HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Arlington :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
What is the weird looking shanty town structure on Carlin Springs road by the ManorCare??????
Posted by: Eliz Jane ()
Date: April 13, 2011 12:13AM

Ok what in the world is going on down on Carlin Springs road with that giant stick structure?? How long has it been there/what is iit used for? I just moved to this area from the west coast...I can't figure out what it is and its been driving me crazy. Ha help!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is the weird looking shanty town structure on Carlin Springs road by the ManorCare??????
Posted by: Rafael Flamachio ()
Date: April 14, 2011 10:09AM

Eliz,

You are stupid for thinking that the Shanty Town next to the ManorCare is anything but that, A SHANTY TOWN! You have a small woman brain!

I drove by there one time, and saw two homeless males spinning pottery on a pedal driven pottery wheel. They looked happy, but, they were such hobo's. I also saw someone sleeping underneath a blanket made out of newspapers too.

This Shanty Town must be a collaborative effort between the arts and craft hippies and hobo's of Arlington. DON"T LET YOUR KIDS GO NEAR HERE! THE SMELL ALONE CAN KILL A FULL GROWN MASTODON WITH ONE WIF!

Try to be less retarded when seeking answers on this forum.

Re: What is the weird looking shanty town structure on Carlin Springs road by the ManorCare??????
Posted by: Commodore Stephen Friendless ()
Date: April 14, 2011 11:47AM

Eliz,

Agreed, you are clearly an idiot. If it looks like a repository for Northern Virginia's vagabonds and justifiably derelict one-time children then it likely is.

Just because McMansions abound doesn't mean there aren't any homeless.

Think about it: what do you think happens to the innumerable swarms of entitled upper-middle class kids? They can't all piss away their parent's credit failing out of college. So they go here, disguising themselves as hippies to shelter themselves from the fact that they are, indeed, homeless.

And as for the others (those who piss away their parent's credit in one way or another), they come here after inevitably burning every bridge they had built for them in the first place.

Sad world, really.

Posted by: Concerned Mother of 7 ()
Date: April 26, 2011 09:24AM

What I'm concerned with is the biased, derogatory, and cruel posts that are on this specific forum. A kind woman obviously had an honest question she had no answer to, and her outreach to the online community ended in public humiliation.

These forums have become a safe haven for those pigs who find it necessary to destroy a forum and its sanctity.

Before Pappy past away, he lived in the Manor Care in Arlington and the thing you call a "Shanty Town," is really a recreational garden that allows the dementia Stockholm Syndrome ridden sacks of bones a place to escape for 30 minutes or so.

They can only earn this sort of privileged activity if they eat all of there broccoli and knit one whole quilt by hand in a designated time frame.

The goal of the administration at Manor Care is to send the old people down to the side of the hill and hopefully get attacked by one of the Shanty Town bums.

They are known to wield knives and sharpened sticks (Spear) to ward off intruders.

Pappy had made friends with a squatter named Phillip, which unfortunately led to his passing from a serious case of syphilitic anal expulsion.

I caution the citizens of Arlington to petition this Shanty Town and join the fight against syphilis in elderly hobo rape victims.

R.I.P Boueregard DanShivlings -- Your rape will not be forgotten

Posted by: Another concerned mother ()
Date: April 26, 2011 09:28AM

You are all so cruel to these old folks living in assisted care. They have a nice garden on the side of the back property which they allow the tenants to grow their own vegetables and have some outside recreation time.

THERE ARE NO HOBO'S

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME CONVINCE THEY CRUEL IDIOTS THAT THIS ISN"T A SHANTY TOWN.

My poor mother would leave there in an instant if she found out that people were calling that recreational area a shanty town especially if it is a danger to the residents.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP BY RESPONDING!

The past post were all so terrible and its unfair to the Manor Care to have so many cynical remarks targeted at their nice facility.

Posted by: Susan ()
Date: April 27, 2011 10:53AM

This is no shanty town. I walked past this area the other day and it looked just like a garden.

Posted by: Dusty Randolph Andrew Jackson II ()
Date: April 28, 2011 02:48PM

Just so you know, I am using a library computer to post this.

My hobo friends and I have heard recent discussion referring the recreational garden at Manor Care a Shanty Town.

They don't even have an old oil barrel to use as a fire pit. One time I thought about spending the night there but when I arrived with my shopping cart and began laying down my newspaper bedding. Upon laying down to drink my MD20/20 I FOUND A BED BUG crawling on my pillow of bundled Newsweek Magazines.

DISGUSTING!!! -- For those who are concerned, I soon posted a review on Yelp to let the greater Arlington Community know that this isn't a sanitary place to sleep.

I also was chased by a rabid black squirrel who had prison tattoos and a shiv made out of acorn branches.

I will never spend a night there in my life, and I am calling the Better Business Bureau to inform them of this hygienically inferior facility.

Posted by: rebelbanjo ()
Date: May 10, 2011 01:37AM

I have asked the same question myself. I don't think it's a plae for hobos, because it's on the side of the hill. It's not on Manor Cares property, it's behind the apartment building next to it. So I made the descision to investigate it. For starters, that is one really weird apartment building. From what I cpoud tell, it is full of Asians, and one of the rooms had obviously been on fire once, and a couple were boreder up on the other side. I parked and walked over to the place she is talking about and although there is a garden there, further down the hill are weird little makeshift shacks/structures etc. I have never seen anyone sleeping or hanging out there. One part of me wants to think that kids built them and their obvious slack groundskeeepr allows them to stay up. So enough insulting the lady who asked this, we need real answers!

Posted by: ProVallone ()
Date: May 10, 2011 12:07PM

Can y'all make it over to the Lamb Center? They will give you the hook up!

Posted by: rebelbanjo ()
Date: May 11, 2011 04:41AM

Lame and unfunny. Troll.

Posted by: ProVallone ()
Date: May 12, 2011 02:01PM

Gee, sorry Miss.

Posted by: jamaal ()
Date: May 16, 2011 12:31AM

ya'll call that a SHANTY TOWN??? shooo more like fancy town. yall yuppie ass arlingtwatians got it 2 good... smh

Posted by: Mick ()
Date: April 24, 2013 04:55PM

Your question is a good one. This anonymous little pukes haven't got enough balls to be kind except when mommy makes them. Stupid little shits. I will find out what it is, it sounds like it is a garden for the Manor Care.

Posted by: could be the gypsies ()
Date: November 01, 2013 05:47PM

is it the gypsies?

Posted by: VeganViking ()
Date: March 29, 2014 11:28PM

The shantytown is gone :(

Posted by: Creekbed ()
Date: April 16, 2014 02:00PM

It's a Tea party Hoe Down bee atch.

Posted by: Not Libby Garvey ()
Date: May 05, 2014 02:32PM

It's the new Arlington County Democrat Party Headquarters. Opening soon!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.