HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Prince William :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Just laugh
Posted by: Ben b con. ()
Date: September 12, 2017 01:12AM

Don’t Feed The Trolls

The reason we respond to negative comments is the same reason a troll does what they do: ego. When someone unknown comes at us, it’s part of our human nature to defend ourselves. A part of us doesn’t want to stay silent, because we think silence means surrendering, and surrendering means losing. That’s just a bad philosophy.

After years of dealing with this kind of behavior, both in a virtual reality and in the comment sections of an article, the harsh reality is this: You will never beat a troll. You will never change a troll’s mind. You may delude yourself into thinking that you proved them wrong, however, never in my years of dealing with trolls have I seen a troll lay down his or her arms and say, “You know what, you’re right. I was so wrong.”

I have never seen a troll lay down his or her arms and say, “You know what, you’re right. I was so wrong.”
Indeed, blowing off steam after dealing with a troll is our first reaction. It’s like driving: someone cuts you off, you feel disrespected, so you drive up next to the person’s window so you can see what they look like, or you flash some hand gestures to let them know that they aren’t getting away with it. What makes this practice of not responding to trolls so difficult is that many of us are naturally inclined to react to our impulses. It’s so much easier to respond than it is to hold back.

When I trolled other gamers with words—harsh words—many times they would ignore me. Because hindsight is 20/20, I remember being bothered by that. “Why won’t they defend themselves? Entertain me!” The ones who ignored me, and even better, put me on their “Ignore List” so that they couldn’t receive my messages, were the ones who understood this principle.

Use foresight

So a troll is attacking you. Ask yourself: If I respond to this troll, what will likely be the outcome? This requires us to pause and take a breath. We need to be mindful of what we’re telling ourselves after reading something that attacks our ego. What are we feeling and why? Are we angry because the troll’s comment contains validity? Have you seen this scenario before in other settings? These small shifts in our perception should influence us to not feed the trolls, to realize that any attempt to change a troll’s mind is an exercise of futility.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Just laugh
Posted by: Everyone knows ()
Date: September 12, 2017 01:23AM

They r so sad in their own lives it gives them pleasure to bring others down. It somehow makes them less miserable to harass and spread lies . Nothing they say is true and everyone knows this , only trolls go on this website sweety .

Ben you're smarter than this hun. I've worked with you for years

They do this to everyone and get a rise when you answer back. They are so bored it's the only thing they look forward too in their eventless lives :) smile at them thank them for their comical threads and move on. No one believes anything they say anyways babe.

Posted by: Oh ()
Date: September 12, 2017 01:29AM

You know they only come on here because if they were to say this shit out loud or in person they know they'd get their ass kicked. They are powerless and weak. And they know this.
Haters trolls cowards pussies bitches alllll the same thing here
And no matter what they are always jealous of you . No matter what they say you're a good person . I know you, you know you, keep doing u.

Posted by: sometimes they are right ()
Date: September 12, 2017 08:27AM

Sometimes everything these "trolls" say is correct.

Posted by: Ben B Fucked ()
Date: September 12, 2017 01:27PM

I'm betting this is the Ben Benita who is being called out in the "Men to stay away from" thread.

Sorry, but I believe the women on this one. Ben, you are a LOSER!

Posted by: rn ()
Date: September 12, 2017 02:48PM

Ben B Fucked Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm betting this is the Ben Benita who is being
> called out in the "Men to stay away from" thread.
>
> Sorry, but I believe the women on this one. Ben,
> you are a LOSER!

Do you know him?

Posted by: Who's this guy ()
Date: September 14, 2017 04:31AM

Ben b is my nigga! Work out buds back in the day and he was stole Don't be mad he Broke up with u and is doin better girl

Posted by: wha? ()
Date: September 14, 2017 06:56AM

Who's this guy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ben b is my nigga! Work out buds back in the day
> and he was stole Don't be mad he Broke up with u
> and is doin better girl

What do you mean "he was stole?" Are you saying he stole something? Or someone stole him?

Posted by: $35 ()
Date: September 14, 2017 06:16PM

Did he "stole" $35?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.