HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Burke :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Federal Investigation Opened - RE: LBSS Sexual Harassment & Ensuing FCPS Cover-up
Posted by: I DON'T TINK SO.........MAAAAAN! ()
Date: November 06, 2017 05:13PM

Good afternoon BURKE!

In lieu of tonight's LBSS Booster Club meeting, I wanted to make sure you are all aware of the following:

Per letter dated November 2nd 2017, the United States Department of Education's Office of Civil Rights has announced that they have opened and will be conducting a formal investigation of the events that occurred at Lake Braddock regarding both the sexual harassment that occurred during the 2015-16 season on the LBSS girl's varsity basketball team and the subsequent sham investigations and cover-up by FCPS administrators and the Fairfax County School Board.

Presumably, this investigation will include LBSS Athletic Director Karl Kern's involvement in the retaliatory employment action taken against former LBSS football coach Jim Poythress and all of the actions taken by LBSS Principal Dave Thomas in response to the harassment that occurred.

Two additional/related items for you:

1. School Board Member Megan McLaughlin will be hosting a community round-table discussion at LBSS this Wednesday November 8th from 7:00 - 8:30 pm in the multi-purpose room (enter at Door #17 just to the right of the front entrance). The round-table discussion will focus on the upcoming budget projections, the new superintendent's goals, as well as any other issues or concerns you wish to discuss (i.e. the just announced federal investigation).

2. You can also ask Principal Thomas and/or Schoolboard member McLaughlin on when you can catch the next presentation of Principal Thomas' "Bulletproof" professional development seminar - which has been wildly popular among FCPS administrators and school board members, Virginia Department of Education officials, and Superintendents and executives of neighboring school districts. Please see below for a previous invitation that was sent out that explicitly details the topics that Principal Thomas will cover in his presentation.

P.S. In case you missed it back at the end of June, here is the Washington Post article that details what occurred that precipitated the federal investigation:
https://www.washingtonpost. com/sports/highschools/at- lake-braddock-sexual- harassment-accusations- personnel-changes-and- lingering-resentment/2017/06/ 29/59a3d00e-5536-11e7-a204- ad706461fa4f_story.html?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Federal Investigation Opened - RE: LBSS Sexual Harassment & Ensuing FCPS Cover-up
Posted by: Who falls ()
Date: November 06, 2017 08:27PM

Bout time. Who goes down odds. 95% Thomas is done. What are the lines on Ramey, Sills, and Fatso?

Re: Federal Investigation Opened - RE: LBSS Sexual Harassment & Ensuing FCPS Cover-up
Posted by: L'chaim ()
Date: November 07, 2017 09:10AM

L'chaim - Mr. Thomas & Karl

Posted by: For Deis I Tink So Maaaaaan! ()
Date: November 07, 2017 12:31PM

How u like dem Apples?????

Posted by: LB Alum ()
Date: November 07, 2017 01:05PM

Give Poythress his program back, promote within the school for the new Athletic Director, and give Dave Thomas the boot. There are a few sub-school principals that left LB who I thought were more capable of leading the school than Thomas (There are a couple now, and even some teachers I feel are capable if that is possible). I just hope this investigation and situation gets resolved quickly for all the current and future Bruins.

Posted by: LB Parent ()
Date: November 08, 2017 12:35PM

As a concerned parent, I don't feel safe sending my kids to school knowing that there's illegal distribution of adult stimulating toys. This is absolutely ridiculous and fcps needs to do something about it.

Posted by: Wise One ()
Date: November 08, 2017 04:49PM

Not sure if this is Miller, Park or Poythress....but words of wisdom for all 3.

IMG_7894.JPG

Posted by: Parents against Naughty toys ()
Date: November 10, 2017 12:25PM

LB Parent Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> As a concerned parent, I don't feel safe sending
> my kids to school knowing that there's illegal
> distribution of adult stimulating toys. This is
> absolutely ridiculous and fcps needs to do
> something about it.

I agree, it's obvious lake Braddock doesnt take these pleasure tools seriously my son is a senior and says that he can't sit in class without hearing the incumbent buzzing of these terrible devices being used mostly by the females of the school. It has become a huge distraction in the classroom it makes one wonder how soon it will be before we as parents must take matters into our own hands and try to pass legislation to ban stores like Spencer's that sell these illicit items to minors who use them in schools.

Posted by: Coach Clark ()
Date: November 11, 2017 11:42AM

Will Mike Clark be involved in all this ?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.