HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Arlington :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Free parking in Rosslyn
Posted by: Brian ()
Date: July 21, 2006 08:19AM

I work at 1616 Fort Meyer Drive in Rosslyn and am looking for free parking. I know of one street where it's free but it is always filled up. I am not above walking 1/2 or more. Is there anywhere in the neighborhoods across Rte 50 that have free street parking?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Free parking in Rosslyn
Posted by: fuck you ()
Date: July 24, 2006 02:17AM

you are the reason that neighborhoods in Arlington have no parking. Just pay for the fucking parking in Rossyln you stupied bitch of shit.

Posted by: effingjimmy ()
Date: July 26, 2006 03:57PM

Dude, shut up.

Brian, there's lots of free parking if you look for it (and I doubt anyone will help you find any - you're the "competition").

I'm in a similar situation over towards Courthouse. I've found a handful of spots within a block or two, and I've found dozens of spots within 4 or 5 blocks. Do what I did - just take a long lunch one day and scout the whole place around your office. Look for single parking spots at the edge of where metered parking begins or ends. Look at where driveways start and stop and see if there's space before the "No Parking" sign. Look at where zoning changes. Where an office building is next to a single-family home - sometimes there will be a single parking spot between where meters stop and residential zones begin. Also, look for a parking meter that's been removed or is destroyed - spots like these are hiding here and there all along the the Rosslyn / Courthouse corridor (you can be ticketed at spots where a meter has simply "failed").

Good luck :P

Posted by: Arlingtonian ()
Date: August 15, 2006 02:50PM

The answer is simple; don't bring your car into Arlington. The entire county is subject to a lot of really fucking stupid rules about parking, parking passes and the like. Most of it stems from the county's financial mismanagement and its drive to raise money any way the state will let it. The rest comes from these power mad neighborhood associations, organized busy-bodies who want to control every little facet of their neighborhoods. Just leave the car some place else and take the metro or get a bike or ride those little green ART buses to get around. Besides, the best places in Arlington are Metro accessible. The rest is just typical, dull, white suburbia and who would want to see that shit.

Posted by: Sunshine ()
Date: September 05, 2007 05:46PM

Park in 'fuck you's' driveway.

Posted by: bekah ()
Date: October 12, 2007 03:45PM

man...people are so mean around here.

Posted by: 4nBorn ()
Date: August 16, 2008 02:51PM

Why is everyone trying to get something for nothing. Take metro; it's cheap!

Posted by: FurfaxTownie ()
Date: September 17, 2009 05:01PM

>Why is everyone trying to get something for nothing. Take metro; it's cheap!

No office job is worth risking one's life.

Posted by: LEL ()
Date: October 20, 2009 01:33PM

fuck you Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> you are the reason that neighborhoods in Arlington
> have no parking. Just pay for the fucking parking
> in Rossyln you stupied bitch of shit.

"stuepid bitch of shit". I'm so using this in a sentence today!

Posted by: voice of reason ()
Date: June 05, 2012 05:35PM

The problem (and sad irony) is that because people from Fairfax and other cities and counties further away from DC--and Arlington--want to park in Arlington (and for free, no less), the county has created ways to either make everyone (including Arlington County residents) pay through the nose for parking and has imposed ridiculous fines ($50+) for parking violations. What the County Board needs to do is create more free parking spots around Arlington and allow ONLY Arlington County residents (those with a parking sticker on their dashboards which we pay for already) to park there for free. This would allow Arlington County residents that live more than a 15 minute walk from the metro, to be able to park within a more reasonable distance--especially on days when they need their cars to take care of errands and don't have time to make multiple bus/metro transfers. But this will likely be fought tooth and nail by Arlington County residents who either bought their homes while they were dirt cheap and/or inherited them from mom and dad and which now have sky high property values due to the metro being later built in close proximity to their homes. And because their homes have higher properly values, they will argue that because they pay a higher percentage of the taxes, they will attempt to impose their will on county decisions, including those concerning parking.

Posted by: wow really ()
Date: June 09, 2012 03:31PM

How about you metro in? We don't pay a shtload of money for our housing and taxes so idiots like you can come here and park for free. Stay in Fairfax.

Posted by: Fairlington sucks ()
Date: June 12, 2012 09:24AM

People drive up from Springfield and Woodbridge and park for free in Fairlington, just off King Street east. They then take the metrobus to Pentagon and the rail after that.

Most of Fairlington doesn't have restrictive street parking.

I see them get off the bus at night, and hope in their cars and leave.

Posted by: Erin ()
Date: January 02, 2013 03:37PM

$250/month is not cheap...

Re: Free parking in Roselyn
Posted by: C ()
Date: June 20, 2014 07:56PM

I need a parking spot 6am 6pm

Re: Free parking in Roselyn
Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: October 15, 2014 07:05PM

C Wrote:
> I need a parking spot 6am 6pm

Check on craigslist.
My coworker rented a parking spot from a condo owner.
A lot of car free residents with parking spots will rent monthly.

Posted by: Sortofthis ()
Date: November 07, 2018 07:19PM

Sort of this. Except I actually quite like the laws sticking it to cars. We need more of them and especially laws that stick it to SUVs-in fact that is one thing that Arlington is missing.

Arlingtonian Wrote:
> The answer is simple; don't bring your car into
> Arlington. The entire county is subject to a lot
> of really fucking stupid rules about parking,
> parking passes and the like. Most of it stems from
> the county's financial mismanagement and its drive
> to raise money any way the state will let it. The
> rest comes from these power mad neighborhood
> associations, organized busy-bodies who want to
> control every little facet of their neighborhoods.
> Just leave the car some place else and take the
> metro or get a bike or ride those little green ART
> buses to get around. Besides, the best places in
> Arlington are Metro accessible. The rest is just
> typical, dull, white suburbia and who would want
> to see that shit.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.