HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Loudoun :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Zion Springs
Posted by: just thinking ()
Date: October 18, 2017 08:12AM

Zion Springs Bed and Breakfast is more accurately a wedding venue and has been allowed to operate on a residential street in a bedroom community in Hamilton.

The noise, the bands and DJ's, the drunks peeing and trespassing, the cars and even tour buses disturb us in our home.
The owners of the property bought the house as a residence and have expanded it to include a large wedding and event facility and allow the guests of the receptions to park on a flood plain.

How could Loudoun County approve of such a situation?

There is a Loudoun County hearing on October 26th to address these issues, please come if you are affected by this or do not want a similar situation to crop up in your neighborhood.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Zion Springs
Posted by: Leesburger with cheeeeese ()
Date: October 19, 2017 12:19PM

Quit being such a cunt and mind your own fucking business. People are trying to make a living/not be a burden to society and all you and your liberal house frau friends can do is sit around all day and figure out ways to fuck them while your husbands work.

You probably moved in next to them long AFTER they were operating in this manner and now you want to complain. GFY.

Date: October 19, 2017 02:42PM

What a nice, classy response!

Due to the vile personal attack, the last post can only come from someone who is closely associated with the establishment.

I hope all couples weigh their options carefully when choosing a venue for their wedding day.

Let the people (and Loudoun County) make up their own minds!

Date: October 20, 2017 12:45PM

Nope, no idea who they are, but I applaud them for trying to run a small business....

On another note, my assessment of you must have been spot on ;)

Date: October 20, 2017 08:08PM

Not even close, dude! If you only knew.
Good luck on the 26th!!!

Posted by: wjhbe ()
Date: October 21, 2017 08:28PM

gET THE lOUDOUN cOUNTY gOVERNMENT TO PASS AN ORDNANCE RESTRICTING BUSINESSES THAT CAN OPERATE IN A RESIDENTIALLY ZONES AREA. ONCE THAT HAPPENS, THEY WILL HAVE TO MOVE THEIR BUSINESS ELSEWHERE TO A BUSINESS ZONED AREA.

Date: October 22, 2017 10:21AM

That would be good, except they originally opened as a bed and breakfast, which most B&B's are older homes mostly in established residential neighborhoods and are usually not a problem.

They originally fell under a B&B exceptional clause that allowed a certain amount of outside gatherings per year, but they violated the scope of that clause and the wedding celebrations and guests became too large, too unruly and too loud for the quiet neighborhood.

They had initially planted some black walnut trees to say the property was harvesting an agricultural product which would hopefully skirt them around the issues of having to follow any Loudoun County ordinances.

And by the way, most if not all the homes in this neighborhood were in place prior to the large wedding parties, with unruly guests, tour buses, loud DJ's and bands came.
I am also concerned about these large tour buses filled with guests from the weddings being transported over small, narrow gravel roads which have small bridges over creeks with weight limitations to consider.

I hope Loudoun County does the right thing for it residents, not some guests who may or may not be Loudoun Co. or even Virginia state residents.

Date: October 27, 2017 11:13AM

Update on the Zion Springs zoning violation:

The zoning violation hearing on 10/26/17 at 7:30 pm was a joke, perhaps a Halloween Trick perpetrated upon the people in attendance.

About 30 neighbors and concerned citizens filled the hearing room to speak their mind about Zion Springs Bed and Breakfast (which in reality operates as a noisy wedding venue within a quiet residential community).

The Loudoun County hearing board members heard another hearing prior to the Zion Springs case as the citizens quietly sat in the room waiting to voice their opinions.

Nearly two hours later, as the attorneys stopped yammering and the board stopped their bickering on the first case, they apparently looked at the crowded room and realized having to hear all the people who came to speak about their grievances would carry the hearing late into the night.

Then, in a stunning display (almost as stunning as allowing this business to operate in a quiet neighborhood in the first place) they figuratively slapped their concerned citizens in the face by allowing the operator/owner of Zion Springs to retract his appeals and accept the violations with which he was cited.

This action caused the concerns of our neighbors to NOT BE HEARD and allowed Zion Springs to continue to operate, albeit with a restriction.

The bottom line is that Zion Springs will not be able to allow their wedding guests to park cars on the floodplain in which they currently use.
It's unknown where they will ask their patrons to park, my guess is nothing will change and the owner will ignore the zoning citations.

Loud noise and rowdy guests will still be an issue as, guests, DJ's and bands routinely cause noise disturbances late into the night as some guests puke and urinate on neighbors property.

The county hearing officers say to call the Sheriffs non-emergency number but when Sheriffs Deputies arrive they say they do not have the equipment to properly evaluate the decibel level to use in court. Perhaps a zoning official, who has access to such equipment should respond at 11 pm?

We will wait and see how this develops, meanwhile, people wanting to move away from the weekly mayhem find that their home values are reduced due to the noisy evening weddings.

How would Loudoun County allow this to happen?

Posted by: tanglefoot ()
Date: October 27, 2017 04:10PM

I agree with Leesburger Cheeseburger. You sound like a whiny count. I am going to book my next outing with them.

Date: October 27, 2017 06:24PM

Tanglefoot IS Leesburger Cheeese. Nice try though... and what does a whiney count have anything to do with this post?

Posted by: Hamburger dude ()
Date: October 27, 2017 09:18PM

Bwahahahahahaha, shut down by the Board. Fucking hysterical. Their didn't want to hear shit from you either.

Move back to Pittsburgh or New Jersey or Boston or wherever the fuck you came from. Actually, move to Arlington, you'll fit right in with all the other women wasting their husbands money on latte's at some pretentious coffee shop. You can complain about the gun store's or some other shit while you eat your biscotti. Plenty to protest down there. Probably let a bunch of illegals live in your sanctuary basement and bang your daughter.

BTW, tanglefoot is not me, but he/she seems to be really bright.

Date: October 28, 2017 07:42AM

Hey Zion Springs guy,
Nice try though, but you still haven't got it, keep trying though.

You really should look inwardly at yourself to see where all the vile remarks and
woman hating rhetoric comes from.

Not the trait I would like to see in a wedding planner.

Posted by: Cheeeesburger ()
Date: October 29, 2017 07:23AM

I rest my case....better get on Amazon and order some new Penn State stickers for the back of the Yukon hubby bought for you.

It's funny how you are so delusional about your own snowflake opinions that you think there is no way anyone OTHER than the owner of the B & B could get online an disagree with you. Especially funny that you actually think I am creating multiple posts to make it appear as though other people agree with them. Good god, could you be more self important?

Date: October 29, 2017 12:19PM

Sorry just thinking. I am not Leesburger but keep on trying.

Date: October 29, 2017 04:28PM

Sure...
Hey, I don't harbor any ill will towards you trying to run a business, you just picked the wrong place to put a 10,000 square foot major event barn in a quiet neighborhood.
Bring back the bed and breakfast only and the neighborhood will be happy.

Date: October 31, 2017 07:53AM

One more time, I'm not the owner. You keep thinking that. The other poster isn't me.

Reality check time snowflake....not everyone agrees with you. Now go get some breakfast ready.

Date: November 01, 2017 08:54AM

Can I come to your B&B for breakfast, or do I need to bring 200 friends?

Posted by: Cheeseburger in Paradise ()
Date: November 01, 2017 12:02PM

One more time. I don't own the B & B you dumb whore.

I wish I did, I would hold a fucking goat rodeo there every day just to get under your skin.

Date: November 02, 2017 09:15PM

Funny though, you seem to know the car makes, models and bumper stickers of (your)neighbors involved with Zion Springs even though you are not connected to the venue....hum, please try to keep your alias' up to speed.

Date: November 02, 2017 09:58PM

Who am I tonight? Leesburger Cheeseburger? The owner of the B$B? Ponderous man, ponderous.

Date: November 03, 2017 08:41AM

It's not that ponderous, just try to keep up.

Posted by: Hamburger train ()
Date: November 03, 2017 10:21AM

just thinking Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Not even close, dude! If you only knew.

So, on October 20 you posted the above....

just thinking Wrote:
>Funny though, you seem to know the car makes, models and bumper stickers of
>(your)neighbors involved with Zion Springs even though you are not connected >to the venue....hum, please try to keep your alias' up to speed.

On November 2, you posted the above.....

So which is it? Was I close (my guess is "spot on") in my assessment per your 11/2 post or am I not even close per your 10/20 post?

Still not the B & B owner....time for you to run along to the yoga classes your hubby pays for....

Date: November 03, 2017 03:09PM

Well, at least I know you're not clairvoyant.

Date: November 03, 2017 03:26PM

I must say though, the only thing that you've been right about in this whole ordeal is when you sat in front of the hearing board and said words to the effect of: "I'm not an attorney as a matter of fact I am not very knowledgeable about things at all!"

It got a laugh from your numerous "fans", not because it wasn't accurate but because it was an obvious attempt to manipulate the hearing officers.

Any news from Waterford?

Date: November 05, 2017 06:06AM

Yawn

Date: November 05, 2017 07:00AM

Pithy response.

Date: November 05, 2017 08:25AM

Well at least now you now my identity, Lord Pithy of the Hills

Posted by: Burgerfi ()
Date: November 05, 2017 03:18PM

just thinking Wrote:
> Well, at least I know you're not clairvoyant.

..and at least I know you're not a dumb whore.....wait....uh.....nevermind....

You didn't really understand my point regarding your 2 posts did you? Let me explain. In the first post you indicate that I'm way off on my assessment, in the second you indicate I know all about the neighborhood people (yourself included). That shows pretty poor cognitive ability because the 2 statement contradict one another. You can Google contradict if that's too hard for you.

Here's what you should do. Print up this dialogue and march right over to the Zion Springs owner. Demand I....I mean they....come clean and admit they are making these posts. Don't be surprised (which is asking a lot from you as I am sure you are surprised all the fucking time) if they have no idea who is making these posts. You and I both know it's me....I mean them....

Posted by: HHPBK ()
Date: November 06, 2017 02:02AM

The owners don't care; the county doesn't care; time for the "Mokrie dela" to begin! Community take back your rightful peace and quiet!

Date: November 08, 2017 06:14PM

No, we will resort to legal means.
I'm sure most weddings are over for the year, but we will be watching for any cars that park on the flood plain.
He will have to find other parking nearby.

Posted by: Cheeseburger with sauce ()
Date: November 10, 2017 10:11AM

Yeah, I thought so. Keep looking out your back window Gladys, waiting for someone to park in the floodplain so you can call the County inspectors. What a great way to spend your life.
Attachments:
873e6b08246e20f1325ef56a1e958ae4--bewitched-tv-show-old-tv-shows.jpg

Date: November 10, 2017 12:44PM

Yup, that's me, except you don't know who "me" is.
There are a lot of people watching your antics who want peace and quiet again.

I was wondering though, did you happen to see that hearing officer again?

Posted by: Burgermeister Meisterburger ()
Date: November 12, 2017 10:51AM

Yea, I met with him as well as a bunch of other people. It's all being worked out with the BOS, planning and land development departments. I'm going to get a use permit granted to allow parking and other events in the FOD. It's nice that the County Board is very business friendly. It takes a little longer and as a result costs most, but in the end it will be very profitable for our business and expansion plans. They just need the proper paperwork and process in order to CYA. We'll be good to go. Maybe not this calendar year, but next for sure.

Date: November 12, 2017 11:42AM

Good to hear. Plan on having my 60th there.

Posted by: burgerman ()
Date: November 13, 2017 08:19AM

I wanted to have my daughters wedding there.

She was somewhat reluctant, didn't want a guests' car getting stuck in the mud while parking on the bogged down flood plain.

Guess it's a flood plain for a reason!

Posted by: Melt ()
Date: November 13, 2017 11:18AM

"typically" most sections of the floodplain are wet/saturated only part of the time. BTW, it doesn't take a genius to figure out who you are Burgerman... time for a latte' and yoga class sweety. Run along now I have big things to do.

Here's the Code section that's going to allow my huge parking lot in the floodplain....business is growing so large, I can hardly get the expansion plans going fast enough. We were thinking about opening a brewery too, that seems to attract people from all over.

(8) Parking areas accessory to permitted or approved special
exception uses in the FOD. All such parking areas shall be
equipped with best management practices in accordance
with Chapter 5 of the FSM and Chapter 1096 of the Codified
Ordinances.

Date: November 13, 2017 09:20PM

Actually that's not the code section that applies to your situation.

However, as you stated, "the floodplains are only saturated some of the time", how do you predict that the flood plain won't be saturated (flooded) at the time a spring wedding? A wet time of the year.

As the burgerman implied, how many tow trucks would be needed to tow the numerous cars out of the flood plain?

What a story and photo op that would be for the Purcellville Gazette or perhaps the local news channels.

Posted by: Burgertime ()
Date: November 14, 2017 10:19AM

What you don't know about floodplains would fill a railroad car. Leave that to the people who deal with it on a daily basis.

Also, that is the code section. Trust me.

The local news channel? Like what the one farmer Jim transmits from his milk barn? I'm sure channel 4 can't wait to send a reporter out here to cover a tow truck. It's not MD/DC news so trust me, they don't give 2 shits about it or you.

Date: November 14, 2017 05:43PM

Ah hah...
Very knowledgeable about floodplains aren't you.

Are you this sociable as you invite your guests into the wedding?

Did you pay the fines for your violations yet?

Posted by: No Coke, Pepsi ()
Date: November 15, 2017 10:29AM

I could see how, given that you still think I have any connection at all to the place, you would think I actually know very little about floodplains. I get it. You're dumb.

In reality, I have worked in the land development/civil engineering industry for close to 25 years. I spend most of my days dealing with builders, County Boards and nosy neighbors who should just mind there own business. My advice is go find something better to invest your time in. Go volunteer at church, feed the homeless...do something to enrich peoples lives around you rather than worrying about a guys wedding guests parking in the floodplain a few times a year. If his guests get stuck, that's his problem. It's not like there is any type of culturally significance associated with Hamilton that you are fighting for. You're just someone's bitchy wife with too much time on her hands. Go fuck the mailman, feed the homeless...something, anything to not be a burden on society.

Date: November 16, 2017 08:51PM

As previously stated, you're a class act.

Hope your guests don't search the web.

Date: November 18, 2017 06:56AM

I'm a mailman. I wouldn't slip my letter in that slot.

Posted by: Chikfilet defector ()
Date: November 19, 2017 10:03AM

just thinking Wrote:
> As previously stated, you're a class act.
>
> Hope your guests don't search the web.

I am a class act, but I don't own the place you dumb whore. Get it through your thick skull. I just work in the land development industry and hate the NIMBY dumb whore housewives like yourself that force the Loudoun County BOS to make things unreasonably tough for people to run a business. The guy is going to get what he wants, it just will take him longer and he will have to toss more money at it. But I guess that is the plan. Isn't it you dumb whore? Be a pain in the ass and maybe he will quit. Get a life.

Date: November 20, 2017 12:35PM

Any Thanksgiving festivities occurring on the floodplain?

Date: November 20, 2017 05:13PM

I heard they were interested inviting you for a round of poke the pig

Date: November 22, 2017 07:59AM

True to your form, once again.
Your kids must be proud.

Date: November 22, 2017 04:56PM

You know what guys? I was completely wrong and you were all completely right. This is NONE of my business. Please accept my apology.

Date: November 24, 2017 05:42PM

Good. Now go make me a sandwich.

Date: November 25, 2017 09:00PM

Actually, I apologize about my post above. It was just a joke. Don't know what I was thinking! Sorry.

Posted by: tanglefootjvwyc ()
Date: November 26, 2017 10:45AM

Glad to see I have someone enamored enough with me to try and be me. Now please go make me a sandwich and you might as well bring me a beer too.

Date: November 27, 2017 12:33AM

I am just kidding everyone make yourselves a sandwich, you all deserve it. Then pat yourself on the back, job well done.

Date: November 27, 2017 04:07PM

I have achieved FFXU hall of fame status since I now have a stalker

Posted by: 4TWL6 ()
Date: November 30, 2017 05:07PM

Neighbors would have to move away. Just put the property up for sale at regular prices, and make sure all the open houses are scheduled during a weekday when everyone up the street is sleeping off the latest orgy. If you can find a way to get together and sell all the surrounding land with your neighbors to a Chinese pig-farming conglomerate to develop into a huge operation surrounding the offending neighbor and their business, your revenge will be complete.

After all, who wants to attend a wedding orgy surrounded with eau-de-passel-d'swine?

Posted by: y6nch ()
Date: December 10, 2017 03:40PM

Haha...sounds like it already is owned by a pig farmer!

Posted by: not surprised ()
Date: December 12, 2017 01:56PM

why am I not surprised about the idiots that don't live in Hamilton. Being very familiar with the neighborhood I can fully understand not wanting an event center there. That kind of noise is not why people live in Hamilton. But being very familiar with what a flood plain is and how it works, what is the problem with parking there? That part of the complaint is the NIMBY you need better things to do problem you have

Posted by: dm9vt ()
Date: December 13, 2017 01:08PM

I guess I'm one of those idiots who are commenting without living in the town of Hamilton, but imagine if you will, a large wedding being celebrated near a floodplain next to a river which floods heavily several times a year.

All those vehicles on the grass can be overcome by floodwaters while the party is going on inside the establishment.
If that occurs, hopefully the only loss would be the vehicles and no human life.

If loss occurs, the victims would surely sue Loudoun County if they fail to safeguard them by allowing the wedding place to violate the floodplain and allow parking there.

Who allowed them to build such a place in a neighborhood anyhow?

Posted by: 7tg6x ()
Date: January 06, 2018 07:26AM

Looking at the legal notices in the local paper Zion Springs now wants to be a winery.
They are petitioning the ABC board for a license to make alcoholic beverages.
The ABC board is looking for objections to be registered at: www.abc.virginia.gov or to call them at 800/552-3200.

Posted by: Hamilton resident ()
Date: October 28, 2018 08:10PM

Zion Springs is trying to get their license to become a winery.

Get ready for more drunkards wandering around our yards and urinating on our bushes.

Have they ever rectified the parking issue?

If you oppose this please call Loudoun County to voice your opinion.

I still don't know how Loudoun County could have approved this sort of business on a residential street.
Guess that means no one on the board of supervisors lives on the once quiet residential street.

Posted by: bessiebeardsley ()
Date: May 28, 2020 04:43PM

If I were you, I would have got the media involved. In addition, social media platforms give the possibility to ruin someone’s reputation in a few days with properly chosen strategies and technique. You can start by creating a group named let’s say “No Zion Springs” and see how many people will support your idea. If you will gather a whole community when you have all the rights to go to the court and sew Zion Springs. I’m just curious do they make such a terrible noise during the night as well? I attended a wedding in Zion Springs a few years ago, but I didn’t think that the noise is spread all over the county to a such measure you describe. They hired professional event equipment services (here is their link https://www.ontourevents.co.uk/conference-audio-visual-hire), but anyway the music was more or less tolerable. Probably many things changed since then and they don’t take into account the resident’s request.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2020 01:20PM by bessiebeardsley.

Posted by: Hellen ()
Date: May 31, 2020 08:51AM

bessiebeardsley Wrote:

If I were you, I would have got the media involved. In addition, social media platforms give the possibility to ruin someone’s reputation in a few days with properly chosen strategies and technique. You can start by creating a group named let’s say “No Zion Springs” and see how many people will support your idea. If you will gather a whole community when you have all the rights to go to the court and sew Zion Springs. I’m just curious do they make such a terrible noise during the night as well? I attended a wedding in Zion Springs a few years ago, but I didn’t think that the noise is spread all over the county to a such measure you describe. They hired professional event equipment services (here is their link https://www.ontourevents.co.uk/conference-audio-visual-hire), but anyway the music was more or less tolerable. Probably many things changed since then and they don’t take into account the resident’s request.

Could you tell me some more information about it? Let’s talk in PM

Posted by: Angus Yzustein ()
Date: May 31, 2020 07:01PM

The ambiance of Zion Springs is wonderful. I have filmed several hardcore adult movies there and the host had been more than accommodating. My company use to produce numerous videos out of Van Nuys California but the taxes were killing us. A male performer had mentioned that he and his partner stayed at Zion Springs and after checking it out, I’m glad we’ve been able to shoot there because the taxes in California are absolutely ridiculous. The covid-19 scare temporary shutdown all my projects but I’m happy to say in mid to late June we’ll be back in business shooting a new feature film: Thai snatch meets Horsecock. Looking forward to getting back to Virginia and staying at this venue.

Posted by: vxngk ()
Date: June 03, 2020 04:17PM

Can't lick'em? Get some much needed added income for the county by raising taxes sky-high for adult - themed businesses in the county. Above they have declared they were driven out of Cali by high taxes. They gave away their Achilles heel!!! Raise the tax for adult businesses to 3X what they were paying in Cali!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.