HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Springfield :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Kidnapping at Franconia-Springfield Metro Station
Posted by: bledbetter ()
Date: September 01, 2009 10:55PM

Via News Channel 8, our quality of life just keeps on getting better:

SPRINGFIELD, Md. [sic] - Authorities in Fairfax County say they are searching for a suspect who carjacked and kidnapped a woman from the Franconia-Springfield Metro Station Tuesday night.

The incident occurred just before 7 p.m. on the fourth floor of the parking garage at 6880 Frontier Drive.

Police say a man forced the woman at gunpoint into the trunk of a Chevy Camaro and drove around for about. He then dropped the woman off and she called 911 from a home in the 8500 block of Silverdale Road in Lorton.

Responding units reportedly saw the suspect's vehicle and followed him where he eventually crashed near the intersection of Hooes Road and Furnace Road in Lorton and fled on foot.

Speaking of which, has anyone else heard that the police force has pretty much started running a constant presence at the new Kingstowne theater?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Kidnapping at Franconia-Springfield Metro Station
Posted by: Ktown ()
Date: September 30, 2009 01:06AM

the cops are out there every weekend and always have been but have recently stepped up their presence. on any given friday or saturday night you will see about 6 different police vehicles dispersed through out with everything from dirt bikes to helicopters available. This is most likely due to the high violence rate (robbery, assaults, stabbings) that has accumulated in the shopping center over there years. Hell, even the whole area in front of that complex is being watched by camers 24/7, just look up, they are all over the tops of the buildings.

Re: Kidnapping at Franconia-Springfield Metro Station
Posted by: Truthserum ()
Date: October 23, 2009 03:00PM

bledbetter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Speaking of which, has anyone else heard that the
> police force has pretty much started running a
> constant presence at the new Kingstowne theater?

I had noticed the increased police presence. And that they were parking in the fire lane in front of the theater. I called the district station. I sat and watched from the side as a cop came running out and moved his vehicle. THen he went back into the theater and another cop came running and moved his vehicle.

I didn't get as quick a response when I reported the Best Buy (Frontier Drive) incident in which the cop/security guy had his vehicle parked IN THE HANDICAPPED SPACE.

Cops like to commit their share of traffic crime.

I like to catch them at it.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.