HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Springfield :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
3-4 Police Cars + Drug Sniffing Dogs for POT???
Posted by: Fairfax County Taxpayer ()
Date: June 27, 2015 09:07PM

Marijuana is legal in DC and MD and yet on Friday, Fairfax County Police Department sent at least three unmarked cruisers flying around a West Springfield neighborhood off Carleigh looking for a kid that they suspected of having marijuana? Is this seriously what we are paying taxes for? How incredibly embarrassing for our county and for FCPD to be wasting resources like that on something that is only technically illegal and is obviously on course to become completely legal in the not-too-distant future. Why not put more officers on the roads and ticket people texting or talking on the phone while driving? Those people are the real dangers, and yet I have yet to see anyone using their devices be pulled over. Shit, if we're really going for low-hanging fruit here, why not send the squad cars out for litterers as well?

It's blowing my mind that as tenuous a relationship as police officers all over the country seem to have with the general public, they are still choosing to make incredibly stupid public relations decisions. FCPD had an entire neighborhood wondering if they were safe that evening, all because they were all bonered up to catch some kid with a doobie. Give me a fucking break.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 3-4 Police Cars + Drug Sniffing Dogs for POT???
Posted by: 1973 ()
Date: June 27, 2015 10:23PM

When did this happen? And where exactly?

Also, there's a reason why we live in one of the safest areas in the country...and that's because FCPD doesn't let the little things escalate into something bigger. Pot is not legal yet.

Posted by: Seriously? ()
Date: July 01, 2015 08:43AM

Are you seriously claiming the slippery slope argument (which, by the way, has been debunked for a number of reasons, most of which are common sense)? And if you are saying that weed leads to harder drugs and weapons, does that mean if it was legalized tomorrow it would no longer be dangerous? Let's not be disengenuous here; it affects you too to have your tax dollars wasted on this kind of shit.

Posted by: Big Mama ()
Date: April 23, 2016 01:43AM

It was probably me who called the cops on them. I constantly have people thinking it's okay to use or sell drugs on the side of my house. Do what you want on your own property, I don't care, but don't do that crap on the side of my house. I've had my kids woken up, I've found trash and paraphenalia in my yard, even used condoms. I usually don't call the police because after all I was a kid once too but sometimes you just have had enough.

Posted by: iwish ()
Date: April 23, 2016 05:49AM

I wish they had paid as much attention to the drug dealer and dealer house flipper. Instead I got banned for calling in too many times! Yet the cars in that place always stunk of weed and the young black kids and hobo living there stayed up all day and night and were very noisy. Police did NADA

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.