner’s have no financial stake in the households among which they park their vehicles.
I am looking for a suggestion as a resolution to this issue.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: immigration and parking
Posted by: Bob James ()
Date: September 04, 2007 05:19PM

I have a solution, which I've seen in San Diego near SD State, which has students always looking for parking. The citizens who park in front of their homes, must display a parking permit with their home number. If another car is parked there, the car could be towed and the driver fined. Of course, you would have to get the neighbors to agree to this arrangement and perhaps petition your council representative. Signage would explain the rules. (For visitors you would have an extra parking permit). It worked like a charm in SD.

Re: immigration and parking
Posted by: Steve ()
Date: January 20, 2008 03:08AM

Please forgive my delay in response. I lived in SD when I was a child, so I cannot relate to your suggestion, however, I agree with your suggestion. Do the residents of SD have to pay for those parking passes, or is it something that is simply given to legal residents?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.