HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Loudoun :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Why are my taxes going to a private school for River Creek and Raspberry Falls?
Posted by: Leesburg Taxpayer ()
Date: February 24, 2011 07:38PM

Can someone help me out. I am looking at the boundaries and info on Elementary schools in Leesburg. It appears that Francis Hazel-Reid has a district that incorporates River Creek and Rasberry Falls, in separate areas (meaning two unconnected attendance areas). Why would LCPS create what is essentially a private school district for these two very wealthy areas? It makes no sense.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Why are my taxes going to a private school for River Creek and Raspberry Falls?
Posted by: EX PG CNTY ()
Date: February 25, 2011 08:59AM

the school boundaries in Loudoun don't make much sense to me, either. My kid is bussed past one middle school to get to his. Having grown up in PG County where this crap destroyed neighborhoods in the name of racial harmony, I know the negative impact it can have.

That being said, the county population has grown at an rate of close to 100% in the last 10 years, so I am sure it is a nightmare trying to organize the school districts. And if you are privileged enough to live in those neighborhoods, I am sure you wouldn't want your kids in school with the ones that live near Wal*Mart. Can you blame them?

Re: Why are my taxes going to a private school for River Creek and Raspberry Falls?
Posted by: Ofc Friendly ()
Date: April 26, 2011 05:16AM

My understanding is that this was done as part of "Growth Planning". Also the tax money being used will upgrade the existing infrastructure there that will not only support River Creek and Raspberry Falls but the surrounding areas as well.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.