HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Arlington :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Fight Against New Homeless Shelter on 2020 14th Street North, Arlington, VA
Posted by: Courthouse Metro and Arlington Home Owners!!!! ()
Date: December 02, 2011 02:39PM

All, please come support the opposition of locating a new homeless shelter in downtown Courthouse. The city, among other things, seeks to build a homeless shelter on prime real estate which would have an adverse effect on property value in Arlington.

There is a board meeting on 13 December 2011 at 1830 and we need to show the number of people against this shelter being placed in Courthouse. Please come help us support this cause and wear a black shirt. We will all sit together. The meeting is held at 2100 Clarendon Blvd, Arlington, VA.

Read below article:
http://washingtonexaminer.com/local/dc/2011/11/arlington-eyeing-high-rise-homeless-shelter

We need to stand together to reject zoning and Eminent Domain in Arlington. We need to fight to keep our city safe and clean!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fight Against New Homeless Shelter on 2020 14th Street North, Arlington, VA
Posted by: Dan Vargas ()
Date: December 03, 2011 01:24AM

I will be there. Black shirt and all!!!

Posted by: Art Yip ()
Date: December 03, 2011 01:28AM

Yeah I don't own a condo there, but I was looking to buy in your area and I think this proposed idea would make me want to change my find about purchasing here. Also, do you know where I can purchase a black shirt?

Posted by: Gregory Huger ()
Date: December 03, 2011 01:32AM

Mr. Yip,

You can find black shirts at American Eagle, the Gap, Express for Men, and the Burlington Coat Factory. I hope this helps.

Posted by: Art Yip ()
Date: December 03, 2011 01:33AM

Thanks Greg. That really helps.

Posted by: Amanda Miller ()
Date: December 03, 2011 01:38AM

Hey guys count me in. My sister owns property near here and I know she would be upset if a homeless shelter would be built near her place. I'll make cupcakes and brownies for everyone to enjoy as well :) Any recommendations?

Posted by: Greg Huger ()
Date: December 03, 2011 01:40AM

Great idea Amanda! Christmas themed cupcakes would be appreciated. Thank you!

Posted by: David Padilla ()
Date: December 03, 2011 01:47AM

hey guys I wanna show my support too... after we protest this issue, you guys wanna head to the marina and protest dolphin hunting as well? we have to take a stand on this or dolphins may be extinct by 2020. i would appreciate all of your support!

Posted by: Trevor Burquest ()
Date: December 03, 2011 01:47AM

I tried finding a black shirt to no avail. Also, I live in Rancho Cucamunga and have never been to this part of the country, but I think a homeless shelter is just what every hood needs. There's something special about random vagrants hanging out on your street.

Can anyone assist with the black shirt? I'm really having a hard time here. Also, how much would a plane ticket to Arlington cost? Is there an age restriction on the meeting?

I am also out of work; can you send me the Arlington classified ads?

Posted by: Greg Huger ()
Date: December 03, 2011 01:53AM

Dear Trevor,

As I mentioned in my previous post you can find a black shirt at American Eagle, the Gap, Express for Men and the Burlington Coat Factory. Also, I happen to be the manager of a temp hiring agency and in the spirit of Christmas I would love to help you out. We must always ask ourselves, "What would Jesus do?" Please check out our temp agency at manpower.com, or shoot me your resume. All the best.

Greg

Posted by: David Padilla ()
Date: December 03, 2011 01:59AM

Hey Amanda if you need any help with the Christmas themed snacks I went to culinary school in the South of France and I know a thing or two about baking. If you need any help just holler!

Posted by: trevor ()
Date: December 03, 2011 02:01AM

Thanks Greg-
WWJD? Good question sir. I think he would support the vagrants. He does love everybody....

Can i just post my resume on the forum? Here's a preview:

OBJECTIVE: To find work and feed my family.
EXPERIENCE: Currently Security Guard Sgt with Wackenhut. Professional Mixed Martial Arts Fighter. 2 years in Telphone Repair.
EDUCATION: Graduated 10th grade. Certified as a city planner. Qualified by the Pawnee City Government to conduct audits.
HOPES AND DREAMS: I hope to move to an area in virginia that is friendly to vagrants.

let me know if this works...

Caveat: Are there plenty of places to have your oil changed in Arlington? i have 4 cars and this is really important.

Posted by: Carmen Esperanza-Noches-Gato-Burquest ()
Date: December 03, 2011 07:43AM

As Trevor's wife, I can attest to his skill in Martial Arts, telephone repair, and the fact that he is an awesome Wackenhut Security Guard.

When he worked for the Pawnee City Govt with Mr Tom Haverford, he recieved several acolades and certificates of acheivement.

Please consider him for this position.

Posted by: ifyouvotelibshit ()
Date: December 11, 2011 01:44PM

You libtards deserve what you get when you vote for libtards.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.