HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Springfield :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
West Springfield - HEAVY helicopter activity
Posted by: subversive99 ()
Date: May 06, 2015 08:13PM

Within the past 5 days, every day ALL DAY heavy Helicopter activity.
Does anyone know what is going on? I have pictures of 7 different helicopters circling in area.

I have called FCDPS - 703 691 2131 and have been hung up on over a dozen times asking the type of mission these helicopters are on.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: West Springfield - HEAVY helicopter activity
Date: May 06, 2015 09:07PM

They are still going over: 9:04pm. Called FCDPS, described helicopters in question and was told "we don't know what they are doing, and we don't see any scheduled helicopter flights in your area right now."

Posted by: Watchful ()
Date: May 07, 2015 02:52PM

It could be out of Belvoir. They have Blackhawks ... Was this military grade helos or smaller?
Can you post some of the pics?

I've called in before and FCPD, tells me what's going on.

Also, I've been buzzed before, where a copter has just sat low over my home for a good ten seconds, then flew away .. this was 12 years ago .. I didn't even get up to look out the window .. cause I was in shock. that case felt like a military grade. anyway that IS what happened.

Post pics pls.

Posted by: Pilot Guy ()
Date: May 07, 2015 03:30PM

I fly out of Davison Army Airfield all the time as a pilot. Fairfax 1(PD's Helo) does a lot of training missions or are probably looking for someone. If you're really that interested, a police officer behind a desk usually won't have any idea what is going on. Pickup a scanner at radio shack and you can listen to the FCPD frequencies, or just find a website online. Really though whenever I am flying they seem to ALWAYS be up there somewhere...

Date: May 08, 2015 10:56AM

All the others are videos, but heres one.
Attachments:
IMG_3214.JPG

Date: May 08, 2015 12:33PM

Short video
Attachments:
trim.E4163CBE-D342-4203-8CDA-53E5B47FF8F5.MOV

Posted by: That's a Blackhawk ()
Date: May 08, 2015 11:42PM

US Army. Probably just FT Belvoir types out practicing. Of course, it COULD be part of the Jade Helm exercise, in which case you are justified in shooting at it (Juut use a BB Gun though, you don't want to actually hurt anyone).

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.