HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Loudoun :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Rep. Wolf not happy about Dulles Greenway toll hike
Posted by: Loudoun County News Updates ()
Date: December 11, 2011 08:15AM

Rep. Wolf not happy about Dulles Greenway toll hike
Saturday - 12/10/2011, 2:08pm ET
http://www.wtop.com/?nid=120&sid=2664865

WASHINGTON - Tolls on the Dulles Greenway will increase with the start of the new year.

The toll on the privately-owned toll road in Loudoun County will go up 30 cents to $4, and could go as high as $5.55 during congestion pricing and counting the 75 cents drivers must pay if they are coming onto or from the Dulles Toll Road.

Rep. Frank Wolf, R-Va., says he's not happy about the toll hike.

"Some people are paying more money for tolls than they pay for their car payments each month," says Wolf.

Wolf adds that the toll increase isn't being advertised well enough.

"There are no signs. No one knows how much they're paying until they get on the road."

The Washington Examiner reports that Wolf has been battling the owners of the highway for years over the toll increases.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rep. Wolf not happy about Dulles Greenway toll hike
Posted by: Tolled, to Heck ()
Date: December 11, 2011 04:07PM

We (Wife and I) are sickened by the Dulles Greenway toll increases. The convenience of the Greenway toll hikes probably, jumped their value several years ago. Electing to take the Dulles Greenway on any given day during rush hour has proved to be a bad choice on most given days for the East or West travel. Finding it more beneficial to forego the Greenway and deal with (local) traffic for an additional 15 minutes.

Dulles Greenway highway is a well maintained road for the most part. However, finding it useless to waste our cash via EZ Pass for access to this road that really doesn't provide a MUCH? quicker advantage for travelling to/from Leesburg during peak traffic times. Most EZ Pass subscribers probably opted out for their quarterly mailing update which can also be viewed on-line via, their account log-in.

You need to check your account to completely realize HOW MUCH money that you might be wasting on the Dulles Greenway. We all value our time. Dulles Greenway is not saving much time for this family... We avoid the Dulles Greenway every time these days.

Posted by: snowdenscold ()
Date: December 11, 2011 08:01PM

If the BoS would get on the ball and secure funding for alternative routes into Ashburn from 28 (i.e. Nokes connection and off 606), this would greatly reduce the congestion on the Waxpool corridor and might make Greenway avoidance manageable.

Posted by: Disgusted Greenway User ()
Date: December 13, 2011 06:37PM

Some sort of Catch-22 brewing for the Board of Supervisors... playing the lamb and accepting the (seemingly, good) unfolding of the Greenway and keeping thing's nice (for them?) Or, speak up...work harder on funding for aforementioned routes around 28 corridor and possibly suffer some consequences. Wishing that Loudoun makes the right decisions NOW... and doesn't continue to offer their soul to the Greenway enterprise. It's certainly cold in Loudoun now with this. But, we don't have to lie down and die. The Dulles Greenway enterprise is profit driven. They don't care about quality of life in Loudoun. They need a reality check by way of Loudoun residents speaking up and attending BoS meetings with their concerns!

Posted by: trogdor! ()
Date: December 13, 2011 09:21PM

I'll never take the Greenway out of principal.

Posted by: Banjo-Kazooie ()
Date: December 14, 2011 04:27PM

Trying to follow (trogdor!) principle past two months. Cut down Greenway trips for work commute between Leesburg-Arlington. Was averaging 26 trips at around $115.00 a month. Not a king's ransom being saved but it's money better spent on retirement etc. that will add up. Fortunate to be able to adjust work schedule for the commute and avoid peak traffic via secondary routes toward the Dulles Toll Rd. The Greenway costs too much for what little it provides! See this Wash. Post brief from 2009 that might further raise your blood pressure.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/01/16/AR2009011604584.html

Posted by: No Greenway ()
Date: December 14, 2011 09:24PM

I almost never take it unless I am running late for something can't gamble with other routes.

Heck, my house is right off the thing too, but I'd rather deal with Waxpool and Sycolin than pay that exorbitant toll.

Posted by: funnyguyva ()
Date: December 20, 2011 11:21AM

What a joke, unhappy? Im unhappy about the weather but what can be done? Why do we keep voting these people back into office? Do worry be unhappy.

Posted by: Vote for someone else ()
Date: December 21, 2011 05:49PM

funnyguyva Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What a joke, unhappy? Im unhappy about the weather
> but what can be done? Why do we keep voting these
> people back into office? Do worry be unhappy.

Every two years I ask why anyone votes for Frank Wolf. I've yet to hear a response other than "He is Republican".

32 years in the House and the guy doesn't get shit done and doesn't hold a leadership position or chair a committee that matters. It is the definition of a "loser".

Posted by: Franky W. ()
Date: September 06, 2014 02:18AM

You people wouldn't last a day in my shoes.

Posted by: suck it losers - corporations ()
Date: September 20, 2014 01:54PM

Loudoun County News Updates Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Rep. Wolf not happy about Dulles Greenway toll
> hike
> Saturday - 12/10/2011, 2:08pm ET
> http://www.wtop.com/?nid=120&sid=2664865
>
> WASHINGTON - Tolls on the Dulles Greenway will
> increase with the start of the new year.
>
> The toll on the privately-owned toll road in
> Loudoun County will go up 30 cents to $4, and
> could go as high as $5.55 during congestion
> pricing and counting the 75 cents drivers must pay
> if they are coming onto or from the Dulles Toll
> Road.
>
> Rep. Frank Wolf, R-Va., says he's not happy about
> the toll hike.
>
> "Some people are paying more money for tolls than
> they pay for their car payments each month," says
> Wolf.
>
> Wolf adds that the toll increase isn't being
> advertised well enough.
>
> "There are no signs. No one knows how much they're
> paying until they get on the road."
>
> The Washington Examiner reports that Wolf has been
> battling the owners of the highway for years over
> the toll increases.

Sucks that a republican hates non-government private toll roads. I would think the paradox would make his head explode. This is what you get. Suck a big dick.

Posted by: don'tuseitnow ()
Date: September 22, 2014 02:18PM

They need to place toll roads under a banner of "regulated utility" and non-profit status. They then can regulate fare increases like they do the electric companies.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.