HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Prince William :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Spin out on Prince William Parkway, lost bed of truck
Posted by: Evan ()
Date: July 17, 2006 09:20PM

I was going 55 in pouring rain on PwPkwy, and switched lanes slowly, than spun sideways, so i was looking to the left out the window, than after 8 seconds, slowed down to a stop, looked around, and kept a'goin. Diddnt cause any other accsedents, but when i got to my friends, i noticed i dont have the bed liner, If any 1 has seen 1 laying around in a yard sale or something, its probly mine

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Spin out on Prince William Parkway, lost bed of truck
Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: July 19, 2006 09:20PM

Ain't shit you can do about it legally. Anyone coming across that item has a 100% bulletproof defense for abandonment. You got into an accident and didn't get out to inspect the vehicle. Contents thrown from it are abandoned the minute you drive away. If those things damaged any property not belonging to you then technically it is hit and run, but don't read into it like that, I'm just saying possibilities.

Of course, it is much more likely a road trash crew got it, or that it is sitting in the woods off the road where you spun. Did you actually go and look for it?

But it can't hurt to ask people to be on the look out, maybe you should specifically describe the thing, like what truck it is for.

Posted by: evan ()
Date: July 20, 2006 11:16PM

Its a 97 Ford Ranger Black Bed, i was going to a friends house, spun out, than looked around, put it back in first gear, diddnt think to get out, i was on the parkway, which had people comming, but not close, i looked around to see if any other cars stopped or got hit, than kept going, got to my friends, got out of the car, looked back, saw no bed of truck, went directly the route i took earlyer, than looked up and down the street about 10 times, from the point i spun out til the point i went back to look was about 30 minutes.

Posted by: evan ()
Date: July 20, 2006 11:19PM

i spun out on the road, never touched the sides, stay'd sideways in the 2 lanes, there was no brush it could have fallen into, i think somebody stole it, just sold it in a yard sale or took it for some shelter or for them self i put up 4 signs, but they were 9x11 paper size, nothing huge- if some 1 wanted to give it back, id think they would look for a sign along the part they picked it up from. - ill buy a new 1

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: July 22, 2006 02:55AM

Those spray-on liners are fucking awesome

Totally worth the extra dough if you love your truck.

Posted by: Evan ()
Date: August 31, 2006 12:08PM

Its a small truck, id rather spend money on a good truck :)
I hate having the ranger, its the size of the chevy's J10? S10 ? z10? i cant remember

Posted by: AJ ()
Date: August 10, 2010 12:05AM

just put a Cosworth DFX in your ranger, beats the hell out of a spray-on liner

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.