HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Loudoun :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Route 7 and Beulah Road is a mess in the morning
Posted by: Tammy ()
Date: September 10, 2009 03:09PM

You want to know why? B/c the VDOT has been adjusting the traffic signals on Beaulah Road and Route 7 in order to make Beulah road more pleasent. What about people going Route 7 East! They get stuff all the way from Fairfax County Parkway all the way to the toll road. If you want to complain about this situation like I did write to VDOT!!!!

Mahmud.Hussain@VDOT.Virginia.gov

When I wrote to them they said that the light is going to be like that for awhile. That's going to "be the new traffic pattern". Please! Route 7 going east is bad enough in the mornings already without adjusting the traffic light for Beulah Road traffic!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Route 7 and Beulah Road is a mess in the morning
Posted by: Kiop ()
Date: September 11, 2009 08:13AM

You are correct. Do you know when this started? I noticed that it started last Spring time when traffic was congested at Beulah Road every morning around 7:30 am, more than it normally is around that time.

Posted by: Tammy ()
Date: September 11, 2009 02:35PM

Yes! That is when I emailed them was last Spring, and that is when I received the response!

Posted by: Aileen ()
Date: October 16, 2009 03:01PM

Anybody tried emailing?

Posted by: lot9 ()
Date: October 22, 2009 08:44AM

Accident on Route 7 and Beaulah Road this morning! What the hell is wrong with people!!!! As if that road isn't bad enough in the mornings already. That intersection kills me in the morning.

Posted by: Grandma ()
Date: October 25, 2009 11:29PM

Traffic congestion caused by poor light timing seems to be some sort of VDOT plot. I sometimes think they do it to force more road construction jobs and ensure generational employment for themselves.

"What, it's backed up at the light now? Wow, what a surprise. Obviously we need a bypass. We need an overpass, we need a new parkway..."

Posted by: chico ()
Date: November 02, 2009 09:23PM

Don't knock those overpasses. Think about how wonderful route 28 was prior to its overhaul. Bah!

Now I can cruise 70 on that road and not even flinch when I blow by a speed trap since some kid in a ricer is doing +10 on me.

Posted by: x6ujw ()
Date: June 17, 2019 07:34PM

This is a psyop, being done because so many are taking Rt 7 to go east instead of the "authority mandated" toll road. This is their scheme to keep driving everyone back to the toll road, it happens for awhile after each time the toll road fees go up.

They have future plans to add an extra lane to Rt 7 between Herndon/Dranesville area and the Tysons corner connection at the bridge over the toll road. That will be their trump card to get EVERYBODY over to the toll road. You better hope for a major raise in salary before that comes to pass, or you might as well take the bike paths all the way to DC.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.