HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Loudoun :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Soliciting at Loudoun Intersections
Posted by: Loudoun Linus ()
Date: October 10, 2011 08:04PM

I'm new to Loudoun County. I moved to Ashburn last December.

I am continually encountering people at various intersections in and around Ashburn & Sterling, coming up my car soliciting money for some cause. They walk around with white buckets and they usually are covering all directions of the busy intersections.

Does anyone know who they are? How did they get approval to be out there week after week? I believe in contributing to good causes but every week the same people?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Soliciting at Loudoun Intersections
Posted by: Concerned Parents ()
Date: October 11, 2011 08:30AM

Loudoun Linus Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm new to Loudoun County. I moved to Ashburn last
> December.
>
> I am continually encountering people at various
> intersections in and around Ashburn & Sterling,
> coming up my car soliciting money for some cause.
> They walk around with white buckets and they
> usually are covering all directions of the busy
> intersections.
>
> Does anyone know who they are? How did they get
> approval to be out there week after week? I
> believe in contributing to good causes but every
> week the same people?

Don't give money to any of them. Some are for wacky church groups in the area, LaRouche supporters, and God knows what else. Only the Volunteer Fire Dept with their boots are considered to be "Legitimate". The others are all fakers, hoaxers, or just plain weirdo's.

http://www.connectionnewspapers.com/article.asp?article=312082&paper=83&cat=104

Posted by: Confused ()
Date: October 23, 2012 12:48PM

If they aren't legitimate, why are they allowed to be doing it? Aren't there laws against obstructing traffic or panhandling, or something?

Posted by: BEH ()
Date: October 24, 2012 08:15AM

Police are only responsive to small time drug busts, expired registrations, and missing donuts.

Posted by: annoying ()
Date: October 25, 2012 10:04AM

Last I noticed, they were from some church that isn't even in Virginia. Don't give them a dime. It could easily be a scam.

There is apparently a proposal being discussed to ban them. It can't happen soon enough.

Posted by: Ho Chaser ()
Date: November 07, 2012 08:29AM

BEH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Police are only responsive to small time drug
> busts, expired registrations, and missing donuts.
And massage parlors.

Date: November 07, 2012 01:04PM

These ARE a few of my favorite things.

Posted by: soliciting? panhandling? ()
Date: November 14, 2012 12:13AM

What about the ones not soliciting? Or panhandling? Or approaching anyone? You know. The ones that stand back solemnly. Not mentioning anything about money or selling anything? The passive ones. The non-aggressive patient ones who simply stand back with a God Bless you sign and maybe a Cross and only step forward when something is offered? There is nothing wrong with this. As long as it is done very passively. And these do exist. Ones with respect. And you would punish these innocents as well?

And panhandling is not illegal in Loudon or Fairfax County's anyway. In FX City and places like Leesburg, you have police unlawfully enforcing as if there are laws against it.
Yet, what is described above and what I and many witness, there are rare instances of individuals with patient respect that do not approach anyone. They stand back with a simple sign saying nothing about selling or money directly to anyone. The individual has to literally assume that is what they are their for and offer it before the patient and respectable one will step forward and receive what is clearly nothing but an in-coherced in kind gift. There is clearly nothing wrong with this.
And anyone can imagine. The capability of objecting individuals to this as well. Calling in false reports and so on. Wasting precious police efforts that could be much better spent serving and protecting the overall public.
The horrible, highly hazardous driving of the automobiles is a much more pertinent isssue to be concerned about. All that aggressive driving causes injury, serious injury, death to both public and police. Why this obsession about a person trying to get help as respectably as possible. Jobs are scarce. The help and homeless centers are inundated with coddled criminals, substance abusers and mental cases. So what else is a person to do? Most of the churches won't help and have run out of help funds? So, will you help instead of hurt such a person?
God Bless. Anything Help's. An Honorable Vet.

Posted by: that's UNCOHERCED! ()
Date: November 14, 2012 12:40AM

CORRECTION: ABOVE POST 'SOLICITING?, PANHANDLING'. That was originally printed and meant to read: UNCOHERCED, not 'in-coherced'. A purely UNCOHERCED donation of 'anything' to help is not panhandling or soliciting. And this is not a matter of opinion. It has been daughter over and over again in the court systems at a very high price to the taxpayers and overall citizens at a considerable and continued loss due to the perpetually uneducated OPINION, to put it as politely as possible.

Posted by: the asshole beh at it here to? ()
Date: November 14, 2012 11:54PM

How boring bored you are, BEH.

Posted by: illegal hispanics aggressively ()
Date: November 15, 2012 12:03AM

Illegal immigrants are resorting to aggressively panhandling on street corners and busy exits to shopping malls. The authorities have finally started cracking down on the illegal hiring of the criminals, so now they approach you directly heavily pressuring you to give them money straight up. Why do they not have any respect for anyone including themselves.
Oh! And a outdated state license is not a proper legal ID. Nerd could have found it in the trash somewhere and licked with the picture looking quite like them or something. How does the moron cop know any different?
Supposed to arrest with detainment (jail, incarcerate) until proper identification can be established.

Posted by: SiriusB ()
Date: November 26, 2012 12:58PM

See at the following website--http://www.rickross.com/groups/deeper_life.html

"Deeper Life Christian Church group", sent out from their base in Florida to rich areas far away to keep their Florida Master-founder rolling in riches for his extravagant needs and wants. Loudoun County overlooks it (I guess because they aren't trying to sell massages yet) but since they infest some of the most dangerous intersections in the county, it is only a matter of time before they will either cause a wreck or be the victim of one as they troll through the lines of road-enraged commuters around here, relieving them of their cash, further holding them up while they are most anxious to get where they want to go!

It is a scam and is perpetually in trouble with the laws elsewhere--read up on it. It also changes its name to keep ahead of those who check out before giving out.

Posted by: who knows best ()
Date: December 07, 2012 01:42AM

Who gives a shit when hundreds of thousands of people are getting there lives destroyed by the idiot drivers of the automobile. Forty thousand plus with hundreds of thousands being seriously injured, permanently crooked and maimed every year. More horrid shit since any war since WE II, caused by ignorant assholes that do not know how to drive an automobile. And some BOZO moron is obsessed by a person standing on a streetcorner trying to get help? I can see being concerned about the illegal immigrants, but the rest? And simply flying a sign is not panhandling. It is the ones who approach people that are panhandling. Combined with ehat is in writing on the sign, idiot. Without any approach and the sign not directly requesting any money, well, this is not panhandling. It leaves the decision totally up to the individual who must assume it, offer it as an in kind gift, and it is accepted respectfully as same. Simply an in kind gift. And with all the moronic murdering and crippling driving of the automobiles going on steadily, well, who gives a bats ass, anyway!

Posted by: with hole in head: beh ()
Date: December 07, 2012 01:49AM

And the bored one with know life continues. The BEH. With his tasteless, senseless bullshit.

Date: December 07, 2012 09:03AM

You're saying you have sense and taste because you beg for food and clothes at the Lamb Center , use the money you beg for at intersections for cheap booze, and live in a tent in the woods?

I stand corrected!

Posted by: still the ASSuming ASS, BEH! ()
Date: December 25, 2012 02:44AM

'Nough said!

Posted by: big, beautiful house! ()
Date: December 25, 2012 02:55AM

No, beh, I own, that is, OWN, a big beautiful house with a two car garage with one of them jammed up full of donations thru the LC. I'm the Kitchen Queen at The Lamb Center, 'Ol Black Betty! And you better not eat too much, or use too many paper towels or other condiments donated to the LC, cause I gotta keep my personal stock of 'em all jammed up in my spare second inside garage!
What you gotta say 'bout that TRUTH, PUNK?
What? Dave! Dave! Throw the bum out! Right now! ( and of course, 'cause Dave is even more of a crook than me, he throws you out for good!)

Date: December 26, 2012 09:03AM

You're an army of one.

Making posts, answering and commenting on your own posts.

If you had any wit at all, you'd be a half wit.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.