HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Loudoun :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Do you consider Northern Virginia part of the South?
Posted by: Gregorio Washington ()
Date: March 11, 2016 02:42PM

Although the whole of Virginia is below the Mason-Dixon line, Northern Virginia seems to be culturally different from the rest of the state. I attribute this to all the interlopers from other parts of the country moving to our area to work for the government. They bring with them their customs and beliefs from their places of origins and I feel this seriously dilutes NoVa's southern heritage. Despite this, do you still consider yourself a Southerner, and do can Northern Virginia still be considered culturally part of the South? Or is it becoming more like Silicon Valley on the East Coast?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you consider Northern Virginia part of the South?
Posted by: FukYokkKulture ()
Date: March 12, 2016 07:31PM

Screw our southern heritage, we northerners rule this state.

Posted by: SpiltBlood ()
Date: March 30, 2016 09:48PM

Fuck You Yankee!

Posted by: Edwin DuPont ()
Date: March 31, 2016 08:56AM

I'm so sick and fucking tired of these fucking carpetbaggers taking over the state. Virginia is and ALWAYS WILL BE part of the South. You can be proud of yoru southern Heritage and not be racist, despite what the Yanks say.

Posted by: UKkshwo ()
Date: April 10, 2016 03:40AM

Hahahaha! while I can't deny that Virginia's traditionally been a part of the south and it's also below the MD line, Northern Virginia's culture is far from Southern. Nova, is extremely diverse and if not, heavily hispanic, who have no connection with southern culture. I imagine if you flew a confederate flag, there'd be a riot. If you want the South, you'll have to go about an hour west or south from here.

Posted by: welcome to the New Middle East ()
Date: April 11, 2016 09:06PM

Posted by: Robert Anderson ()
Date: April 26, 2016 10:44AM

NOVA is part of the South, yes, definitely. It has plenty of yankees, sure, but all can get along.

Posted by: DJ ()
Date: June 23, 2016 06:34PM

Depends on how far you go outside of the beltway as being part of the South.. The beltway inside is DEFINITELY NOT.. I think if you removed Fairfax Arlington and Alexandria you'd probably be ok to include the other parts of NoVA as part of the South despite the seepage of foreigners into Eastern Loudoun and Eastern PWC..

Posted by: DEA ()
Date: June 23, 2016 08:39PM

All the same, full of hicks and darkies. Slightly better than Cainetucky. The south will forever be dumb, fat, and slow.

Posted by: Frommyexperience ()
Date: November 01, 2016 07:54PM

You have to get to around Fredericksburg to experience any remote Southern hospitality. Leesburg, Warrenton, Manassas, are all watered down Southern, but mainly just become part of the Mid Atlantic region.

Posted by: ok ()
Date: December 08, 2016 08:12AM

"The south will forever be dumb, fat, and slow."

like your skanky mother...

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.