HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Loudoun :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
South Riding Raceway
Posted by: 1amishman ()
Date: July 24, 2008 09:38PM

My commute takes me through South Riding on Loudoun County Parkway. Since I choose to commute through a community I do not even live in I try to respect the speed limit as there are usually a lot of bikers, joggers, walkers about. I try to keep it no more than low 50's in the 45 mph area... anyway; every single day there a handful of drivers who seem to think this is a drag strip - 65 mph is common right past the new Dulles Safety Center. And the most curious thing is that from my observation a very high percentage of the drag racers are South Riding residents.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: South Riding Raceway
Posted by: MtVernonManor ()
Date: September 05, 2009 05:05PM

If you don't live in South Riding, how do you know they're residents?

Posted by: Guest 123 ()
Date: September 08, 2009 12:55PM

Perhaps they all have those lame SR stickers on the back of their minivans?

Posted by: Grandma ()
Date: October 25, 2009 11:24PM

I find that almost no one obeys speed limits anywhere anymore, unless a police car or speed camera is in view. No one thinks those rules apply to them.

Posted by: chico ()
Date: November 02, 2009 09:24PM

One person bitches traffic is tied up. Build an overpass. Then whining that traffic is too slow on a four laner. Hey - get a clue. k.thx

Posted by: 1amishman ()
Date: November 04, 2009 11:25PM

So I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, but I don't think it's a stretch to assume most people pulling onto Dabner Drive, Donegal Drive and Edgewater Street off of Loudoun County Parkway are driving to and from home.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.