HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Arlington :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Four Mile Run area
Posted by: NOVAcitizen ()
Date: March 14, 2013 06:44PM

Anyone know what the area around Four Mile Run is like, say between Columbia Pike and Walter Reed? I have a friend considering renting in a couple of the high rises in that area (Carlton or Brittany), and wants to know if it is safe for single females. Is there any proposed development to take off there as well? We drove by Columbia Pike a few weekends ago and saw what looked to be plans for fancy new townhomes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Four Mile Run area
Posted by: CrazyArl ()
Date: March 19, 2013 09:39AM

Its not the nicest area in south Arlington but its not that bad. I wouldn't walk when its dark out without someone with you. I don't think there is any re-development for that area but you will get a trolly

Posted by: Dee ()
Date: April 06, 2013 08:49AM

I lived in the Carlton and felt safe.

BUT, as a female there are things you just don't do there (or I think anywhere).
1. If she ever wants to use the trail along water, don't listen to music and always be aware. Even out in Vienna people get attacked.
2. Be suspicious of people outside of the building. There are bums that live in those woods.

Lol, I don't mean to scare you! I just think that about a lot of places in Arlington. There is some kind of police sub-station there so you'll usually see a cop car on the side

Posted by: Unreal ()
Date: April 06, 2013 11:41AM

WoW. Is it safe for single females?? How would anybody be able to know for sure. Are there hidden messages in the sidewalks... Not everybody wants to rape you and steal your ipod...

Posted by: Jose Sr. ()
Date: April 08, 2013 02:55PM

You got the Goodwill store right there across from the recycling drop off, you got all the cell phone stores on the pike, and the laundramat and the big Bordega next to it are within walking distance (great places to meet single guys). Down the street you have plenty of auto body shops, a day laborer pavillion, and the dog pound. What's not to love about that area?

Seriously, tell her to rent an apartment in Fairlington.

Posted by: unreal ()
Date: April 08, 2013 07:58PM

That seems to be the best spot in the area.. But why stop there. When the Mcdonalds on the other side of FiFty is the cleanest and newest building for 8 blocks you know thats where you should settle down and raise a family..... Is it safe for single females........... She wants to know what the odds are of getting jumped buy the day laborers..

Posted by: Dee ()
Date: April 09, 2013 05:21AM

"Unreal",
I was there for five years and loved it. I said I felt safe living there in my post. When I said I wouldn't listen to music on the path, it is because I like to hear things going on around me, not because I'm afraid someone would steal an IPod!! If someone is on a bike coming behind and says"passing on your right", it'd be nice to hear that. About a year ago, right there on that path by the Carlton, a woman jogging died. The guy on the bike gave her notice but she couldn't hear him. Last fall (on the same trail, W&O) in Vienna next to Hunter Mill Rd a woman was grabbed into the bushes and raped. But even worse, the person beat her so bad she was close to death. In fact the only reason that woman in Vienna is alive is because a guy walking by (not listening to music) heard something barely moaning in the woods and found her 10ft of the track.
You were very wrong when you said I think everyone wants to rape or rob me! Just the opposite in fact. 99% of the people around here are great and helpful. When I go anywhere I love to strike up conversations with random people. I've met a lot of my good friends that way.

I'm just a strong believer in always having your situational awareness, no matter where you are. The safest place ever could be dangerous in a second. Or, you could be in the most dangerous place every day and nothing would ever happen. No one can know.

Posted by: Unreal ()
Date: April 13, 2013 12:21AM

"WoW" good for you...

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.