HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Springfield :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
North Springfield Memories
Posted by: NoSpringfield Kid ()
Date: November 20, 2015 08:05PM

Any other people grow up in North Springfield?
Some of my good memories include:
-Playing Little League at Wimsatt Fields and Howrey(sp?) fields.
-Riding our minibikes in the woods off of Elgar St that went all the way to Lake accotink. Cops would try chasing us but we rarely got caught. When we did, we just got a stern lecture from the Fairfax County cops.
-Catching crayfish in the woods. Occasionally, we would flush out a snake or a frog.
-Hunting squirrels with our BB guns. Not much danger for the squirrels.
-Trekking through the sewers under the Beltway that would dump us out in the Ravensworth Industrial park.
-Rope swings that would entertain us for months.
-Walking up to Ravensworth Shopping Center and getting Icee's at Highs, looking at the pets at Puppy Palace, looking at the magazines at Drug Fair, playing video games at 7-11.

Anyone else have any memories to share?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: North Springfield Memories
Posted by: sunnah ()
Date: October 12, 2018 03:54AM

I second everything you mentioned except I never experienced the BB gun shooting, mini bikes, and little league. My memory is not that good but I also participated in a lot of creek adventures behind Easton St. My mother still lives in the same house we grew up. I used to attend N. Springfield Elementary. We also used to play at Wilburdale Park a lot and at the mini park/field next to the small retirement place. You get there by walking across Ferndale and Braddock through the woods. Now they dug that trail up and made a couple of homes.

Options: ReplyQuote

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.