HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Burke :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Burke's opinion on Marijuana
Posted by: R ()
Date: October 15, 2012 11:17PM

Is this an area where the residents are very strict about marijuana? if you are spotted smoking, would they call the police or see it as not a big deal?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Burke's opinion on Marijuana
Posted by: smokeeryday ()
Date: October 16, 2012 08:07AM

lol i live in burke and i literally just casually hit my handheld vape or a spliff almost every morning when I walk my dog. Never been caught and I've been doing this almost daily for the past 2 years. What I don't recommend is driving around or riding around while burning a blunt or something, especially if you are guy under 25 yrs old (or black or mexican lookin, LOL). If a cop stops you for any bullshit reason (AND THEY WILL), they WILL smell it and even if they don't they'll make up some bullshit reason and search you. And even though a first time weed charge isn't really a big deal anymore, it's still a criminal offense in virginia and it means going to court, probation/drug testing, community service, drug diversion, and overall a huge headache/waste of time and money. And if it's your second or third time, or if you have other schedule 1 drugs, and you don't have a good lawyer, ur pretty much fucked. In the end, just don't be stupid and you should be fine. Avoid smoking in cars and try to just smoke indoors in the comfort of your own or your friends' homes. If you live with your parents and you have to smoke outdoors with your buddies just go hide in a forest haha. Wow, sorry for the loooong ass post but I'm pretty baked....

Posted by: desufnoc ()
Date: November 04, 2012 06:14PM

Are you serious dude? lol

I have been living at burke and have been dry for more than 8 months (and yes I have been looking around). Ya I miss smoking in the forest, my buddies and I did that a lot

Posted by: OvieIsWash'dUp ()
Date: February 22, 2013 10:23PM

420 BLAZE IT FAGGOT

Posted by: darlene ()
Date: April 06, 2014 12:47PM

Any tolerance with substance abuse hurts own young people. They are very astute to the contradictions about marijuana use. They see legalization efforts and then have to live under laws that will place them in diversion programs, if caught or arrested, if they persist with their use. We need to be very clear that legalization is only appropriate for medication use and will never be legalized for minors in any area of Virginia.

Posted by: legalizeLSD ()
Date: April 24, 2014 10:00AM

Darlene- while I agree with you that minors certainly should not be legally allowed to use cannabis (especially while their brains are still developing), I would have to admit that I would much rather my kid smoke pot than drink alcohol despite current laws. In many ways, I consider alcohol on par with heroin, amphetamines, and other "hard" drugs, in that it is highly addictive and socially detrimental when abused. Additionally, alcohol, unlike cannabis (when used orally or vaporized) and even highly stigmatized substances such as heroin, is directly linked to organ damage - i.e. liver disease, irreversible decrease in brain mass, irreversible damage to sensitive glutamatergic neural circuits.

I am glad you support the legalization of cannabis for medical purposes, as the supporting scientific evidence is indisputable here (for all you naysayers google search "Charlotte's web high CBD strain"). However, this is only the first step towards fixing the gross injustices committed every day against users and distributors who risk their freedom to supply a relatively harmless herb to both recreational and medicinal users. Even if you disagree with me here, there is no arguing for the continued support of the U.S. war on drugs, which has been the direct cause of the deaths of many innocent people, and the incarceration of many non-violent, good citizens.

Just something to think about over your evening glass of wine and TV ;)

Posted by: Jabgus ()
Date: May 09, 2014 12:52AM

Everyone smokes nowadays, more than half of the people I know smoke

Posted by: BEH ()
Date: May 09, 2014 04:48PM

Jabgus Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Everyone smokes nowadays, more than half of the
> people I know smoke

I don't want to know anyone who doesn't.

Posted by: k215 ()
Date: November 09, 2014 05:47PM

I thought this was the "land of the free"
Freedom isn't having to ask your government permission to smoke a completely natural and healthy plant that has NOTHING but benefits for both individuals and the US economy.
There is absolutely no reason that EVERYBODY shouldn't be allowed to smoke.
It DOES NOT kill brain cells, DOES NOT lower IQ, IT DOESN NOT make you violent or any of those misconceptions.
Fun facts, hemp only takes about 6 months to grow, it is a fuel source, it makes light and durable metal, it makes paper, clothes, flags, it can kill cancer cells and prevent or COMPLETELY heal many cancers, including breast cancer. It can clean cigarette tar from your lungs.
And there is also no reason why recreation shouldn't be completely legal, it does nothing but benefit the smoker. Even more so with the thousands of kids who struggle with ADD and ADHD. The pills you're giving your kids WHILL HAVE A PERMANENT NEGATIVE EFFECT ON THEM. NO MATTER WHAT MEDICATION IT IS.
Take my advice, a blunt a day keeps the doctor away.

Posted by: k215isanasshat ()
Date: November 13, 2014 09:03PM

haha dude while some cannabinoids have shown toxicity against cancer cells in vitro it does NOT translate into "completely healing many cancers"... Also the fact is smoke is smoke and no matter what you burn it's not healthy to inhale it. My point is, nobody should smoke their medicine obviously. When a doctor prescribes you medicine when you're sick, do you take it home, crush it up and smoke it off tinfoil?? NO, because that's fucking stupid. Now cannabis-infused edibles or tinctures or even vaporization, that's a completely different story. Although it does not CURE cancer cannabis certainly is an effective and much healthier alternative to ridiculously addictive opioids that doctors prescribe left and right to ease the symptoms. If you're going to go on pro-legalization rants on the internet, please don't sound like a fucking idiot because it's dumbass burnouts like you that take away a lot of the credibility from this movement.

Posted by: Lookin 4 Bud ()
Date: May 10, 2016 08:44PM

Speaking of which, anyone know where/how to score some bud. I'm looking.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.