HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Prince William :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
moving to manassas soon, what to expect?
Posted by: vapreneur ()
Date: August 05, 2008 03:22AM

hey i just bought a foreclosure near the corner of parkland st. and old centreville rd.

how is this area?

the corner looks madd run down and latino'd out

hows the rental market in manassas?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: moving to manassas soon, what to expect?
Posted by: Renter Helper ()
Date: August 05, 2008 05:57PM

The rent is great! $3000.00 a month for a 3 level town house.
You will make tons of money. Just find 3 or 4 illegal hispanics who will take one house and live in it, turn it into a shithole after the contract is out.
Why in the hell did you not do your research before you bought the foreclosure - are you a dummy or dumbass?

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: August 06, 2008 11:15AM

You IDIOT!

Posted by: Manassas Resident ()
Date: August 07, 2008 02:11PM

vapreneur Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> hey i just bought a foreclosure near the corner of
> parkland st. and old centreville rd.
>
> how is this area?
>
> the corner looks madd run down and latino'd out
>
> hows the rental market in manassas?

Well, considering the county and city will go after you now if you rent to undocumented immigrants, it's pretty crappy. Hope you can manage the carrying costs for a few years until the market turns around.

Date: August 11, 2008 03:22AM

wow its amazing how many ppl hate and bash on manassas. its really not that bad of an area. i think there's just a lot of rich, white, bitter racist ppl on these forums

im not planning to rent to any illegals. more like college students and employed professionals

maybe your upset because you lost the equity on your house and the house across the street is being bought by ppl like me at a 50% discount

also why wouldnt you want to shop for a foreclosure in this market? i guess none of you own any real estate or are aware of the what prices are going for right now

Date: August 11, 2008 03:25AM

oh yeah, and rentometer.com is pretty accurate for you ignorant people out there who are clueless to investing or real estate

Posted by: SE ()
Date: August 13, 2008 08:39AM

vapreneur Wrote:
>
> im not planning to rent to any illegals. more like
> college students and employed professionals
>
AHHAHAHHAHAHA GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

>
> also why wouldnt you want to shop for a
> foreclosure in this market? i guess none of you
> own any real estate or are aware of the what
> prices are going for right now

I think anyone in their right mind as an educated investor would stay out of that shitty part of Manassas. Let me know once you find a college student or professional to rent!!

Posted by: OMG ()
Date: August 15, 2008 05:12PM

vapreneur,

I'm in Manassas and my little 3 block radius isn't bad. I do find empty malt liquor bottles in my front yard or in my trash can now and then. Seems like every week I have the police or fire trucks appearing because of 1 of my various neighbors.

Basically, I feel for you. Sure you probably got a great deal. But in this area some blocks are good, some blocks are down right shitty with couches and trash sitting in front yards.

Whoever brought it up - It's not a race thing. Trust me, I've seen trashy white, latino, and black people around Manassas. It's equal opportunity, if it's anything.

Common theory is that most college and professionals are living in Fairfax or further down around the Bull Run shopping plaza. Living off Centreville is no great. You're either right next to strip malls, fast food joints, or people trudging to and from the bus stops.

Posted by: OMG ()
Date: August 15, 2008 05:27PM

BTW, as far as rental prices go. I rent fr $1100/mo for a 3 bed/2 bath, and I'm in a pretty nice area. I go to the post office off Old Centreville Rd often & have to be honest. I'm not sure what you could ask for a rental there, but $1000 seems like the tee-total max. Finding people to actually rent it is going to be a whole other story. There are 2 empty townhouses right next to me and 3 empties across the street. I've not seen them tour any of the homes lately despite the price.

Good luck.

Date: August 17, 2008 07:44AM

vapreneur Wrote:
> wow its amazing how many ppl hate and bash on
> manassas. its really not that bad of an area. i
> think there's just a lot of rich, white, bitter
> racist ppl on these forums

I live in Wellington and overall I like Manassas. I'm not happy about the property values going down. But I'm not blaming the Hispanics. Property values were great when the Hispanics were moving in, but have dropped the most of any county in the State of Virginia since PWC passed its ridiculous ordinance.

>

College students? Let's see...George Mason PWC is a commuter campus. Most people who go there aren't from out of state looking for a place to live. As for employed professionals, why wouldn't they just buy a home if prices are so good?

>
> maybe your upset because you lost the equity on
> your house and the house across the street is
> being bought by ppl like me at a 50% discount

While I think it makes sense to buy now, I think a lot of people - probably like you - are under-capitalized, buying several homes they really can't afford with the hope they can keep them all rented for enough to cover their costs, which I don't believe is going to happen since I see a lot of vacant rentals in Manassas.

>

I agree this is a good time to buy. If I could sell the house I am in, I probably would. However, I'm not going to over-leverage myself to do it.

Date: August 17, 2008 07:48AM

vapreneur Wrote:
> oh yeah, and rentometer.com is pretty accurate for
> you ignorant people out there who are clueless to
> investing or real estate

I just looked up what my house would rent for. I bought my house in 2000 and have a 5.5% interest rate. My house payment is very low, probably much lower than what you would have buying in the low $300K range. I looked at rentometer.com and can expect to clear $150 a month. Seems to me like that is a pretty thin margin to carry on several houses for two or three years. All you would need is one house to go unrented for a couple of months to eat up all of your "profit."

Date: August 18, 2008 06:12PM

look im going to be living in the house too. im not just getting it as an investment/rental property. i plan on living there for at least 3 - 5 years. i already own a house in fairfax

Date: August 18, 2008 06:27PM

its just so funny how many haters and scared investors exist on these forums. the truth of the matter is, most of you people don't own shit and have no balls to put your money down, whether its stocks, business or real estate.

im getting a house at a steal/bargain (6 year low) but everyone on this site seems to think that is illogical or abnormal. lol rofl

i make a lot of money, i have a lot of money saved up, and i can afford to buy 3 houses if i wanted to and make the payments for 3 years on time. i think thats what really upsets a lot of users on this forum. that now is the best time to buy and they don't have the $ or credit to buy.

cuz the majority of people bought homes in 2005 - 2007 and got raped. now you fools are stuck with negative equity. me and other investors now are going to come in the market now, get these 2nd or 3rd homes, and help prop up the RE market.

the IRS is giving a $7500 tax credit to all new homebuyers from now until july 2009. wake up people, now is the best time to buy. the government is offering more incentives now to buy.

Posted by: twinkie ()
Date: August 30, 2008 05:38PM

Dude, you are just so full of shit it's coming out of your ears. Usually the ones who BRAG about how much money they have are the ones who don't have a pot to piss in. Go on with your bad self and keep insulting everyone. The only person you are fooling is your self.

Posted by: lmao ()
Date: September 24, 2008 01:25PM

Man, are you fucked!!! LOL

vapreneur Wrote:
> hey i just bought a foreclosure near the corner of
> parkland st. and old centreville rd.
>
> how is this area?
>
> the corner looks madd run down and latino'd out
>
> hows the rental market in manassas?

Posted by: nicetry ()
Date: September 24, 2008 01:31PM

You're not the only real estate genius (no pun intended) around here. I'm sure other people on this forum ARE aware of the market, and have or probably will take advantage. I spent MONTHS looking for a place in fairfax county. Even there, I was selective. I could've easily bought a place in Manassas for half the price I paid for a townhouse, but I chose to wait.

I lived in manassas, a few years ago, and you couldn't pay me enough to be part of that shithole. There should be a fence surrounding manassas, to keep ffx county a bit safer and maybe cleaner. LOL

Oh, and I'm not white.

vapreneur Wrote:
> wow its amazing how many ppl hate and bash on
> manassas. its really not that bad of an area. i
> think there's just a lot of rich, white, bitter
> racist ppl on these forums
>
>
> maybe your upset because you lost the equity on
> your house and the house across the street is
> being bought by ppl like me at a 50% discount
>

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: September 24, 2008 02:31PM

vapreneur hasn't been postng lately. I'll bet his computer go repo'd when he foreclosed on his "fantastic" real estate.

Posted by: yourright ()
Date: September 25, 2008 07:57AM

LOL

496 Wrote:
> vapreneur hasn't been postng lately. I'll bet his
> computer go repo'd when he foreclosed on his
> "fantastic" real estate.

Posted by: No bullshit ()
Date: January 02, 2009 08:41PM

3 BR 2 BA SFH...excellent tenant--professional and prompt payer. Currently 1400.00 a month but will lower to keep him in the place. House is right across the street from a great school. Yes, CITY OF MANASSAS!

Posted by: InsideGuy ()
Date: January 09, 2009 11:35AM

vapreneur Wrote:
> its just so funny how many haters and scared
> investors exist on these forums. the truth of the
> matter is, most of you people don't own shit and
> have no balls to put your money down, whether its
> stocks, business or real estate.

I really don't think that folks have no balls as you state. There are just folks whom are obviously smarter and more educated than you are. Buy up all of Manassas, I support you!

> im getting a house at a steal/bargain (6 year low)
> but everyone on this site seems to think that is
> illogical or abnormal. lol rofl

Buy! Buy! Buy! The folks think you are an idiot because there are better places to invest! Have you looked at the state of the Prince William County Government?

> i make a lot of money, i have a lot of money saved
> up, and i can afford to buy 3 houses if i wanted
> to and make the payments for 3 years on time. i
> think thats what really upsets a lot of users on
> this forum. that now is the best time to buy and
> they don't have the $ or credit to buy.

If you really made all the money you say you do than you would'nt be investing anywhere in Prince William County. Try Loudoun County?

> cuz the majority of people bought homes in 2005 -
> 2007 and got raped. now you fools are stuck with
> negative equity. me and other investors now are
> going to come in the market now, get these 2nd or
> 3rd homes, and help prop up the RE market.

Keep on laughing because you will be the next fool for you PWC investment plan.

> the IRS is giving a $7500 tax credit to all new
> homebuyers from now until july 2009. wake up
> people, now is the best time to buy. the
> government is offering more incentives now to buy.

This is true but you are still an idiot for bashing people that are actually giving you some sound advice.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.