HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Loudoun :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Broad Run Stream Valley
Posted by: LOCO Relocater ()
Date: August 04, 2015 03:26PM

Thinking about moving to Loudoun County. I like parks and LC doesn't seem to have any. So I walked about 5 miles along trails - some paved, some not - in the Broad Run Stream Valley - through Brambleton and Loudoun Valley Estates. Just wanted to check it out. I noticed along a lot of sections where the gravity sewer follows Broad Run - there was a noticeable odor of sewage. Don't usually get this in Fairfax County stream valleys. Is this seasonal or common year round?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Broad Run Stream Valley
Posted by: HhW7X ()
Date: August 12, 2015 03:29PM

it is seasonal. goes away in colder months.

Posted by: Whenretiredwillmove ()
Date: November 23, 2015 01:11PM

When I moved to Loudoun County (about 2007) there were very strict rules about not building along streams and replacement of wetlands with land filled developments. You were not even allowed to cut down any trees and had to get permission from the HOA to change your landscaping in the garden. There was at the time lots of parkland trees, birds and wildlife co-existing around the housing developments. In the last several years, it seems that all of this has been thrown out the window. Developers are being given the do ahead to build density housing right up to the streams, instead of leaving the natural areas as parks. I have seen the birds disappear more and more, along with the butterflies and other natural life, in our garden. I used to wake up early in the spring and the din of the robins in the area would be louder than my alarm clock. Now we are lucky if one or two robins show up at all in the area, and other various species birds once common have been scarce to non-existant around our community. If you drive along Russell Branch in Ashburn, all the nice wooded areas have been leveled and are being replaced by more tarmacked development. Ashburn used to be a nice place to live, but the developers can't seem to wait to make it into another "Falls Church/Annandale."

Posted by: Niggers stink ()
Date: November 27, 2015 03:13PM

Nigger babies are ugly

Posted by: LOCOKnowitALL ()
Date: December 04, 2015 11:32AM

LOCO was allowed to self adopt the CBPA-Ches Bay Preservation Act - and choose not too. So as mentioned there are very few limitations on development- most are self-imposed regulations. The area where Broad Run flows near Rt 28 has been waived almost completely to encourage commercial development in that area.

But you are correct LC Parks and Recs has limited land when compared to Fxx Cty.

I am an avid mountain biker and there are virtually no trails in LOCO.

LOCO Relocater Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thinking about moving to Loudoun County. I like
> parks and LC doesn't seem to have any. So I
> walked about 5 miles along trails - some paved,
> some not - in the Broad Run Stream Valley -
> through Brambleton and Loudoun Valley Estates.
> Just wanted to check it out. I noticed along a
> lot of sections where the gravity sewer follows
> Broad Run - there was a noticeable odor of sewage.
> Don't usually get this in Fairfax County stream
> valleys. Is this seasonal or common year round?

Posted by: 109345 ()
Date: April 12, 2016 07:05PM

There is a really nice place to live in Loudoun County that is right next to the Balls Bluff Park which is full of trails and is along the Potomac River. I lived there temporarily for a couple of years and it is the best place in Loudoun County, especially if you love to walk and like to take your pets out to the woods for a run or walk. Just a couple of miles north of this neighborhood is a ferry across the Potomac River, so you can easily reach toe C & O Canal towpath trail on the other side, for long hikes.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.