HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Prince William :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
No Safeway in Manassas
Posted by: tacotaco ()
Date: May 10, 2014 09:12PM

Why are there no Safeway stores in Manassas? Puzzled. Every town around it has at least one, but not Manassas?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: No Safeway in Manassas
Posted by: Shoppers ()
Date: May 12, 2014 04:08PM

Because Mexicans prefer Shoppers.

Posted by: tammybelco ()
Date: May 12, 2014 06:57PM

Safeway is soooooo frickin overpriced the mexicans won't shop there. And, they don't have any good hot peppers, another reason.

Posted by: Robert ()
Date: May 17, 2014 01:21PM

There used to be three Safeways in Manassas. The one in Georgetown South went out to do the high crime rate of that location. I don't know why the other two closed.

Posted by: Don't come here. ()
Date: May 27, 2014 12:04PM

We've got a Safeway in Braemar, but I hope you fat Manassas pigs with your ugly mulatto children don't come here.

Posted by: SuffolkVa ()
Date: May 31, 2014 03:18PM

SUFFOLK VIRGINIA IS BETTER! SHOUTOUT TO HAMPTON ROADS & RICHMOND AREA!

Posted by: Great! Here come the inbreds... ()
Date: June 01, 2014 10:17AM

Eat shit, Suffolk.

We'd better not see you fetal alcohol faced weirdos coming around our Safeway, either!

Posted by: Hungry4Pizza ()
Date: August 06, 2014 03:51PM

I'm still irritated that the closest Safeway store is in Bristow (Yes, I am the OP tacotaco, just changed name and created new account). Why does Safeway see Manassas as a chance to skip out on a boatload of awesomeness?

This is injustice, just like the absence of Sonic, Hobby Lobby, and Kroger in the whole D.C. area and the lack of Sheetz up in Fairfax.

Robert Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There used to be three Safeways in Manassas. The
> one in Georgetown South went out to do the high
> crime rate of that location. I don't know why the
> other two closed.

Wow, nice fact. Anyway, where were the other two, and when did all of them close? Just use your best guess (if you ever will reply) and if you don't know anything but what you mentioned, then fine.

Putting that aside, I think these would be good Safeway locations for Manassas:

: Parkridge Center (where RoomStore and Borders were, could go in either one)
: Yorkshire Shopping Plaza (where the famous Yorkshire Restaurant and Smokey Shoppe are, should be demo'ed and reconstructed into a modern shopping plaza with Safeway in it)
: Somewhere in Manassas Park
and best of all...
: Manassas Junction Shopping Center (former Giant)

Posted by: YoBallerz ()
Date: August 06, 2014 07:38PM

What is so good about Safeway? the one in Braemar sux. It's overpriced, dark, dingy and takes forever to check out. I hate that place.

Posted by: Head to Harris Teeter ()
Date: August 06, 2014 08:32PM

YoBallerz Wrote:
> What is so good about Safeway? the one in Braemar
> sux. It's overpriced, dark, dingy and takes
> forever to check out. I hate that place.

There's a cashier there - looks middle Eastern, dark hair. Used to be really hot but has turned into a fat pig over the past few years. And by how long she's been there you can tell what her ambitions in life amount to. If you see her, tell her I said "Moo!"

Posted by: Been There, So I Did That ()
Date: August 07, 2014 11:21AM

I saw who you're talking about and told her about the post. She laughed and said she thinks it's funny. Fat chicks should all be so jolly!

Posted by: xIrishx ()
Date: August 18, 2014 09:41PM

Seriously F*** Safeway... I would prefer canning a few of the sad nasty Food Lions.

Why the Coles District has to suffer the Woodbine Food Lion is beyond me.... that whole sad 80s strip needs a facelift... Harris Teeter, coffee shop, panera, etc etc

Posted by: Hungry4PizzaOffline ()
Date: August 20, 2014 06:05PM

Shoppers Wrote:
> Because Mexicans prefer Shoppers.

To you and Tammy Belco... There are Hispanic people everywhere in NoVA. Just look and see that Manassas isn't the only one plagued with them... You see cities with them everywhere here on FFXU.

And guess what? They do have Safeways.

Unrelated: Harris Teeter should stop with their Eastern Loudoun (Ashburn, eastern Leesburg, South Riding, Stone Ridge, Brambleton etc.) grocery monopoly. Seriously, EVERY new shopping/town center thing has to have HT in it, but they are so freaking expensive. But they only have one Shoppers, and that is one up in Leesburg, which looks like meh. So please, open one in Stone Ridge, eh?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.