HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Loudoun :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Loudoun County internet options
Posted by: Anonymous279 ()
Date: December 08, 2015 09:06AM

What kind of high speed internet options are there in Loudoun aside from Verizon and Comcast? I'm in Ashburn Village and I have Comcast internet with 25mbps speed. When I talked to Verizon last year, the fastest speed they could provide was 3mbps.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Loudoun County internet options
Posted by: craig ()
Date: December 08, 2015 10:38AM

I'm in Potomac Falls. I have Comcast 150/25. I had FIOS 75/75.

That's pretty much is in Loudoun.

Re: Loudoun County internet options
Posted by: 10730ao ()
Date: January 01, 2016 01:56AM

I lived in Ashburn Village and we had Comcast. You can get Blast internet which was 50 mbps, and there were two even faster levels above that, but you had to have the 2nd tier bundle or higher to qualify for the equipment to be installed, at least at that time--that is, a subscription level above the lowest basic. It (the upgrade to Blast) worked great for us, we upgraded to Blast because the basic internet level that came with basic level cable just could not support the heavy usage by the gamers, movie buffs, etc all living with the 6+ computers in the house. The only problem was that it is very expensive to wire up 4 rooms with the extra TV stuff/extra boxes needed even with 4 people sharing the monthly cost. I started out with my own modem router, but the cable company made us rent theirs after they upgraded their system, so that added to the bill. High expense is the problem with all the companies offering the higher internet speeds. They are charging high prices in the rich areas that they think can be used as cash cows so that they can pay for the free internet services they are trying to offer in the poor areas, schools, and countryside where no service currently exists or where people can't pay $220/month for a full bundle.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.