HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Arlington :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Why on God's green Earth is there not a Sonic or Cook Out Fast Food Restaurant within miles?
Posted by: Nicolas Corr ()
Date: February 03, 2016 12:28PM

If any one of you has ever tried the fast food delacacies offered at Cook Out or Sonic, you know of the deliciousness they invoke. Unfortunately, the closest of either is in Fredericksburg or in some god forsaken place in that cesspool of indecency popularly known as Maryland or as the locals call it "Murrland". Why on God's Green Earth is this so? I actually sent an Email to the public relations department of Cook Out to demand an explanation, but have yet to hear back from them. I was perplexed when I visited Sonic's corporate website to get contact information to get a similar inquiry but could find nothing but the corporate address in Oklahoma. Does anyone else wish we had fine dining establishments such as these in the Fairfax/Arlington area? I'm half tempted to start a gofundme.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Why on God's green Earth is there not a Sonic or Cook Out Fast Food Restaurant within miles?
Posted by: IFlySoloBitch ()
Date: February 08, 2016 07:26PM

Sonic is disgusting. Cook Out, yes please.

Re: Why on God's green Earth is there not a Sonic or Cook Out Fast Food Restaurant within miles?
Posted by: Xcelon ()
Date: February 29, 2016 05:41PM

Northern Virginia rents with their escalator clauses keep out a lot of the smaller players in the restaurant business. Rents here for property are 21/2 times what they would have to pay in small town/rural America. When I first moved here from the south my grocery bill was 3 times what I was used to paying for the same amount of food.

Posted by: Jay2B ()
Date: March 04, 2016 10:12AM

As Xcelon pointed out, rent in the Arlington and NoVa area in general is perposterously high. Cook Out is a small southern chain who prefers to keep its operations closer to it's regular customer base in Southern VA, North Carolina etc. There's too much competition in NoVa for Cookout to turn out a reasonable profit I think, as much as I'd love to see them up here. The KFC on South Glebe Road recently closed however, and part of me is pondering whether to write to Cook out and lobby for them to at least do a feasability study of that location.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.