HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Springfield :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
West Springfield HS
Posted by: Nancy ()
Date: August 03, 2006 11:11AM

We moved to this area so our kids could attend WSHS. I was there the other day and saw some big (disgusting) maintenance/health problems. Ceiling tiles with dangerous black mold near the auxiliary gym, a trash barrel filled to overflow with water dripping from the ceiling dehumidifier in the girls' locker room and foul, mouldy piles of wet dirt and grass near a door inside the building! It looks like a ghetto school! Sure there's going to be a new turf field (thanks to SYC) but come on! Ths school is in serious need of improvements and maintenance! WSHS is 40 years old, it is a great school, with great kids, teachers, coaches, programs and community support. There is a lot of Spartan pride in this area! We need to get this school looking nice again. My husband who attend WSHS in the late 70s was appalled to see the deterioration. He believes Fairfax County is trying to let the school decline to allow the area to become less expensive to live in by lower home values, thus having another area of the county for immigrants to live. I took pictures on my camera phone and I need to figure out how to upload them to attach to my emails. I plan on starting a campaign to improve our HS. Does anyone want to help?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: West Springfield HS
Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: August 03, 2006 06:08PM

I hope the school is burned to the ground by some enterprising arsonist.

If the community had any real pride they would do it themselves, if they really think they deserve a good school.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2006 12:52PM by RESton Peace.

Date: August 03, 2006 07:40PM

What kind of an idiot are you to post something about burning a school??!! Could you not tell by the text that I intended to turn this into something positive. For the sake of our community, mind your f------g business! Since you have nothing positive to say... don't bother posting A-hole RESton Peace, worry about your own South Lakes HS!

Date: August 04, 2006 12:53PM

I never went to South Lakes, geez.

Posted by: ffxn8v ()
Date: August 06, 2006 11:03PM

West Springfield HS had air quality issues back in the very early 90's with people getting sick and passing out, etc.

A whole series of tests were done however, I do not recall the outcome.

I give no sympathy to WSHS, as the general opinion is, "don't mess with WSHS (boundaries)" whenever the subject of moving someone in or out comes up...

Home values are what they are - I would think it ought to be more difficult for lower income poeple to attend WSHS now than before, as Cardinal Forrest TH values have skyrocketed since the 70's, 80's, and 90's.

...one might ask what your real agenda is here, as a health issue should be simple enough to resolve.

Date: August 10, 2006 12:24PM

The real agenda is clearly stated.... the school needs maintenance! If the decline continues, it will affect the entire community... who wants to pay premium $ for real estate in a community where the HS is becoming a slum-school? Don't even get me started on the boundary issues... the Daventry community belongs at Lee, if the families living there don't want their kids to attend Lee, move! WSHS is full to capacity, why more more in? It really didn't make sense!
So if you have no sympathy/interest in WSHS... ffxn8v, WHY DID YOU BOTHER COMMENTING?

Date: August 10, 2006 02:07PM

Since you can see nobody actually gives a fuck about West Springfield HS, and instead only care about you cock-swallowing skills, nancy, WHY DID YOU BOTHER COMMENTING?

frigid cunts need to shut the fuck up.

Date: August 11, 2006 11:48AM

Obviously this was the wrong forum to post something serious since all you seem to do is sit around reading message boards with your free hand down your pants while typing rude responses and telling me to shut up! Whatever your problem is RESton Peace, get some help and get a life then maybe you'll find some satisfaction (and someone besides your dog to swallow your cock). What a pathetic person you are... I am shocked by the ignorance and immaturity. And I'm sure you'll more than likely post again with some attempt at a funny and intimidating comeback, well A-hole, knock yourself out... have the last word, I won't be reading it.

Date: August 11, 2006 01:08PM

Nancy, nancy, pull the chainsaw out of your ass, and listen. I am the only one who will ever reply, and I think you're probably a shit-eating whore. So, I find it odd that somebody so frigid can also feel the need to whore themself. Explain.

Posted by: xckid62 ()
Date: August 13, 2006 01:16AM

Nancy, I go there, the schools fine.

The way the school looks won't have anything to do with the success of ur kids. Also, I doubt ur kids will care too much about moldy ceilings or whatever. I'm entering my senior year there, and I have never gotten sick or anything. All the other good things that WSHS has to offer will make up for the chipped paint and leaks in the ceiling.

Posted by: ffxn8v ()
Date: August 13, 2006 07:20PM

Nancy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > So if you have no sympathy/interest in WSHS...
> ffxn8v, WHY DID YOU BOTHER COMMENTING?

I said I had no sympathy - NOT any interest.

I do find it funny that you ARE so well aware of boundary issues but think "they" should keep out...

Property values - if you can prove to me that a house off Greeley Blvd (over behind OKM ES on the OKM Rd side, not Cardinal Frst. side is worth anything, please show me - we moved out of there in 1980 when owners/residents started to bring boats in and park cars on lawns/blocks. That area has gone downhill ever since and if values have gone up, it is for one of two reasons... Either the values are there because of the "commuter value" or the tax value has yet to be reasonably challenged as the county milks the area for more money.

Great Falls, Fairfax Station, or Clifton it is not...

Enjoy Nancy - and good luck w/ your cause!

Posted by: 22152nomas ()
Date: August 31, 2006 01:33PM

in response to WSHS and it's black celing, that part of the school had a roof leak when i went there 5 years ago. the school should have been renovated when i was there. lee and lake braddock have both been renovated, i find it hard to believe that WS wont be next.

as far as property values in keene mill manor, yes they have risen. the ranch-style house my parents bought there in 1985 has increased in value by over $400k. for some odd reason people will give up their kidneys to live near an old swamp (D.C.).KMM is by no means ghetto and if you think it is you live a very sheltered life. yeah, its no fairfax station but its far from being ghetto.

Date: September 12, 2006 09:16PM

WEST spreingfeild is like a trash can itll nver be clean... Come to the nicer part of the area in North Fairfax.

Posted by: The Man ()
Date: November 08, 2006 10:06PM

Restonpeace,
It is too bad these boards are not monitored more. Your words are typical of the younger, more stupid generation. Nancy, if you read this, do not bother matching words with this fool named restonpeace. He is one of the many maggots who frequent various boards on the internet to make up for their lack of virility or some other mental, physical, or emotional shortcoming. You talk big reston, but you are not anything I could not stomp out of existence should I want to soil my shoes with bacterium like yourself.

The Man-who can kick the fecal matter out of the likes of a restonpeace.

Posted by: The Spartan King ()
Date: November 08, 2006 10:09PM

North Fairfax a better area than West Springfield, you bunch of rich spoiled bastards. We can kick the asses off anyone from your North Fairfax whitebread hoods.

Posted by: FREEURMIND ()
Date: November 29, 2006 11:04AM

I think the area as a whole (DC area), Fairfax County included is going downhill due to incompetence and political correctness in our leaders (elected officials, judicial system, law enforcement, etc. etc.)

Unfortunately, we have a huge problem with influx of illegal aliens into our country which has affected our area and our schools. My wife, a native of Bolivia South America agrees also that this is a major problem as we have both been crime victims at the hands of illegal aliens. The 18 year old guy who lopped off some kids hand a few years ago off of Edsall Road, was here illegally, yet he attended Annandale High School.
Our elected officals and law enforcement our too slow, too incompetent (or both) to decide to tackle this root or all kinds of problems.

As for West Springfield High School, it is supposed to be better in many ways compared to conditions and problems in schools around the area.
Although in the past few years there have been a few shootings near the school, a couple of these occurred at parties in the neighborhoods surrounding the school.
As for the school's condition ... they will take their time repairing or revovating it ... as long as nobody is injured by the delapidation, they will simply take their sweet time repairing it .. .. such is the fashion of Government, and Government run institutions like public schools...

Perhaps the school administrators are letting it fall apart so they can argue with the county for more money with which to "renovate, rebuild, etc."
which = higher taxes for us..
So what else is new?

Date: November 30, 2006 01:03AM

West Springfield High is a toxic shithole that turns out degenerates and criminals. Most of the males that go there later have a sexual identity crisis.

That school would better serve our area as scrap materials.

Posted by: The Man ()
Date: January 17, 2007 10:57PM

It is the best school around-second to none!

Posted by: j ()
Date: February 17, 2007 02:09AM

West Springfield HS is ok. There were no problems involving the condition of the school when I went there. But during my 4 years there, I could definitely sense a HUGE jump in hispanics. The problem is not only rennovation, it is also the increasing flow of illegal immigrants. Freshman year - very few hispanics.
Senior year - 10X the amount

Posted by: Will T. ()
Date: March 15, 2007 05:20PM

Then where would all 3000+ children and teacher go? To your school?

Date: March 15, 2007 11:00PM

those mongoloids aren't getting anything out of going there now, so I see now problem with them sitting home, staring at a tv instead.

Posted by: April ()
Date: May 15, 2007 08:22PM

I go to West Springfield. It's fine. Sure, in my latin class it's hot as hell but I don't see any health hazards at all. I've never gotten sick and I've never noticed any mold either. West Springfield ain't bad, it's nice and small too. I like that. And the art and music programs are very good.

Posted by: Reston Peace Was a Fairfax Jail Boy t ()
Date: July 26, 2007 07:33PM

I was in that jail with this goof who liked to say his name was reston peace-he told some stupid jokes and thought he could get some laughs, but we just wanted him to shut up. He told us he robbed some store, but word had it he was caught with a pot belly pig or something at some hotel in bed. Anyhow, he starts lecturing us all how stupid we are and how he couldn't believe his rich dad had not gotten him out when finally this big guy named Remo just picks him up and takes him off to his cell for a night of fun. Reston-you must be the same guy, you say the same kind of shit as you did in the jail. When your daddy finally did get you out-poor remo was heart broken. Anyhow, we are all having a reunion and Remo says he wants to see you there-oh and wear those pink tights he gave you.

Posted by: CaneCorsoLover ()
Date: September 30, 2007 10:45PM

Are there any sane people on this board? Is everyone a disgusting foul mouthed retarted 12 yr old I.Q. punk with parents that should never had had them?

Posted by: FREEURMIND ()
Date: November 01, 2007 10:25AM

CaneCorsoLover, I agree with you. There is too much off-subject stupid talk on the board. I could piece the dumb comments here together and come up with an awful attempt at a comedy movie plot. Some of the comments DO sound like criminal minds talking. shut up criminal minds, we don't want to hear any more of your filth.

Posted by: gonz ()
Date: June 23, 2008 08:57PM

its funny how the western part of springfield talks shit about lee high
when wshs is ghetto

Posted by: magmaswank ()
Date: December 19, 2008 02:13PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2013 02:25AM by magmaswank.

Posted by: fixing the hole ()
Date: August 24, 2009 02:04AM

dont go out of your way to go to west springfield becasue youre just going to get fucked there

i blame south county high school

why the fuck do they get all the funding? i mean wshs is a legacy.. south county is a newbb

Posted by: marcy ()
Date: October 23, 2009 04:56PM

Any school is exactly what you make of it. Unless the building is a total shack, you can be educated in it. Tell your children to pay attention and do their best. Ask them what happened during the school day. Don't accept or encourage excuses as a way out ("the building sucks", "the teacher is crappy", etc.). Let your kids know that you expect them to care about themselves and others around them. If you just do these simple things, they will know that you trust them and care about them and expect them to be responsible for their education and responsible for their lives. You can come out of any Fairfax School with a great education if you really want it and work for it. It's about a lot more than some peeling paint. My son is at WSHS and it is way, way better than what I had 35 years ago in a small town in the Midwest. The principal of WSHS is working hard to instill pride in the students there---it's a great community. Yes, some people moved to South County HS, but those were people looking for something. The people who stayed here----they know that a shiny building is not everything---it's the people that count.

Posted by: 2 girls ()
Date: October 30, 2009 10:13PM

you said it quite well Marcy 0

My Daughter goes to WSHS. Yes the building does need some work.But it is a great school good teachers and a good programs. The kids and Parents make the school what it is not the building. I work in the Fairfax county schools and have been at 3 different ones. All the Fairfax County Schools are good. If you work hard you can get a good education. people that pay for private school are wasting money. Why pay when you can get a great education for less.

Posted by: Alumni ()
Date: November 17, 2009 01:48PM

I just graduated from WSHS and I can say, the teachers are usually great. Most of them have a real desire to teach, and really touched my life. But one person who does not have any, or deserve any, respect, is the principal there, Wardinski. A worthless sock puppet of a man with no spine and is just there to futher his administrative career at the cost of students and teachers.

Posted by: oldarmy ()
Date: July 21, 2010 12:18PM

Personally, two sons went to WSHS, with great results, and now a step-son who indicates the school still has some rigor. As to the physical plant, it could be better, and should get some attention, but it is not horrible - certainly better than the HS in the little town in SC I went to.

Posted by: dont worry about it ()
Date: October 09, 2010 10:38AM

nancy its not a bad school i go there its fine and just to tell you your husband's theroy is fucking stupid your husband is a fucking doucebag

Posted by: Not so sure.. ()
Date: October 25, 2010 02:50PM

Can someone explain why WSHS has a track record of a poor showings at the regional science fair. As well, SAT scores are rather significantly lower compared to surrounding schools - even comparing white student's scores at WSHS to white student's scores at RSS and LBSS).

Posted by: why does it matter ()
Date: December 06, 2010 01:15PM

I've read about half of this and i'm just wondering why do you hate west springfield high school so much reston peace. And please i want a real anwser, not sometin to do wit shit, cock or any of that other stuff. plus it ain't the school that makes the track record its the students so leave the building alone.

Posted by: Watson ()
Date: December 15, 2010 10:54PM

I went to WS, graduated 3 years ago and first heard of it being a shithole from this forum. I suppose its cause its the only school I know, but there was never anything I saw that made me say 'what the fuck this school is falling apart' The nerds will get good grades whatever shape the schools in, and everyone that dosent give a shit isnt going to turn themselves around cause they show up for school in september and everything is aesthetically different. If your only bitching about it cause your kid/s go there then you just dont realise that the physical condition of the school dosent make any difference on your kids grades and you live a shallow and unfullfilling life to take any time out of your day to bitch about it.

Posted by: WSHS ()
Date: September 29, 2011 10:38PM

West Springfield was supposedly getting renovated in 2015, but they have pushed the date back to 2016

Posted by: rudeboy8 ()
Date: October 01, 2011 06:48AM

i know this forum is dated but as an alumni of 2007 i cant remember any signs of physical maintenance issues during my four years there. apart from having difficulty of turning on the heaters and air conditioner's at the right time, i was fairly comfortable in that school.

anyone know if mr griffin is still there? we use to call him "sniff mcgriff" because rumor was that he got kicked out of the NFL for snorting cocaine.

another cool fact was that there use to be a smoking lounge downstairs between the science and math halls. (60s and 70s) but our smoking lounge was "the fence" by the track or under the bleachers. occasionally thered be someone smoking in one of the bathrooms by the sports auditorium during 6th or 7th periods.

we also had the most laziest and fattest security guards. just always had to be on golf carts!

as for the question of illegal immigrants and ghetto/slum talk... as far as i remember the minority wanted TO BE the majority. practically everyone clothed themselves in preppy brand name clothings like hollister, abrocrombie, and ralph lauren and everyone listened to jack johnson and played the guitar and everyone loved to DRINK! of course there were the exceptions of introverted kids ie techies, stoners, over-achievers, etc etc but my peers began to look and act more generic as time went along which a lot was due to connecting through social activities eg drinking, myspacing, disc-golfing, etc etc. go to any part of suburban metropolitan areas of this country and youll find that 100 percent of the time you wont be able to find a racial makeup of 100 percent caucasians PERIOD. i mean, you can dam well dream of it but youre sure as hell wont find it.
race is the least thing you should worry about. what do u think this is... machete shedding annandale high school?

anyways, looking back at all those years two things i regret was how i paid so much attention to my social life rather than my studies. completely studied the wrong thing in high school and smoked wayyyyy too much maryjane. i f'ed up big time and ended up at some 5h1tty worthless school in nyc. you want to talk ghetto? check out my school in WEST HARLEM, MANHATTAN, NEW YORK. until then, you dont ghetto. (only reason im still even in the northeastern part of the states is because im real close to finishing up my bfa and hopefully this internship ive got can turn into something.)

and to conclude, anyone that thinks wshs and the area is going downhill, you dont know jack squat. everytime i come back home the area is getting more and more heavily commercialized. reconstructed streets, more congestion, more yuppies and how the heck can you operate with a walgreens, whole foods, cvs, and giant all along one straight line!? which of course is not a bad thing at all, im all up for capitalism. bcus, well, lets face it, those liberal hippies are progressively shooting themselves to a dead end. agree or disagree, but id rather be in a real mixing bowl than clifton or alexandria.

so take it or leave it. the school and area has got the best of both worlds from huntsman to the intersections of OKM and rolling roads. if god forbid i ever end up with a family the only place in the world id have it would be there.

Posted by: FUckYourSociety ()
Date: May 22, 2012 07:01PM

Thou art all snobs.

Posted by: Sexskandalbrah ()
Date: February 27, 2013 09:54PM

F all of you! That's my school. I rep it no matter what. Spartans are the best.

Posted by: theophilus park ()
Date: March 07, 2013 10:02AM

Lol dumb bitch ^^^ In case you haven't noticed, your little school if full of stuck up hypocritical pricks and ratchet hoes who rep #spartanpride when clearly there is none because no one ACTUALLY reps it.

Let me guess, you're one of those advocates aren't you? Please, just let that school RIP.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2013 10:02AM by theophilus park.

Posted by: Spartan ()
Date: May 07, 2013 08:53PM

Nigga you a bitch^ what school you fucken reppin nigga tryna act all tough bitch

Posted by: Suck Me Off Spartan ()
Date: May 15, 2013 01:31PM

No you're the bitch. Me and him both graduated in 2011 you dumb hoe. That school fucking sucks and I haven't seen more fake people anywhere else, especially the current students. Shit quit trying to go hard.

Why don't you give me your address and let us stop by tough guy? I bet you're just a pussy nigga hiding behind a damn computer. If you want to prove me wrong go ahead and message him your address, bitch.

Posted by: \bbb ()
Date: September 01, 2013 09:50PM

schoool sucks

Posted by: DoubleD ()
Date: December 07, 2013 03:06AM

I go there, kids are arogant and will probably make your kid wanna kill him/herlself if you're kid isn't very social. The school's getting renovated next year so you don't have to worry about it looking ghetto.

Posted by: Raffi ()
Date: March 16, 2014 08:54PM

Elected officials like Herrity...Albo...School Board members need to be held accouintable. Demand action and something will be done. These Republicans should not be allowed to get away with this.

Posted by: Bill ()
Date: April 16, 2014 10:55AM

We spend way too much money on these public schools. It's time to privatize education. Say NO to the Dept. of Ed.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.