HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Prince William :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Wellington HOA major shortcomings
Posted by: Twilly ()
Date: July 05, 2008 05:17PM

Just wondering if any other Manassas City residents have complaints about the Wellington HOA. Seems that if you complain about them on the Neighborhood Watch site they have set up, the HOA gets their little feelings hurt and threatens to boot you off the site.
I've tried, on numerous occasions, to contact the board via email, only to be totally ignored.
Like stories and hopefully a thread will develop here, and maybe we can impose upon one of their quasi-closed door meetings.
HOA Nazi's that they are, seems this is the perfect place to start some changes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wellington HOA major shortcomings
Posted by: Manassas Resident ()
Date: July 08, 2008 06:48PM

Twilly Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just wondering if any other Manassas City
> residents have complaints about the Wellington
> HOA. Seems that if you complain about them on the
> Neighborhood Watch site they have set up, the HOA
> gets their little feelings hurt and threatens to
> boot you off the site.
> I've tried, on numerous occasions, to contact the
> board via email, only to be totally ignored.
> Like stories and hopefully a thread will develop
> here, and maybe we can impose upon one of their
> quasi-closed door meetings.
> HOA Nazi's that they are, seems this is the
> perfect place to start some changes.

I think the Wellington HOA has gotten very lax, if anything. The management company they hired a couple of years ago is horrible. I've had some neighbors that have been cited by HOA, but it wasn't anything draconian. You just need to compare the overgrown, car-strewn lawns in Clover Hill to see that having a HOA does make a difference, even if you aren't happy with it 100% of the time.

Posted by: pdksh ()
Date: July 11, 2008 04:30PM

I am not particularly fond of the Wellington HOA myself. I have been a resident here for a number of years. The HOA fees that we pay are higher than average HOA fees from other neighborhoods where I've asked people. Yet, the only major project I see that they've done was to renovate the community center.

The streets and parking lots have not been cleaned and/or power washed in years. They need repainting badly. The recreational facilities apart from the community center suffer from neglect including tennis courts, ponds, and walking trails in the community.

I've been to a couple of the meetings and have read through several meeting notes from those meetings. The meetings I have attended have been very much one sided and authoritarian in nature. The president seemed to have a real bad attitude towards people and would force his hand to make people addressing the HOA board to stop talking.

Date: July 13, 2008 01:35PM

The HOA has done some good things. They have replaced all of the playground equipment along the trail. They needed to do this because the old equipment was made with old pressure-treated wood that was leeching arsenic. They also do a decent job of maintaining the greenways.

However, ever since the HOA changed management companies a few years ago, it seems like the level of service has declined. When we first moved to Wellington, there was a regular security patrol paid for by the HOA. Also, they had the shuttle service that would take you to the VRE and they would bring in their own plows to plow the streets when the city was lagging behind. Also, the 4th of July, Easter, Christmas events were terrific. Now they just suck...when they even bother to have them. And let's not get into the clubhouse fiasco this year.

I just wish they would go back to the old management company. I have spoken with some people and they said the HOA decided to change just to change...no real savings, etc.

Posted by: Pinktoes ()
Date: July 28, 2008 08:28PM

I'm glad they got rid of the on site management people they had on the payroll last year. To be very specific there was one lady who was just an absolute B-I-T-C-H!!! She let her job responsibilities go straight to her head and was rude and mean to most of residents. She acted like she was superior over all the Wellington residents. I heard that she lived in a TH at Wellington but I haven't seen the witch since they let them go. Good riddance!!!!

Date: July 29, 2008 01:53PM

Pinktoes Wrote:
> I'm glad they got rid of the on site management
> people they had on the payroll last year. To be
> very specific there was one lady who was just an
> absolute B-I-T-C-H!!! She let her job
> responsibilities go straight to her head and was
> rude and mean to most of residents. She acted
> like she was superior over all the Wellington
> residents. I heard that she lived in a TH at
> Wellington but I haven't seen the witch since they
> let them go. Good riddance!!!!

I think the management company is the same. They just changed staff.

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: July 30, 2008 01:24PM

Wellington should be cordoned off and bombed.

Posted by: Hate 496 ()
Date: August 03, 2008 05:20PM

No Dude, you should be bombed.

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: August 06, 2008 11:18AM

This just in. 496 does not care. Drop the bomb.

Date: August 07, 2008 02:09PM

496 Wrote:
> Wellington should be cordoned off and bombed.

This would certainly resolve any issues with the HOA.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.