HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Burke :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
burke represent!
Posted by: qwerty ()
Date: March 29, 2005 11:00AM

everyone knows burke is the spot

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: burke represent!
Posted by: infinitcash ()
Date: April 05, 2005 09:42PM

oh yea?

Date: April 06, 2005 10:01AM

BWAAAAAAHAHAHA. Thats pretty funny. I used to live in Burke. The only thing I can say is that it's a decent spot to raise kids, if you have'em. But your kids will hate you because they'll need to be able to get outside of Burke to do just about anything. Needless to say, I will be moving back to Burke when it's time for me to have kids.

Posted by: NOT133t0_h4><oR ()
Date: April 06, 2005 08:13PM

True, but can you buy in? The house down the street from me sold for $420K. And, yes, I have 2 kids. *nod*

So, since i am new to this board - how safe are we from BigBrother(tm)? I gonna venture the big fat Nada. Is that the consensus?

Posted by: Cary ()
Date: April 06, 2005 10:27PM

pretty damn safe. I'm not a Springfieldite but i'm the forum admin so I'll respond. I run this server on my own box, at the isp that i work for. Nothing can happen "behind my back." IP addresses and the such will NEVER be released! log files are rotated and encrypted daily, and deleted completely weekly. I've been meaning to add an "about" section with this information. Maybe I'll do that now.

Date: April 07, 2005 02:51PM

You can rarely find SFH's in the burke area. But it's spring, now is the time when real estate starts going on the market. Besides that though, I have a house I can move into pretty much whenever I want. My mom still lives in Burke and my wife and I are actually helping her pay the bills. So eventually when we're ready to have a family, We'll move in and convert the basement into an apartment for my mom and have her "sell" the house to us. At first didn't like the idea and thought that we were sort of forced into it, but then we explained to her why it would be great for all of us.

Posted by: Bob ()
Date: July 01, 2005 01:46PM

NOT133t0_h4>True, but can you buy in? The house down the street from me sold for $420K.
>And, yes, I have 2 kids. *nod*

A house, where?? The townhomes in my neighborhood are selling for just under $500K. The houses are starting just under $600, but being bid well over $600K.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: August 19, 2005 08:54PM

I've lived here all my life ......so maybe I just don't know better.....but I must say things are consistantly good around here. When there has been a fire in my area, there have been a thousand firetrucks within minutes. When a crime is committed......wait, never mind. There hasn't been any serious crime. ;) The schools are awesome and the dust will have settled at Lake Braddock by ther time my daughter gets there.

It does seem that all the restaurants are always crowded. Maybe we need a few more.?

Oh, I heard tonight that there is an article in the Fairfax Journal that says the Outback in Twinbrook shopping center was closed (or is closed) for health code problems. That's scary. I'd imagine the corporate folks at Outback will get them in line real quick now though.

I haven't read that article myself yet so take that as a rumor.

GO BURKE!

Posted by: phillip ()
Date: August 26, 2005 09:36AM

Don't move to burke housing is so expensive to raise a family.

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: August 29, 2005 10:29AM

phillip Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Don't move to burke housing is so expensive to
> raise a family.

Yeah, go anywhere else in the DC metropolitan area and it's really affordable.

Posted by: Adam ()
Date: September 08, 2005 01:34AM

pgens Wrote:
> phillip Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Don't move to burke housing is so expensive
> to
> > raise a family.
>
> Yeah, go anywhere else in the DC metropolitan area
> and it's really affordable.
>
>

BUYING A HOUSE IN FAIRFAX = SELLING YOUR FIRST BABY

Posted by: uhhcyaa ()
Date: September 19, 2006 11:04AM

i would never move to burke. alot of societal problems with people who think they are in gangs.... just where i would want my kids to be raised. I went to school at robinson - adults have no idea how it is on the inside.

Posted by: DebussysChild ()
Date: April 04, 2007 06:09PM

Burke is wonderful, but our area is getting to be quite expensive to live in. That's probably due to the fact that half of us commute into the district to work and make more moolah there that goes a little further where we live. One thing I'd like to see is more people utilizing the Metro Bus and the Metro Rail. Everyone knows that the Braddock Road/Little River Turnpike crawl to 495 in the morning is a complete pain in the a**. Granted, it's what defines that little area, it's not necessary for there to be hundreds of thousands of cars waiting in a very long line, 85% of which are carrying only one passenger. I'm a college student and I work as an intern for Alion Science and Technology, and since I'm not full-time I can't get a parking sticker for the garage under our building. So, I take the express bus to the Pentagon and take the train right to my office. Literally. It's the Navy Yard stop and it's directly across the street from the building. Granted, the metro IS crowded in the morning, more people should try to take it. It's worth it when you don't have to play bumper tag with some jackass who is reading the newspaper and trying to drive at the same time. Catch my drift?

Posted by: § ()
Date: April 12, 2007 01:20PM

Yeah, I caught it. Now it hurts to pee. -§

Posted by: PhiberOptik ()
Date: July 10, 2007 02:10PM

uhhcyaa Wrote:
> i would never move to burke. alot of societal
> problems with people who think they are in
> gangs.... just where i would want my kids to be
> raised. I went to school at robinson - adults have
> no idea how it is on the inside.

I just graduated a few months ago :D Horray for me! Umm... trust me, I know the insides. Everyone knows of the ghetto gang banger homies that rob 7-11's that live in .... CLIFTON! I know 3 white kids who live in Clifton whom's homes are 3 times bigger than mine and they think they are in the bloods.

Posted by: burning penis ()
Date: November 26, 2007 11:56PM

ouch i caught it too this vegetable/little debbie diet is pullin a number in (up until now) really was a room for rest and relaxation. maybe i should start driving again this time i SWEAR it would only be in the densest of loops. FucK Woodson and no one is EVER on the METRO buses except like the 15 minutes before 9 i guess

Posted by: Unit 8 ()
Date: August 20, 2019 04:45PM

12 year bump.

Posted by: Blabber ()
Date: August 21, 2019 11:51PM

Unit 8!!!!! C'mon, wake up the Annoying Family thread! Bump it, say some funny shit! You have toyal control! Tell us what you think about that wack job lady that claims to be a personal trainer!

Posted by: Unit 8-er fan! ()
Date: August 22, 2019 03:38PM

Yo Unit 8, what you know about that Annoying Family thread? Bump that shit!!!! Lay down some lyrics like you know how to do! Bitch slap dem with dat street cred and wit from above. Yeah BOIIIIIIIII!

Posted by: Bigtime burke ()
Date: September 19, 2019 02:46PM

Time for Annoying Family to represent!! Close to 3100 views! Big time popular!!!

Posted by: Night Watchman ()
Date: September 25, 2019 01:57AM

Nah, son. We be up all hours, checkin dem numbers. Unit 8 up in here, and those family number done flown passed 3100! Shattering dem spped records! Boom, dawg, Burke is representin for realz, yo!

Posted by: Up watchin dat night ()
Date: September 28, 2019 01:28AM

That der family thread just climbing! Keep it going!! Sad asses checking in, mak8ng sure their name is attatched to some thing other rhan divorce documents!

Posted by: Tiger Balls ()
Date: September 30, 2019 09:20AM

I use to live in Burke and found it to be very boring. The schools there are very mediocre. The only positive is that Chick Fil A finally opened there. Other than that there is really nothing else.

Posted by: Life of the party!!! ()
Date: September 30, 2019 01:00PM

Dear God, did Chick Fil A really save you and your loathsome life?

Posted by: Michael S ()
Date: October 01, 2019 01:49AM

Hmmm, the AF don't give a shit about Chick Fil A, or church. The used to get all the UFC fights on pay per view, drinking their way through Saturday nights, back in the day, letting their son and other underage kids drink freely. I was there, having fun, the mom flashed her tits to a few of us.

Posted by: Prime Rib Delight ()
Date: October 10, 2019 08:17PM

What is AF dressing up as this year for Halloween? Nearly 3200 views!!! 2019 has truly been a very special year!!

Posted by: Cutie pieC delixe ()
Date: October 17, 2019 11:17PM

Wow, I remember back in the day, handys to HER gavprites to the lacrosse team. Prob cuz James hurt his wrist and couldn't do it himself! All that Oxy, never heard p8f Oxy-wrist before, hahaha! 3232 and climbing!!!!

Posted by: mas representation ()
Date: October 30, 2019 11:37AM

Bump and represent!

Posted by: Lucky man ()
Date: November 10, 2019 02:28AM

Yo, AF, how's it hanging???

Posted by: 34 club ()
Date: November 19, 2019 11:46PM

3400 views, Annoying Family is certainly the thing to share! The happiest of gofts for the holiday season!!

Posted by: Over 3500 ()
Date: December 11, 2019 03:40AM

Dem Annoying Family folk, shit, how dumb. Their syeroid infused son is a pock mark of embarassing press with steroid use. That group of do do birds will never learn..

Posted by: Capt 2020 ()
Date: December 28, 2019 12:56PM

Bumping all night long!

Posted by: Bumpin since '86 ()
Date: January 24, 2020 12:55PM

Loving dem Bumps!!!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.