HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Loudoun :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Estates at the Elk Run Junkyard
Posted by: newgatedenizen ()
Date: October 03, 2010 06:13PM

Gotta love this new development going in surrounding a junkyard in south South Riding.
Attachments:
estatesatjunkyard.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Estates at the Elk Run Junkyard
Posted by: steve ()
Date: October 15, 2010 11:52AM

The sad thing is that it isn't a junk yard. That is one guy's yard. It had spilled over into neighboring parcels so parts of it are being cleaned up but the main heaps of rusty old trucks will remain. Now that they refused to sell to the developer so the new homes go around the pig sty it has no value to a builder and will remain an eyesore for many years.
The owner has the right to be a crazy junk collector. It is people like this that justify the over the top homeowner association rules.

Posted by: trogdor! ()
Date: October 20, 2010 09:51PM

Wow. I can't believe Loudoun county allows that. Fairfax has county codes that prohibit the storage of inoperable vehicles and semi trailers on non commercial property....regardless of any HOA.

Posted by: rational ()
Date: November 04, 2010 07:47PM

I'd rather see that junkyard than more of the crap that developers build around here ...

Posted by: Personal freedom ()
Date: November 05, 2010 02:05AM

I'd rather have personal freedom than HOA and over controlling country restrictions any day. I hope he fights them tooth and nail.

Posted by: Bill N ()
Date: November 24, 2010 10:51PM

Reminds me of when I was in Ocean City in the 70s and some condo residents were complaining about the proposed 7-11 that was going in next door. A 7-11 would have improved that dump of a condo complex.

Posted by: BigK ()
Date: December 05, 2010 09:49AM

The place is a dump and I am sure if will be gone soon. I live in SR and I am tired of looking at this dump.

Posted by: SR guy ()
Date: January 12, 2011 09:59AM

Don't worry. Some Indian software engineers and their families will buy these homes. They don't give a shit about aesthetics, landscaping, nice view, etc.

Posted by: newgatedenizen ()
Date: January 13, 2011 10:38PM

Don't worry. Some Indian software engineers and their families will buy these homes. They don't give a shit about aesthetics, landscaping, nice view, etc.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Might be a grain of truth to this comment... as I was wandering around taking a bunch of photos the only folks I saw in the surrounding neighborhood were Indian (or maybe Pakistanian's/Bangladeshian's).

Posted by: Mullen ()
Date: January 14, 2011 05:46PM

There's a lot of junk-yard property in Loudoun. Head, West down Rt. 50 and find additional (worse) sites along the side streets... paved and gravel. There's a plethora of garbage lots surrounding Croson's Market/Gas Station at intersect of Rt. 50 and Gum Springs Rd. Croson's folk are good people and always nice. Fair gas prices, too.

Posted by: Southriding Gurl ()
Date: April 22, 2011 03:35PM

jebus!!!!!! Where is this???

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.