HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Loudoun :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
phone scammers canvassing throughout the area
Posted by: EYEINTHESKY ()
Date: September 02, 2014 12:51PM

If you see these numbers on your caller ID don't bother picking up. They are PHONE-PEST SCAMMERS after your money or ID VIA SOCIAL ENGINEERING:

1.ARAMJ Corp. 267-424-2004 ATTEMPTS TO EXTORT MONEY VIA VARIOUS FALSE PRETENSE (LEGAL/UNPAID BILL/ETC. rEPORTED TO BE RUDE, CONTROLLING AND VIOLENT TOWARD RESISTORS.

2.ROBERTO ORTIZ NEW YORK? SELLING " LIFE ALERT," TARGETS TO SENIORS 212-662-4579. NOTED AS "UNTRUSTWORTHY BUSINESS" BY THOSE EXPERIENCING THEM.

3. 206-701-0285 INDIAN "YOUR COMPUTER HAS A VIRUS " SCAM--EXTORTS MONEY TO "FIX" YOUR COMPUTER, DOWNLOADS REAL VIRUSES SO THAT YOU MUST RETURN TO THEM AGAIN AND AGAIN FOR MORE "FIXING"--(THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH YOUR COMPUTER UNTIL THEY GET THEIR HANDS ON IT!)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: phone scammers canvassing throughout the area
Posted by: lanie ()
Date: September 03, 2014 08:56AM

Got a call from a fake Windows representative and she said I got virus on my computer. I thought scam callers had a foreign accent but the person I talked spoke perfect English. She was convincing. Had I not known about this scam, I might have been convinced.

Posted by: lanie ()
Date: September 03, 2014 09:00AM

The phone number that came up on my caller ID was 520-877-3528. It looks like it's been reported by several others, too. I found http://www.callercenter.com/520-877-3528.html/2 along with several complaints associating the phone number to this fake tech support scam.

Posted by: tired of telemarketers ()
Date: September 22, 2014 02:21PM

Here's another one with a Leesburg (spoofed?) phone number: 571-252-3996 Washington Post-Pests

Posted by: shogun ()
Date: October 08, 2014 12:42PM

Here is another scam making the rounds: 408-880-6322--"scam Home Security" company trying to sell you a GE Security system for $40.00/month. They use spoofed numbers to hide their regular number based in the san jose/cupertino or sunnyvale area of California. The caller ID varies from "not available" to 408-880-6322 to 714-418-6834, which apparently may be the number behind the spoofed number. They call multiple times a day--pesky.

Posted by: 6bCcG ()
Date: October 17, 2014 10:25PM

How to protect yourself from telephone scammers in 3 easy steps:

1) Get caller ID
2) Don't answer the damn phone unless you know who it is
3) If someone leaves a message telling you to call back, and you don't konw who they are, don't call them back. Free your mind. You have no obligations.

Free tip:

If someone knocks on your door and you don't know who they are, don't open the door or even acknowledge that you are even at home.

Posted by: EYEINTHESKY ()
Date: November 11, 2014 01:14PM

New scammer list of telescammers working the area:
(A) 703-651-5745 Caller ID will say "teliax" (which is actually the name of the really cheap cut-rate telemarketing phone system service system they are using to make the robocalls). If you answer the phone they insist that they are calling you back (1) Because "you called them due to interest in buying their (scam) TV product; (2) Because "you responded to "the ad on TV" for a "back brace".
They are targeting seniors on Medicare so that they can bill medicare for the "back braces." The telephone calls are scripted and engineered and recorded as "evidence that you really wanted the back brace " if you "call them back." This gets them off the hook when the Feds ask for proof of why their billing Medicare for all these back braces. FRAUD. (We don't know yet if anyone really wanting a back brace has actually received the merchandise from these hucksters). They work off a list of everyone receiving Medicare benefits. They are using the name "Senior Care" which is also the name of a large number of legitimate organizations, so respond at your own risk. Normally ads on TV give an 800 number and you call that, you don't wait for some unknown local scammer to call you back later thinking you "forgot to order" off the TV.

(B) 434-658-1210 (Capron, VA) shows up on your caller ID but it ispossibly a number from from a Virginia state prison (out in the boonies of Virginia near the NC border), called, "Deerfield Correctional Center, 21360 Deerfield Road, Capron, VA 23839." They may be running a call center type work program out of there and of course such opportunities soon become abused.
Reports indicate another medicare "back brace" type Medicare scam, but with possible foreign involvement being reported frequently by people called. Same scam as above, just a different number calling.

Posted by: CrescentCovert ()
Date: November 23, 2014 10:43PM

Here is the solution to those fed up with telemarketing and every other phone scam. You can start a lucrative business, turning the tables on them completely. Here's the link to the guys' website who started this--great idea for those of you just sitting around looking for a job. Go into your own business and have a load of fun knowing that they will be paying you for your time to the tune of $500. a call, a spam mail, a text, a fax....These guys dreamed up this legal contract and were successful in court, the spammers lost because it is the law. If you use it you will need to create your own company but the contract itself he says can be reused by anyone.

Posted by: CrescentCovert ()
Date: November 23, 2014 10:46PM

OOps--Forgot the link:
www.thoughteater.com/cramm.html

Their posted sample contract is called "Marketing Materials Review and Analysis"

Posted by: A-DCProf ()
Date: November 25, 2014 11:18AM

The AMMYY scam (mentioned above) is pretty prevalent and persistent. We're getting 2 calls a week from those knuckleheads. When I say something like "Oh...this is the AMMYY Scam" they really start fast talking...I only hear a little as I'm hanging up.

Here's another that has popped up recently. Get legal help and call the IRS at whatever number. The IRS will NEVER CALL YOU! They send mail...and when serious, they send certified mail.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.