HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Arlington :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
DWI issue
Posted by: Johnnie ()
Date: March 29, 2013 03:39PM

I recently got my driver's license reinstated in Arl Co. The judge granted me restricted driver's privileges for 1-yr and I was assigned a probation counselor at the Arl ASAP. I am a MD resident currently, was a VA resident at the time of my DWI. The terms of the 1-yr restricted license is to have an ignition interlock installed in my vehicle. I recently went with the ASAP issued restricted license to a local MVA (MD DMV) and they told me that out-of-state restrictions to not transfer. They gave me a full license. Now, my lawyer is out of the country, so I can't seek counsel with him. My 2 questions.

a)Am I OK to drive anywhere/anytime, as long as I don't cross into VA?

b)I suppose I should not use the probation car outside of going to/from work and to/from aa meetings "the one with the ignition interlock"? Outside those times, I will be fine if I drive my wife's car?

Confused... Wonder what statute supersedes what statute???

Thanks guys...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: DWI issue
Posted by: D.W.I ()
Date: April 03, 2013 06:33PM

Sometimes people do intend to do the right thing after having a few and some finally get stopped..... You were on the right track when you suggested the idea of not coming back to V.A........... Listen to you, When do I or don't I drive the "PROBATION CAR"........ Stay in Maryland...

Options: ReplyQuote

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.