HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Prince William :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Tent community behind best western hotel
Posted by: Crazyish ()
Date: August 11, 2013 10:56PM

Today behind the shopping center where hard times cafe is and Everest college we saw a huge homeless tent community. It's right behind the best western hotel off the 95 ramp. Must've been about 50 tents or more. Anyone else seen this? They are literally living in the woods there right off the highway.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tent community behind best western hotel
Posted by: BEH ()
Date: August 12, 2013 08:16AM

Sounds like an e coli epidemic waiting to happen.

Posted by: 0tter ()
Date: August 12, 2013 12:22PM

Could it be the boy scouts?

Posted by: Tracy ()
Date: August 13, 2013 10:06AM

The tent community has been there for at least 2 years. There is also one behind Best Buy. They are in that location due to the close proximity to the winter shelter which is only open from Nov.1st - April 1st. from 6pm -6am. During the warmer months, the shelter is open for 2 hours in the morning for people to take showers and different organizations bring food to the shelter parking lot for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I would not advise you to go down there by yourself...you should go to the shelter to talk to the people before going down to their tents.

Posted by: svennestle ()
Date: August 17, 2013 05:38PM

1) why should he not be able to knock? not that i care or advise him to. but you can't excuse them for not being civil, if they are not kick them out.

2) what shelter? i called shelters in the area. they all say they are full. full of who though? people from d.c. or people who don't really require aid i wonder ?

am am looking for work and a place to live a long time now, also to escape abuse, and am disabled and getting pissed off and have only gotten stalked by the county with false accusations and false billing.

i better not hear my spot has been traded by certain profiting county workers for cheaper yard work and other free bees. i'd sue (that's a lie kinda, i already have)

Posted by: svennestle ()
Date: August 17, 2013 05:39PM

but really. tell which "shelter" we are referring to.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.