HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Loudoun :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Jim Lemonyon tries to pull a fast one!
Posted by: SR Guy ()
Date: April 09, 2013 10:51AM

So I get this email for Jim Lemunyon

Dear Neighbor,

As you may know, the General Assembly acted during the 2013 session to improve the integrity of our elections by requiring photo ID to vote and empowering the Attorney General to investigate voting irregularities. Virginia has already been cooperating with some other states to review duplicate voter registrations, with my support and the support of others in the General Assembly. In case you missed it, I thought you might want to read this recent article on the topic from the Washington Post here, which notes that more than 300,000 duplicate registrations have been identified recently.

I'll continue to monitor the progress of the State Board of Elections on this issue.

Kind regards,

Jim LeMunyon
Member, Virginia House of Delegates
67th District

What does duplicate entries on voter registrations rolls have to do with having to produce a photo ID to vote? There is no logic there.

Perhaps finding a way to tighten up the rolls would better serve the people of the commonwealth, but requiring Photo ID's, after the Republican Legislature just last year promised they wouldn't require through legislation, Is disingenuous at best. This

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jim Lemonyon tries to pull a fast one!
Posted by: Ralph Pootawn ()
Date: April 09, 2013 10:54AM

So, when I go to vote, they ask me for ID. I could tell them "no" and vote anyway?

Posted by: WhereisGoldwaterwhenyouneedhim ()
Date: April 09, 2013 11:27AM

went to my inbox and actually opened the same email after reading this post.

They will do anything the suppress the Democratic vote. Remember when the Republican Senators in Richmond tried to change the electoral vote assigning process to favor rural Virginians? Remember when they tried to squash college kids from registering to vote at their college addresses by threatening their parents with the loss of tax deductions?

Rachel Maddow talked about this voter ID law in Virginia last night. We are not stupid, Jim. You need to apologize for sending out, at best, a poorly composed, not well thought out, and jumbled email, or, as what may have been, an email written under the assumption your constituents have no logic skills.

Posted by: Just Asking ()
Date: April 09, 2013 10:19PM

Uh, if it's unlawful to buy a freakin' BEER in this country without a form of government photo identification, I don't have any problem at all with making this a requirement to vote. It's about time we bring "democracy" up to speed with the rest of the world.

Posted by: FUNdamental ()
Date: April 10, 2013 09:38AM

Just Asking Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Uh, if it's unlawful to buy a freakin' BEER in
> this country without a form of government photo
> identification, I don't have any problem at all
> with making this a requirement to vote. It's
> about time we bring "democracy" up to speed with
> the rest of the world.

It's not unlawful to buy a beer in this country without a phot ID, it unlawful to buy a beer if you are under 21 years old.

Posted by: Rachel Maddow ()
Date: April 20, 2013 09:54AM

Thanks for putting the FUN in fundamental. I appreciate you trying to bring a little levity to world. You are correct, it is illegal to purchase beer if you are under 21 years of age, and it is illegal to sell beer to anyone under the age of 21. In order to avoid the sale of beer to anyone under 21, merchants check government issued photo ID's of customers for proof of age. Similarly, poll workers should be checking government issued photo ID's of voters for proof that the voter is not committing fraud. I see these procedures as essentially the same. The argument that this procedure will cause undue burden on someone is blatantly racist, since you have to believe that certain minorities are not as capable of obtaining ID's as the general populace. Freedom does require some level of personal responsibility, and giving free passes doesn't make our great country stronger. Using the "little old poor blind black woman that just wants to vote one last time before she dies but can't afford to get the government issued photo ID" line does pull on the heart strings, but its disingenuous at best.

Posted by: MULLING ()
Date: May 20, 2013 04:25PM

Most counties around the DC area have social services agencies and volunteer groups that assist the aging and non-driving population with assistance, rides to medical and other appointments, etc. There is even a little bus that goes around in Fairfax and picks them up fr $.50 (it may have changed, but still very cheap for a ride anywhere these days). And, the DMVs will issue authentic government ID cards to anyone who cannot obtain a regular drivers license. And I am sure that there are groups from most of the political parties who volunteer to take rideless folks to vote, with pleasure.

What I do wonder about is, if there are 300,000 duplicated voter registrations, and the state of Virginia regularly trawls the voter registration lists looking for undiscovered residents who are living under the radar of the state database vacuum cleaners, aka possible tax dodgers, why they have not been found out long before this turned up on a voter name audit list!

And I also wonder why certain people get called for jury duty off these rolls nearly every year or two, when with all these duplicate names in that database, there should be 300000 fewer chances that the same person will be picked every time...and there should be 300000 residents who are finding out that they have been "cloned" as per their now multiple identity problems...yet nothing like this is getting into the media, who would love to salivate over it if it is true.

Posted by: JewellDo ()
Date: December 24, 2013 04:08PM

Does Virginia actually check the list of voters and the list of DMV license and DMV ID holders against the lists of state residents and their social security numbers?
And do they then run these lists against the obituary and death index and lists of "moved out of state" people? Doubt it!!!. I know of a person who has been living in Virginia for at least 5 years (maybe even longer by now) and NEVER got on the government rolls anywhere here. Of course, in this case he does not vote or do anything to get himself in trouble). It is very easy to do if you are not working at an established type employer and don't live in any place where you have to sign up for utilities or take responsibility in your name for an apartment. (People doing this find it so easy as all they have to do is shack up with a significant other who has a good job and can cover all the responsibilities.

So When people sell their houses they often move out of state, also leaving a list of possible identities to steal right there in the newspaper "real estate bought and sold" sections for any crook to use. Ditto for the obits and births section--spread out all over the local newspaper for anyone to "peruse and use."

Also, does state law require AND enforce the employer--no matter who they are, "above" ground or "underground", to document their employees hired, to the state of Virginia--even if said employee is paid only with cash and/or tips? I suspect not, for if they were actually doing this, there would not be 300,000 "unaccounted for ghost voters" with the same names as a current (or child or dead) resident out there voting.

Also, do they have any laws that require each new baby born to be counted, documented and signed up as a resident of the state? Many of the "illegal" immigrants sneak in here to have their kids here for citizenship purposes and may not be going to a hospital to have their baby, where records will be kept-- they either have the kid at home or go to a midwife friend living here from their same country of origin, so again, no official records get kept of the baby, until it starts school. "Undocumented babies" are getting free education now, and then they get to "sign up" for their legitimate Social security card to boot. Can that be happening also?
Thats why a house with 20 residents and / or extended family living there cannot be found with all its actual residents listed in any official state or local government data bases--it is listed as a house with only 1 or 2 adults, because THEY have actually bought the house, (combined their cash made in the underground cash economy, and paid cash for it), probably buying owner to buyer IN A DEAL from another member of their ethnic community, again leaving no traces except for the one paying the taxes on it and owning the deed, who is going to have a green card most likely. If that one has a green card, no one will deign to look further. The owner will be the one with the green card.
And have you noticed that once an illegal immigrant "buys" or otherwise gets to occupy a house, if they ever do move, it will only be "sold" to another same type of "immigrant?" They do not always go through the normal process where you use a realtor in many cases, or they will use only a realtor of their ethnic background who plays this game too. This is how a neighborhood will start out with being totally mixed at first, then gradually becomes solid packed with all members of the same immigrant group buying up the houses as they come up for sale and keeping them all to themselves if they sell out.

So when those people specializing in providing illegal ID make an ID, all they have to do is troll through the death /obituary/house sales and moving owners files for names (and you can find the published SS number of the deceased people freely on the internet to boot), create a new ID with that to sell the new illegal immigrant using a resurrected number and document, and/or get wind through the underground buzz of some crook secretly working at the DMV making extra money under the table by providing the ID or license as if it were real. Then the "newly resurrected" "person" moves to a town where no one knew the deceased, and sets up self as a cash business in the underground economy, or gets hired as a contractor paid cash under the table by one of his country compatriots, less money spent, who checks??? If you look up any person on the internet, you are apt to find that there are many people of the same name and that many have a death notice listed.
So the only way these people would ever get found out would be if someone complained that they are living far beyond their means for the jobs they are doing, or it becomes a "suspected tax evader" turn-in situation by someone who knows them.
In closing, the only way the state MIGHT find out about such illegals using duplicate ID would be to issue a bounty for when other folks get suspicious and turn them in, sort of like the current tax evader turn-in thing that Fairfax County uses, but I do not think they are paying bounties for a turn-in at this time. Then the state would have to do an in depth investigation of all the members of the turned in group/"family" and their origin, etc., find out which ones are using a deceased persons ID, and the persons turning them in would get a bounty if it turns up a case.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.